Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Bravo Crystal Palace Fans.

It is amazing that this is allowed to happen, assuming all the stuff I hear second hand is true. If so I’d fully support a peaceful demo when the Geordies pitch up at Carrud 

• Like 1

"Greatest league in the World" or whatever nonsense the media come out with. We should've looking to the Bundesliga but have sold the soul of our football heritage. Still, plenty of idiots lap it up. 

Plus of course we sell arms to the Saudis so don't really have a leg to stand on here.  

Know various Man UTD fans that gave up and went off to watch local non-league sides. 

• Like 1

Just now, Canario said:

Know various Man UTD fans that gave up and went off to watch local non-league sides. 

After today, I’m close to doing the same! 

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well done, hope more clubs do the same

Not likely, when there’s quite a few on here who’d welcome them with open arms!!!

Fun 88 their shirt sponsor says…. well it isn’t exactly fun watching this corrupt takeover happen, all while the soul gets sucked out of the game we love.

"Police responding to complaint that the banner was ‘offensive’ "
 - Is offending someone a crime now ?
Pathetic.

• Like 4

Wonder if they will be loaning out that banner to whoever is playing Newcastle?  Nothing on it is offensive, the new owners of their club are though. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

56 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well done, hope more clubs do the same

They should just pass that banner round to the next supporters group facing Newcastle. Nailed it and it should be shown every week.

• Like 5

Police are investigating the use of this banner apparently, I mean seriously????? What a total waste of police resources.

1 hour ago, simmo_2 said:

How many of the above ticks also cover most owners of premiership clubs now get a life and worry about NCFC because we are so embarrassing it’s unbelievable. 

Well I remember an arms dealer. But he never got near the prem...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, K Lo said:

Pathetic.

Yes offending people has been illegal for some time. Have you not heard of 'hate crime'?

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wonder if they will be loaning out that banner to whoever is playing Newcastle?  Nothing on it is offensive, the new owners of their club are though. 

Anything can be offensive to anyone. Taking offense is subjective, there is no one set standard. A leftist could be offended by the views of a conservative. A Muslim can be offended by the leftist's view. A Hindu could be offended by the Muslim's view, as could an LGBTQ activist.

Who's views are more important that we have to give them more consideration than others? Yours?

7 hours ago, K Lo said:

Pathetic.

Should end up charging themselves with wasting police time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Anything can be offensive to anyone. Taking offense is subjective, there is no one set standard. A leftist could be offended by the views of a conservative. A Muslim can be offended by the leftist's view. A Hindu could be offended by the Muslim's view, as could an LGBTQ activist.

Who's views are more important that we have to give them more consideration than others? Yours?

I find this post extremely offensive. Can someone let me know the number for the police?

9 hours ago, K Lo said:

Pathetic.

Equal parts pathetic and terrifying. This sounds like something that would happen in an authoritarian police state, people should be very worried if this type of abuse of authority occurs. I really do hate the direction not just this country but the whole world seems to be drifting into.  

For anyone else please don't try to argue a racial element. Firstly Saudi's are not a race, neither is the cartoon any kind of stereotypical caracature. This is just an excuse to abuse police power to silence and oppress a small dissenting section of the population. It's disgusting. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Equal parts pathetic and terrifying. This sounds like something that would happen in an authoritarian police state, people should be very worried if this type of abuse of authority occurs. I really do hate the direction not just this country but the whole world seems to be drifting into.  

For anyone else please don't try to argue a racial element. Firstly Saudi's are not a race, neither is the cartoon any kind of stereotypical caracature. This is just an excuse to abuse police power to silence and oppress a small dissenting section of the population. It's disgusting. 

Absolutely spot on. I cannot see any reason at all why this banner needs to be investigated. We, in theory, live in a democracy.

10 hours ago, simmo_2 said:

How many of the above ticks also cover most owners of premiership clubs now get a life and worry about NCFC because we are so embarrassing it’s unbelievable. 

Stop pretending to be so dim that you seem to completely miss the point.

At least, I hope you're pretending.

Got a feeling palace will get hammered for doing this though, unjustifiably.

The prem will want to nip this in the bud quick, to protect the new sacred cash cow

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Yes offending people has been illegal for some time. Have you not heard of 'hate crime'?

Sounds like Orwell's 1984... "Wrong think".

1 minute ago, K Lo said:

Sounds like Orwell's 1984... "Wrong think".

Yes, it’s been going that way for many years:  Wrong think, hate crime, thought crime etc.  However, what’s different about the Palace banner is that for once it’s presumably not the woke left who are doing the complaining.

8 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Yes, it’s been going that way for many years:  Wrong think, hate crime, thought crime etc.  However, what’s different about the Palace banner is that for once it’s presumably not the woke left who are doing the complaining.

The problem with these people who complain... Leftards or whoever, is that they only concern themselves with the reaction to the problem, not the problem itself.
Saudi policy is deeply offensive... not a word.
Criticising Saudi policy with parody etc.... people crying.