Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

I wouldn’t want to stand in the trenches with our fans!!

The energy and sheer joy that some of our fans seem to have in putting the boot in to their own team and manager is a bitter shame, and shows them up for being just fair weather supporters.. Most more concerned about what others think, the pundits , the press , talk rubbish  ……….who gives a flying monkeys what others think! It’s our club, and like a good marriage there are good and bad times, but if you love your club (wife) nothing splits you up.On current evidence half our fan base should be heading to the divorce courts. Our club needs our support far more now than last year, yet when the going gets tough, the tribe just whinge and whine, like a kid who has had their ice cream stolen - no balls, no backbone and certainly not to be relied on in the trenches!!

And why should we be totally surprised about our current plight? We lost our two best players, the back up players were passed it, so we have bought in almost half a new squad. Expecting them to gel immediately was naive at best, we have lost to the top 5 teams in the league, what a surprise! We will have our off days - and for sure today was one of them, but it was just 3 points we never expected  getting anything else. We get immature commentators like Jack Reeve on fan sites like calling for Farke’s head. Totally lack of perspective, we have the lowest financial funds of all teams in the top league. What does anybody expect? We are lucky to have had so many good times in the last 5 years. If our fans want the false world of mega billionaires go and support Newcastle. Norwich is a club to be proud of and not one for our so called fans to ridicule.!! 

Get behind our club otherwise pee off and support Ipswich !!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with the players either would you? 

Or a firing squad, they'd stand in a circle.

I can see where you are coming from Rhino and I have to agree.I am a Canary fan through and through and have been for the last 60 odd years.
But I do reserve the right to have a good whinge if a performance warrants it.Todays did.
I can guarantee that i will get over this disappointment just like I have with all the others and I will be there at the next game either in body or soul willing them on to victory.

Edited by Grumpy

Grumpy - happy to have you next to me next time trench warfare is needed! Of course we all moan for a while that’s part of the fun, but not the constant barrage of abuse from so called fans isn’t !! 

No I would not want to be in the trenches with other City fans as our "leader" orders us over the top in another futile  directionless and suicidal mission of staggering incompetence.

4 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Grumpy - happy to have you next to me next time trench warfare is needed! Of course we all moan for a while that’s part of the fun, but not the constant barrage of abuse from so called fans isn’t !! 

Which players would you choose to join you in the trenches at the moment? 

I was at this game and I was appalled!!! Spent money on a no show by a bunch of overpaid cinderella's who didn't do anything to deserve wearing the Canary badge!!!! I don't have a problem with losing, but at least lise playing the canary way!!!!! I think this was the worst performance I have seen since the Colchester debacle... I am a Norwich fan through and through but THIS WAS UNACCEPTABLE for a professional team of OVERPAID footballers! Big problem in the sport...that money

Why oh why do some fans think anyone else would do bette than DF?

Do we truely whole heartedly believe that a) someone/anyone would do that much better than DF (as in who'd realistically come here, but even if it was pep klopp, they still have the same boys to pick from)

And b) that DF hasn't earned the right to have this season, and even if he fails to keep us up, you could probably consider that the issue lies in backing and recruitment, which isn't a shot at the board as they have stepped up this year, but it's just not up to the required standard.

And c) who'd you going to get? Big Sam? Bruce? Pulis? A firefighter and some one who knows how to keep us up... But I'd wager the same fans will moan about the hoofball!

Alright, we were poor today, it's not been a season to enjoy and we will likely go down, but DF has been at the heart of the last three years! I think it will be a sad day if we kick him out and there's no guarantee the next guy will be a success

Have you considered that supporting the club maybe best served by making the manager/owners positions uncomfortable, to effect change sooner rather than later. Others could say by blinding supporting Farke/Delia you’re not supporting what would be in the best interests of the club just those employees 

• Like 1

Who would you WANT to be in the trenches with, baring in mind in that situation certain death is heading your way? I personally wouldn't want to be in them at all.

35 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Another one who wasn’t at the game today

deary me 

Obviously not Uncle Fred or he would have called you out over it.

37 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Why oh why do some fans think anyone else would do bette than DF?

Do we truely whole heartedly believe that a) someone/anyone would do that much better than DF (as in who'd realistically come here, but even if it was pep klopp, they still have the same boys to pick from)

And b) that DF hasn't earned the right to have this season, and even if he fails to keep us up, you could probably consider that the issue lies in backing and recruitment, which isn't a shot at the board as they have stepped up this year, but it's just not up to the required standard.

And c) who'd you going to get? Big Sam? Bruce? Pulis? A firefighter and some one who knows how to keep us up... But I'd wager the same fans will moan about the hoofball!

Alright, we were poor today, it's not been a season to enjoy and we will likely go down, but DF has been at the heart of the last three years! I think it will be a sad day if we kick him out and there's no guarantee the next guy will be a success

a) Yes statistically there is definitely someone who would do better.

b) He earned the right to have a go again after last relegation and then promotion, but he doesn’t deserve the whole season if it isn’t working.

c) With respect it’s literally Webber’s job to have replacements in mind not the supporters.

I respect what Daniel has done, can’t do anything but praise him for the two promotion seasons and helping the club establish itself in its goal of top 26 club. It will definitely be a sad day when he goes, most of the people who think he’s failed I imagine are gutted about that.

But it’s truly “little old Norwich” mindset to think that there’s literally nobody out there who’s willing and could possibly do a better job given how awful his PL record is and the performances so far this year have been. 

Today has turned me personally to be honest. I so wanted him to turn it around but I just can’t see how it’s going to happen anymore, there is no belief and fight in that team. Unless he performs a miracle over the next few games we are on a slow track to his end as Norwich manager and I can unfortunately see the atmosphere getting uglier and uglier.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rhino1 said:

The energy and sheer joy that some of our fans seem to have in putting the boot in to their own team and manager is a bitter shame, and shows them up for being just fair weather supporters.. Most more concerned about what others think, the pundits , the press , talk rubbish  ……….who gives a flying monkeys what others think! It’s our club, and like a good marriage there are good and bad times, but if you love your club (wife) nothing splits you up.On current evidence half our fan base should be heading to the divorce courts. Our club needs our support far more now than last year, yet when the going gets tough, the tribe just whinge and whine, like a kid who has had their ice cream stolen - no balls, no backbone and certainly not to be relied on in the trenches!!

And why should we be totally surprised about our current plight? We lost our two best players, the back up players were passed it, so we have bought in almost half a new squad. Expecting them to gel immediately was naive at best, we have lost to the top 5 teams in the league, what a surprise! We will have our off days - and for sure today was one of them, but it was just 3 points we never expected  getting anything else. We get immature commentators like Jack Reeve on fan sites like calling for Farke’s head. Totally lack of perspective, we have the lowest financial funds of all teams in the top league. What does anybody expect? We are lucky to have had so many good times in the last 5 years. If our fans want the false world of mega billionaires go and support Newcastle. Norwich is a club to be proud of and not one for our so called fans to ridicule.!! 

Get behind our club otherwise pee off and support Ipswich !!

Your post contradicts itself so many times I don't really think you are going to get many likes.

No shame of losing to the eventful premier league champions but the manner of the defeat speaks volumes 

I think we need a change at the top 

Who "stands" in a trench?  Good way to get your head relegated from your body.  Regardless, I'm standing right behind Farke.....the next time he's overlooking the cliffs of Dover.