Tumbleweed

Farke trashing himself and us

It is incredible that Daniel Farke is still in post. Mind boggling. A 10% win record in the EPL, 72% of games lost at this level. But more than that, even last time: abject pathetic failure that even a  non league side would be ashamed of.

Farke simply has to be sacked. Lovely bloke, and given us two great promotions, but he is humiliating us now. Confidence in the first team clearly gone, seemingly good players frozen out, no desire, no motivation, no tactics, no hunger, no improvement. A shambles.

How many managers turn this sort of situation around? Our ineptitude at this level is setting new records. The chances of it changing? Pretty much negligible. Name one time, ever, anywhere, where something like this has undergone an equivalently Damascene transformation.

Tactics, line ups, desire, marking, closing down, passing, effort. Pride. All free.  None of it on display today and precious little all season. We have a squad stuffed full of internationals, a squad built by Farke himself. Just look at the you tube videos of a vibrant Rashica at Bremen. Here? A shadow, an irrelevance, a name on a shirt, a fleeting presence. A bit part squad player devoid of meaningful influence.

DF is slowly but surely trashing us, the squad and the club by being out of his depth. But he is also trashing his legacy. Two wonderful promotions are now being eroded by a fast cancerous and acrimonious decline. And his own reputation? Now in danger of being irreparably damaged.  We are all in a terrible spiral of failure.

The toleration of such awful performances by Webber is itself staggering in its ineptitude. But Farke needs to leave now, both for his own good and for ours. No good will come of this. There is no case for persisting with a failing manager in whom even the players seem to have lost faith. Change is scary. But often needed. That time is now. The courageous will act. The cowardly will fail.

@ Daniel Farke- you know what to do. Act now. Save what little we and you have left and leave with dignity. Change is scary. But change is good.

• Like 1

Just now, Tumbleweed said:

@ Daniel Farke- you know what to do. Act now. Save what little we and you have left and leave with dignity. Change is scary. But change is good.

I know that everybody seems to have the impression that Daniel Farke is some sort of moral god, but look at his CV and this is his first well paid job, he'll be wanting his pay off in full to ensure a lifetime of financial security. Don't get any silly ideas about him resigning, it will be "mutual termination" at best.

Agreed, I think thats the most likely, but he'll need to agree and leave "by mutual consent" with a negotiated settlement.

I really want him to succeed, but his time has run here and his best option must surely be to get out with some shred of credibility. 

He's in danger of ruining his managerial career.  Someone needs to put time to this.

Does he want a future in football or does he not care? 

33 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

He's in danger of ruining his managerial career.  Someone needs to put time to this.

Does he want a future in football or does he not care? 

He’s got 2 title winning promotions on his CV full of entertaining, flowing attacking football, there’ll be clubs interested no doubt 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know that everybody seems to have the impression that Daniel Farke is some sort of moral god, but look at his CV and this is his first well paid job, he'll be wanting his pay off in full to ensure a lifetime of financial security. Don't get any silly ideas about him resigning, it will be "mutual termination" at best.

If i was the owner and someone like Farke held his hands up and said sorry boss i am not good enough i am leaving i would say thankyou for all you have done here is 2 years of the contract 

sacking him would cost us 4 so 2 years is a nice little thankyou if he was to walk 

Sure, he’s not doing great by any stretch of the imagination, but once again he has been stitched up like a kipper by the transfer window which is looking to be a like the most horrific of this regime yet. We appear to have signed a bunch of Naismiths!

Edited by Coneys Knee
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tumbleweed said:

It is incredible that Daniel Farke is still in post. Mind boggling. A 10% win record in the EPL, 72% of games lost at this level. But more than that, even last time: abject pathetic failure that even a  non league side would be ashamed of.

Yes however league performance is not the club’s measure of success, unless we fall outside of top 26 and stop developing talent to sell at a considerable profit. 

If league performance was the measure then yes, I think he would be sacked now. 

If you are right CJ, then after 40+ years of supporting it is time that City and I parted. I don't follow a business, I follow a football club wanting to do the absolute best and vompete with the elite.

18 minutes ago, AJ said:

He’s got 2 title winning promotions on his CV full of entertaining, flowing attacking football, there’ll be clubs interested no doubt 

Was that apparent today? Do you think people won't look at this?

16 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Sure, he’s not doing great by any stretch of the imagination, but once again he has been stitched up like a kipper by the transfer window which is looking to be a like the most horrific of this regime yet. We appear to have signed a bunch of Naismiths!

I believe the correct term is a Naggle of Naismiths

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Was that apparent today? Do you think people won't look at this?

David Wagner who started out so well at Huddersfield before having a mare (history of that Webber appointment repeating itself at Norwich?) is currently plying his trade in Switzerland with Young Boys and he and they seem to be doing OK, so I guess there will be somebody interested in DF somewhere............

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Clubs who will be able to fund his brand of football in the premier league 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Clubs who will be able to fund his brand of football in the premier league 

No PL club is giving Farke the reins with his record. He’d walk into a Championship club though.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

No PL club is giving Farke the reins with his record. He’d walk into a Championship club though.

I think you’d be surprised 

10 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

David Wagner who started out so well at Huddersfield before having a mare (history of that Webber appointment repeating itself at Norwich?) is currently plying his trade in Switzerland with Young Boys and he and they seem to be doing OK, so I guess there will be somebody interested in DF somewhere............

You're dead right. Let's carry on with this. 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

I think you’d be surprised 

Think their fan base would be too, they’d riot.

17 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

He will always be able to find work, he'll just never work at this level again.

2 hours ago, Tumbleweed said:

Farke simply has to be sacked. Lovely bloke, and given us two great promotions, but he is humiliating us now. Confidence in the first team clearly gone, seemingly good players frozen out, no desire, no motivation, no tactics, no hunger, no improvement. A shambles.

How many managers turn this sort of situation around? Our ineptitude at this level is setting new records. The chances of it changing? Pretty much negligible. Name one time, ever, anywhere, where something like this has undergone an equivalently Damascene transformation.

Tactics, line ups, desire, marking, closing down, passing, effort. Pride. All free.  None of it on display today and precious little all season. We have a squad stuffed full of internationals, a squad built by Farke himself. Just look at the you tube videos of a vibrant Rashica at Bremen. Here? A shadow, an irrelevance, a name on a shirt, a fleeting presence. A bit part squad player devoid of meaningful influence.

DF is slowly but surely trashing us, the squad and the club by being out of his depth. But he is also trashing his legacy. Two wonderful promotions are now being eroded by a fast cancerous and acrimonious decline. And his own reputation? Now in danger of being irreparably damaged.  We are all in a terrible spiral of failure.

The toleration of such awful performances by Webber is itself staggering in its ineptitude. But Farke needs to leave now, both for his own good and for ours. No good will come of this. There is no case for persisting with a failing manager in whom even the players seem to have lost faith. Change is scary. But often needed. That time is now. The courageous will act. The cowardly will fail.

I'm suprised Farke has made it this far. I like the man but what's the point of winning the championship and being an absolute embarrassment in the Premier league. Our club doesn't deserve to stand on the same grass as the other premier league clubs.

The players are a shower of sh!te but DF is one who has to be accountable, if he is still here on Monday it will be an absolute farce and a joke 

Do you people actually believe all this stuff?  Do you actually think that DF is contemplating leaving?  Do you think the club are going to want to part ways with him?  Do you think he thinks we can't turn it round? Do you think the club are that fickle they don't believe he can turn it round? Do you really think there is someone else out there who can rescue this season?  Really?  Do the club think everything rests on this season?  No, they don't and if relegated who better than Farke to get us back up again.

So stay, Daniel, fight it out and get us on track, get a reaction from the players for the next game, which is huge - the very least is that we need a performance, unlike today which was plainly abject. When the going gets tough, the tough get going - and we will see if the players are up for the fight in the next game. Simply overawed and outplayed today. Some players need to grow up fast and others need to step up a bit. As for DF, stick in there, you know you have what it takes.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Do you people actually believe all this stuff?  Do you actually think that DF is contemplating leaving?  Do you think the club are going to want to part ways with him?  Do you think he thinks we can't turn it round? Do you think the club are that fickle they don't believe he can turn it round? Do you really think there is someone else out there who can rescue this season?  Really?  Do the club think everything rests on this season?  No, they don't and if relegated who better than Farke to get us back up again.

So stay, Daniel, fight it out and get us on track, get a reaction from the players for the next game, which is huge - the very least is that we need a performance, unlike today which was plainly abject. When the going gets tough, the tough get going - and we will see if the players are up for the fight in the next game. Simply overawed and outplayed today. Some players need to grow up fast and others need to step up a bit. As for DF, stick in there, you know you have what it takes.

It was 7 nil lakey. A league 2 team would of held out for longer. 

I do enjoy your optimism sir but there isn't much left to ponder. 

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I voted for Farke to stay but anyone with half a brain cell knows a no show against Leeds will result in a sacking. Your old enough to know how these scenarios end up. 

14 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Surprise us. Those clubs are?

Anyone south (metaphorically of course) of Southampton 

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Out of reactions, so........🤣😂

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Did you see his interview on MOTD? There is no fight there. In fact he seemed totally oblivious to the shower of **** they’d just served up. Not surprised the team showed no fight either.

Farke is incapable of getting the team to fight. Look at the way the way they fought after project restart. This season looks no different.

I had some sympathy for Farke given a farcical transfer window in which the club managed to *weaken* a promoted squad, but Farke has clearly lost the dressing room at this point. He’ll go soon. It’s just a matter of time now.