Olano

I want Kjetil Knutsen from Bodø/Glimt

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Absolutely.

He's not Svengali.

Therefore, too big a job, unless we return the clock to Farke's arrival.

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

The only good British manager available is Smith and he's literally just left his last job and will probably feel he can get a better job than us. Lampard as previously said can't organize a defense and what he does well he does no better than Farke, it would be an utterly pointless appointment and would basically nail on relegation.

I like the idea of Knutsen and if anybody seriously thinks he would turn down the chance to manage in the PL and potentially quadruple or more his and his staff's wages just to see out a few more games at Bodo/Glint to lift the Norweigian trophy for the second time is a bit mental, himself and his staff have probably never earned all that much over their careers so far and the exposure and reputation you get for managing in the PL is so much higher than winning games in the Europa League, if he doesn't take this chance and has an underwhelming season next year he will suddenly disappear off of every bodies radar. If we want him and he's interested he will leave Bodo when we need him to. 

He's my first choice, the fact it hasn't been ruled out at the other end is a positive sign as i was reading that they have been quick to publicly shoot down speculation in the press in the past. PL experience or not, he plays 4-3-3 which is what we have the new players for, he also has his teams using the high press and Id love to see us show that sort of aggression in matches. Then you throw in a manager who is use to being at a club punching above it weight, who showed no fear or respect to Roma.. it's a gamble but it more a gamble id like to take than Frank.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

That's where I am at the moment. Knutsen has too much of back to roots appointment feel when we should be pushing forward with a 'Farke Plus' head coach. Knutsen is well below Farke's level imo.

I have seen 90 of Norwich and Glimt games the last 4 years.

Knutsen is on a different planet compere to Farke. And I thougt Farke was a good manager

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I like the idea of Knutsen and if anybody seriously thinks he would turn down the chance to manage in the PL and potentially quadruple or more his and his staff's wages just to see out a few more games at Bodo/Glint to lift the Norweigian trophy for the second time is a bit mental, 

Then im mental. (I think he Will stay in Bodø and leave in january)

He loves Glimt.

He is lojale and a man of his words

He is a wanted man and know he can whait for a good Job.

On 08/11/2021 at 20:36, yellowrider120 said:

So you say but he's 53 not 33 so why has he been trawling around in Norway his whole career if he's so brilliant? Sorry call me sceptical if you like but something doesn't quite stack up here. Also, whilst I really admire the apparent all out attacking style he would bring, if he goes hell for leather like that in the PL we will get destroyed. Seems to be a real character though so that will be interesting and exciting. We could do with more of that at FCR and blow away this disgraceful 'little old Norwich' tag that Herr Farke eventually settled for.

I guess this isnt happening now. But the reason he's so late to the party is that he's been working in the lower leagues (with success) before landing a assistant gig before being promoted to head coach for a top division team. 

The teams he's been working for has had so few financial resources that the optimal result for them would either be "not releagated" or "status quo". The first team with any potential he's coached has been Bodø-Glimt and the team went from 11th in the league (he took over during the season) to 2nd the first year as coach, and then consecutive 1st placings.

Prior to him taking over, the team has been a frequent relegation and promotion team thats always fighting at the bottom of the table. 

Essentially he's gone from that, to fielding a team that looks like they could do some damage in Serie A if the results vs Roma and Milan is anything to go by. 

Sometimes it just takes a while to discover real talent, which is the case here.