Olano

I want Kjetil Knutsen from Bodø/Glimt

Bodø/Glimt manager Kjetil Knutsen is probably leaving Bodø/Glimt in January. 

Glimt was in the secund divisjon in Norway. He won premotion and last years he won the leage with the most points a Norwegian club ever have gotten. Glimt dont have money but Knutsen have built a team. They have a "we" feeling all true the club. Players that dont geth the "we" was sold fast like Mathias Nordmann.

Brougt in good psychiatrist, that work with the mental helft to the players. Brougt outcast players from other club to greatnes with Glimt, true work with  mental helfth , and fantastic management of the players 

He plays ofencive football. Never changes style of play. And is extremly positiv. His players fights and give everyting for the club.

Somting Roma and Jose Mourinio learnd the hard way this week. When he lost 7-1 to Glimt (the small Norwegian team with no money)  And that is afther they sold 3 off there 4 best players last season) .

They have nutritionist focus on fish. (Somting new in the UK?)

He is good in signing players, besause he onely look at players that is corect for his system. 4-3-3

I truly belive in this miracle manager. Yes he Will need time, but give him 2 years and we have a manager that Will be iritated when we dont win 5-0 against team like Everton. He is so hungry for sucses.

And he can bring with him some Norwegian internationals from Glimt. 

(Sorry aboute the english, im norwegian, and it is a horrible autocorect on this phone)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Another player whos never been proven in the top flight? Webber wants your number

Did you mean manager/head coach?

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Another player whos never been proven in the top flight? Webber wants your number

He said manager?

I dont have It but om sure Mourinio can hjelp him. Mourinio wurst result in his 1008 carer was against Bodø/Glimt 

5 minutes ago, Olano said:

Glimt was in the secund divisjon in Norway. He won premotion and last years he won the leage with the most points a Norwegian club ever have gotten. Glimt dont have money but Knutsen have built a team. They have a "we" feeling all true the club. Players that dont geth the "we" was sold fast like Mathias Nordmann.

Brougt in good psychiatrist, that work with the mental helft to the players. Brougt outcast players from other club to greatnes with Glimt, true work with  mental helfth , and fantastic management of the players 

He plays ofencive football. Never changes style of play. And is extremly positiv. His players fights and give everyting for the club.

Somting Roma and Jose Mourinio learnd the hard way this week. When he lost 7-1 to Glimt (the small Norwegian team with no money)  And that is afther they sold 3 off there 4 best players last season) .

He is good in signing players, besause he onely look at players that is corect for his system. 4-3-3

I truly belive in this miracle manager. Yes he Will need time, but give him 2 years and we have a manager that Will be iritated when we dont win 5-0 against team like Everton. He is so hungry for sucses.

(Sorry aboute the english, im norwegian, and it is a horrible autocorect on this phone)

Hugely impressive, almost unbelievable win against Roma midweek which must have caught many potential suitors eye. Let’s hope that Webber is one of those 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/10/2021 at 19:54, Olano said:

You may just get your wish, Olano.

However, not sure how that would play out with Normann. He’s arguably been our best player so far this season.

If what you say is true, Olano, then I'm very much with you on this. 

Knutsen sounds very similar to how Lambert was for us, in that he'd galvanise a cheap team of nobodies to play out of their skins for the club. 

This ethos is so important for us because that extra spirit is essential to make-up for our lack of expenditure. 

We need someone tough after the meekness and losing mentality of the previous regime. 

Considering we can't go for an unknown anymore because of bloody brexit I think it will be someone in this mold, someone doing good things at a smaller club on a budget and is obviously talented but is perhaps someone that other clubs are not willing to take a risk on.

I would be pretty happy with this guy, attacking 433, emphasis on sports psychology, creates a great squad morale, wins big games against much bigger clubs, gets the best out of players inc some whose careers have stalled etc. Sounds like potentially the next Graham Potter and we know Potter was the man chosen to replace Farke when he was struggling before he went to Swansea so you know Webber likes this type of manager. Sounds like a good fit. 

Knutsen wont leave Glimt before January the first. 

Dont think the UK Will give him problem with the paper work. 

Will not be surprised to see him take a club like Coventry to a mid prem team if you give him 2-3 years to build his team

Normann can celebrate that Farke was fires before desember 😂😂.

Edited by Olano

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Norway isn't in the EU. I assume that means it's possible but I don't know.

The visa issues are due to Brexit, but the rules apply to all nationalities. Essentially it's harder to recruit staff from Europe (as we had freedom of movement) but easier to recruit from places like South America.

It's a points based system depending on which leagues they've played in, club competitions, international caps etc.

Knutsen should be fine as he managed Bodo/Glimt in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Times are saying Lampard and Lucien Favre are the bookies early frontrunners. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

The Times are saying Lampard and Lucien Favre are the bookies early frontrunners. 

The odds suggest there is only one runner…Lampard

I'd take Favre every day of the week, but Knutsen's interested me for similar reasons mentioned in the OP. His use of psychology is particularly interesting - didn't he get someone from the Norwegian elite forces in for that purpose? 

What also needs adding is that in Norway there was very much a stereotype that the teams from the north (including Bodo, Tromso, Mjolner, etc) weren't as good as teams from the rest of the country and particularly the Oslo/Trondheim teams (Rosenborg being from Trondheim), and indeed those are the only three teams from the north that have made it to the Norwegian top flight.

Normann could be what's counting him out though.

41 minutes ago, Olano said:

Knutsen wont leave Glimt before January the first. 

Dont think the UK Will give him problem with the paper work. 

Will not be surprised to see him take a club like Coventry to a mid prem team if you give him 2-3 years to build his team

Normann can celebrate that Farke was fires before desember 😂😂.

If he isn’t available before then he won’t be the man. Money can make anything happen though and if we want him before I’m sure if we want him now the compensation package would make it happen

5 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Yes, but given that odds are determined by punters with the same knowledge as you and I, they are basically useless.

Edited by 1902

4 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

If he isn’t available before then he won’t be the man. Money can make anything happen though and if we want him before I’m sure if we want him now the compensation package would make it happen

Nope. Glimt want sell for les then crazy money.

And Knutsen have told the media and Glimt that he is going nowhere before 2022.

For him its a principle, lojalty is importent for him. He is arguing that he cant expect IT forme his players if he dont lead with an example

(Glimt Will sell afther the gold in the leage is safe, in other words January first)

Edited by Olano

Just now, Olano said:

Nope. Glimt want sell for lesa then crazy money.

And Knutsen have told the media and Glimt that he is going nowhere before 2022.

For him its a principle, lojalty is importent for him. He is arguing that he cant expect IT forme his players if he dont lead with an example

What’s crazy money? We’re talking 2 months here so presumably we’re not talking in the terms of millions. I’d imagine his salary is quite modest compared to that of a Premier League manager. This is all speculation but whoever is coming in to Norwich has already agreed the position. If it is this guy remains to be seen 

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd take Favre every day of the week, but Knutsen's interested me for similar reasons mentioned in the OP. His use of psychology is particularly interesting - didn't he get someone from the Norwegian elite forces in for that purpose? 

What also needs adding is that in Norway there was very much a stereotype that the teams from the north (including Bodo, Tromso, Mjolner, etc) weren't as good as teams from the rest of the country and particularly the Oslo/Trondheim teams (Rosenborg being from Trondheim), and indeed those are the only three teams from the north that have made it to the Norwegian top flight.

Normann could be what's counting him out though.

Yes he brougt in mental a mental Expert from the airforce.

I dont see Knutsen wanting Nordmann at the club. He Will bring Patrick Berg from Glimt. The players that is fighting with Nordmann in the national team for a starting 11. 

Sadley this Will not hapen now😭

(He have around 1 year left on his contract. Think Glimt Will sell for 10 Mill pound noe. And 2 afther January the first. But Knutsen is not in ut for the money, if he where then he would not manage Bodø/Glimt the last 2 years)

Edited by Olano

Is Frank Lampard going to have a similar career to Christopher Trace, who started off in films, then presented "Blue Peter" with Valerie Singleton ( whatever happened to her) and ended up presenting "Look East", before he left that job too.

Will we be a stage in FL's dash to the bottom?

17 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Frank Lampard's Norwich City? Hmmm...

To appoint anyone with no knowledge of the EPL would be a massive risk and we don't have time to take risks.

Can't see it personally but its football and logic doesn't always come in to it.

Don't need Pl experience won't be PL much longer.  Can we afford Kjetl or Frankie, can we afford to sack Daniel and his boys will leave hole in stretched finances.

18 minutes ago, city4eva said:

It is interesting that Lampard opened at 6/1 and dropped to evens within 30 minutes. That suggests a very large bet by someone who knows what is going on. I'd be surprised if it's not him based on that fact alone. 

Perhaps worth noting that the Lampard /Redknapp family reportedly cleaned out the bookies when Harry went to Portsmouth. In fact it was alleged he put off the appointment for a day so he could arrange the family bets