Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

So we can't afford Kings wages...

.....but could afford £25m in transfer fees for bench warmers? 

Even at £50k a week he'd only have cost £10m all in for four seasons service, about what we paid for Rashica in transfer fee alone.

Hat trick away at Goodison Park tonight!

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Exactly! Overhauling the team wasn’t necessary! 3-4 quality EPL proven players in the positions needed and maintaining our football identity would have sufficed! 
however the self funding method means we have to sell our best player to fund purchases, we won’t pay over £10m a player and we definitely won’t pay mid to low EPL wage’s! What an attractive club Norwich must be to potential players! 

53 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hes a number 10 and we don't play them anymore anyways

Well he plays down the middle for Watford as a number 9. 

I guess Emi probably wanted to leave but I wonder how hard we tried to keep him.

If he was on £20K a week in the EFL and doubled it in the EPL then why couldn't we have offered him £80K a week to stay with us?

Now we have a group of players playing bit parts for us presumably all on £40K a week.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I guess Emi probably wanted to leave but I wonder how hard we tried to keep him.

If he was on £20K a week in the EFL and doubled it in the EPL then why couldn't we have offered him £80K a week to stay with us?

Now we have a group of players playing bit parts for us presumably all on £40K a week.

I made the same argument, but it was pointed out that the end result would be a lot of squad embitterment at Emi's huge pay-rise, and they themselves would be asking for rises