Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Watford 5

Where are all those numpty Norwich fans now who were deriding the ownership model at Watford?

Watford have today proven it is a good thing to change the manager because you can then go to Everton and hit 5!!

The contrast between the two promoted clubs couldn't be starker tonight. One makes a managerial change and wins handsomely whereas the other fails to make the ruthless decision required, play like fairies and loseĀ 7-0.

I ever so smugly rest my case.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Any Norwich fan who can be smug at losing 7-0 is a total, grade A, arsehole.Ā 

The smugness relates to the managerial change, not the result.

This is a fair point.

Other teams make big changes when they can see things aren't going well, and yet we just plod along, sleepwalking to relegation and praising the opposition whilst doing so with each passing defeat.

Imagine being able to go somewhere like Goodison as a newly promoted team and scoring 5 goals. And coming back from behind to do so! We haven't come from behind to win a Premier League in years, and the way things are going, I wonder if we will have scored 5 goals in total by Xmas.

It's absolutely woeful. Nobody can defend it.

11 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Where are all those numpty Norwich fans now who were deriding the ownership model at Watford?

Watford have today proven it is a good thing to change the manager because you can then go to Everton and hit 5!!

The contrast between the two promoted clubs couldn't be starker tonight. One makes a managerial change and wins handsomely whereas the other fails to make the ruthless decision required, play like fairies and loseĀ 7-0.

Yeah potentially. Although they lost 5-0 in a very similar performance to ours today vs Liverpool in his first game in charge.

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Any Norwich fan who can be smug at losing 7-0 is a total, grade A, arsehole.Ā 

It's plainly clear they're not a Norwich fan. Most of us know a change is needed, real fans aren't happy about it.Ā 

Just now, hogesar said:

Yeah potentially. Although they lost 5-0 in a very similar performance to ours today vs Liverpool in his first game in charge.

But then showed some fight to win the next game including coming from behind.Ā  The gulf between the leagues isn't that big... we are that bad we make it look like a chasm.

Godfrey getting slaughtered by Everton fans.

Buendia not fairing to much better in the view of Villa fans either.

I don't think a manager change does anything in the long term. This league has gone for clubs like ours.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

To be fair Ranieri probably haf about two traininf sessions before that.Ā 

15 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Bang on time. Notice you didnā€™t post at the end of the game. How was the game against Fleetwood?

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Meanwhile we are currently doing worse than the infamous derby team with the worst ever statsā€¦let that sink in. How is he still in a job?Ā 

A4086B5F-BC94-48BD-831C-77C0A879D461.png

I had a little discussion with PaddyCanaray about this the other day. I said that we may be worse than that Derby team. I said this jokingly but afterwards I compared our stats with j that Derby teams.Ā 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BadDay said:

I don't think a manager change does anything in the long term. This league has gone for clubs like ours.

Hog Groundday. We knew from two years' ago that Godfrey is no good - always lets the player he's supposed to be marking get away from him. Buendia is massively over-rated.Ā Good Championship player, no more than that.

I guess if we take anything from them, they stunk the place out last weekend vs Liverpool and bounced back today... I doubt our bunch are capable of such a turnaround but it can be done.

A lot of teams had a worse start than Derby 07/08 only to survive.

However, are we in the record books for the worse start to any Premier League season after 9 matches?. I know QPR 12/13 come close, as after 9 matches their record was W0 D3 L6 F7 A18 PTS 3.

Edited by KernowCanary

27 minutes ago, BadDay said:

Well the only reason people seem to have to want to keep Farke is the idea he will be best to take us back up next year

If the league has gone for clubs like ours then whatā€™s the point in coming back up anyway? Might as well give it a goĀ 

33 minutes ago, hogesar said:

They tend not to do it most matches though.Ā 

29 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Hog Groundday. We knew from two years' ago that Godfrey is no good - always lets the player he's supposed to be marking get away from him. Buendia is massively over-rated.Ā Good Championship player, no more than that.

ā€˜Weā€™?

7 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Well the only reason people seem to have to want to keep Farke is the idea he will be best to take us back up next year

If the league has gone for clubs like ours then whatā€™s the point in coming back up anyway? Might as well give it a goĀ 

It is precisely this kind of defeatist attitude which unites Canary fans with their owners. That is why the EPL should bar both from this competition in future. Everything about NCFC is incompatible with the EPL. SportTalk can see it and every other national media outlet is quite rightly slating the club. Norwich City should just disappear back into the obscurity it desires. A return to the fare dished up in the 1920s, 30s, 40s (pre-Watling) would suit nicely.

1 minute ago, Big Vince said:

It is precisely this kind of defeatist attitude which unites Canary fans with their owners. That is why the EPL should bar both from this competition in future. Everything about NCFC is incompatible with the EPL. SportTalk can see it and every other national media outlet is quite rightly slating the club. Norwich City should just disappear back into the obscurity it desires. A return to the fare dished up in the 1920s, 30s, 40s (pre-Watling) would suit nicely.

Iā€™m a bit too young to remember the 1920s-1940s but Iā€™ll take your word for it

33 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

A lot of teams had a worse start than Derby 07/08 only to survive.

However, are we in the record books for the worse start to any Premier League season after 9 matches?. I know QPR 12/13 come close, as after 9 matches their record was W0 D3 L6 F7 A18 PTS 3.

We have also not won in our previous 19 games at this level and we have only scored 3 goals and conceded 47.Ā 

Edited by Alex

1 minute ago, Alex said:

We have also not won in our previous 19 games at this level scored only 3 and comceded 47.Ā 

Thatā€™s just pathetic, let alone an embarrassment.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

We have also not won in our previous 19 games at this level scored only 3 and comceded 47.Ā 

That is a truly appalling statistic and should lead to a Public Inquiry, not just the resignation of the entire board, Webber and Farke.

Watford are winning points by outscoring the opposition, a tactic we tried and failed with 2 seasons ago.

So, we've now altered our tactics to just let the opposition score and save ourselves for next season

9 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

That is a truly appalling statistic and should lead to a Public Inquiry, not just the resignation of the entire board, Webber and Farke.

Not a problem for your lot though is it? A win against the mighty Fleetwood today!!