Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Bone - Superstar

Other results

Just to rub salt into the wounds, other results not gone well for us.

Watford thrash Everton away, Newcastle grab a point at Palace, Saints and Burnley a point each and Leeds equalise right at the death.

Roll on next week and let's try to start doing something positive!

If you can only score one in 9 in open play, and don’t bother pressing teams, and have a defence as porous as ours..other results don’t really matter. 

• Like 1

That Man City shirt looks like the Kitman forgot to pack their kits, resulting in having to wear their training tops instead.

As for other results, they won’t matter in the long run as the only way I can see us going is down. Our only chance of surviving is another lockdown and the season being voided, although I won’t take that and rather live stay as near to normal as possible, while we stay up on merit although right now we are simply not good enough.

A Championship team in the Premier League. We are like the Sunderland teams of 2003-2007; too good for the Championship, absolutely dog**** in the Premier League.

• Like 1

Unless we change manager (which we won't) it's over already so there's no point worrying about other teams results. You can however feel jealous that other clubs aren't as incredibly naive as us and understand how you need to play to have a chance at this level. We struggle to compete at this level because of our finances and that we can't really help but we're so utterly woeful and embarrassingly poor because of our own delusional naivety. 

This squad is capable of more than we're seeing right now despite being desperately short of two Tettey/Skipp type players and the reason we look so abject and poor is entirely our own fault

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

There is someone I know who’s a Liverpool fan who’s bet £10 we won’t win a game all season and that was before today so I think he’s in with a shout as things stand 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

That Man City shirt looks like the Kitman forgot to pack their kits, resulting in having to wear their training tops instead.

That's exactly what I just said to my daughter.

At the start of this game I was rooting for a Brighton upset but with them 3 down after half an hour I'm now hoping for an absolute spanking just to make me feel a wee bit better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hurricane said:

That Chelsea team looked absolute units, physical, fit and twice the size of out team. A class apart. 

Joe Cole said it looked like our u18's. V Chelsea.Totally embarrassing if you are an NCFC player.

8 minutes ago, Sparta Plastic said:

That's exactly what I just said to my daughter.

At the start of this game I was rooting for a Brighton upset but with them 3 down after half an hour I'm now hoping for an absolute spanking just to make me feel a wee bit better.

It’s the only hope we have right now, just hope there is someone out there worse than us.

Puma seem to have this training top design to all their change strips. Looks really tacky.

Edited by KernowCanary

I have a feeling that Watford will pull through under the tinkerman. Newcastle are going to be fine now as well.

Even if we did get our **** together, I’m struggling to see three teams we would be able to overtake.

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Other teams results aren't going to matter

Of course they do. I'm using todays results in the Championship to gauge who our competition next year will be.

The trouble is that whichever two teams go down with us, they be better than us next year.

54 minutes ago, hurricane said:

That Chelsea team looked absolute units, physical, fit and twice the size of out team. A class apart. 

That was the difference between us and Watford too. The pattern emerging is so annoying.

16 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

That was the difference between us and Watford too. The pattern emerging is so annoying.

Watford outplayed us aswell to be fair. It isn't just our physicality that is a problem, it is the fact we are inept at Premier League level. 

Edited by Alex

Just now, Alex said:

Watford outplayed us as aell to be fair it isn't justbthe physicality that isnthe problem it is the fact tnat we are inept at Premier League level. 

Physically and fitness wise we are so poor. Imagine seeing Kenny McLean barely moving next to you in midfield. You will have felt like you’d won the lottery

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to know if you’ve got your whole team in the 18 yard box it’s going to be difficult to get any higher up the pitch. There is so much wrong with the tactical side of this formation I don’t even know where to start 

Balance in midfield is totally wrong, but I also find it difficult to believe the club thought they had addressed our lack of physicality and athleticism which was so unbelievably obvious 2 seasons ago.

I'm beginning to feel the recruitment has been even more disastrous too given the money that has been spent this time. Let's be honest, is Lees-Melou offering any more than Vrancic would have done? So confused by the recruitment.

Yes there's time for things to come together but it's difficult to understand how we are so disastrously bad.