Just watched the goals back. There's a good argument he should do better on nearly all of them. Erratic from his line on numerous occasions, and his inability to dive and outstretch and arm makes any shot away from his body goal bound. A text book dive saves Mount's (first) and Chilwells goals, IMO. 

They were all rubbish today, but Tim's shot stopping and decision making is deteriorating. 

Mate, no!

He wasn’t at his best but Krul made a couple of world class saves today - it could have been a lot worse 😳

3 minutes ago, NWC said:

Mate, no!

He wasn’t at his best but Krul made a couple of world class saves today - it could have been a lot worse 😳

Look how he dives. Any shot low and away from his body, he does this kind of awkward fall where his bent arm doesn't extend past his shoulder! Exactly the case for Chilwel and Mounts goals. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

I'd rather have an out-of-form Krul in goal than Gunn any day of the week.

Krul didn't exactly have much going on in front of him today to protect him did he.

11 minutes ago, markdmhoward said:

Strange time to criticise him imo. After that performance, probably one of the least deserving of any flak really 

I understand what your saying, but I feel he has technical flaws that are being badly exposed right now. I'm not trying to single him out for criticism, although by nature of the post I am, but I'm concerned that due to our love for him, we're failing to see the obvious. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

11 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

I'd rather have an out-of-form Krul in goal than Gunn any day of the week.

Krul didn't exactly have much going on in front of him today to protect him did he.

I haven't seen Gunn play for a while, but it's a worry if he's not adequate competition for Krul. Especially since we still paid a chunk for him. 

Arguments for several players to be dropped after that, particularly to bring in some with a bit more confidence, but Krul absolutely no way! Not even close

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I understand what your saying, but I feel he has technical flaws that are being badly exposed right now. I'm not trying to single him out for critics, well ok I am a bit, but I'm concerned that due to our love for him, we're failing to see the obvious. 

i know what you are saying i did think could he have done more on a couple of goals  then put him our Man of the Match for saving a double figure loss 

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Just watched the goals back. There's a good argument he should do better on nearly all of them. Erratic from his line on numerous occasions, and his inability to dive and outstretch and arm makes any shot away from his body goal bound. A text book dive saves Mount's (first) and Chilwells goals, IMO. 

They were all rubbish today, but Tim's shot stopping and decision making is deteriorating. 

Mounts first clipped the inside of the post from the edge of the area, relatively centrally. No goalkeeper is saving that realistically.

People are forgetting also that Tim is a leader and has experience. How many others in the team have both of those things?

I probably am biased, I accept that. But I was at CR when Gunn played against Liverpool and his distribution was not great at all.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

The last time we conceded 7 you wouldn't have praised the keeper, but I wouldn't fault Krul today. Zero protection.

ha  ha you just reminded me i will have to watch that performance on youtube now thats the worst goalkeeping i have ever seen

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

ha  ha you just reminded me i will have to watch that performance on youtube now thats the worst goalkeeping i have ever seen

Yeah and you know what happened the last time we conceded 7 😉

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Yeah and you know what happened the last time we conceded 7 😉

Lets hops so !! Cody Mcdonald showing Sargent how it was done !! 

Most of the goals he should have stopped, especially the first and third and fourth ones (the rest the defence was to blame) and he’s only worth using if he’s on the bench and you need to bring him on when it looks like you are heading towards a penalty shootout. He’s very poor during actual matches and only got going when the score was 5-0 with many good saves, but that was only because the pressure was taken off him by that point.

He was a bench warmer at Brighton for a reason, he’s simply not good enough to be a first choice keeper.

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The last time we conceded 7 you wouldn't have praised the keeper, but I wouldn't fault Krul today. Zero protection.

Oh gosh I had erased the Colchester result from my memory. I was thinking back to Blackburn7 Norwich 1 in about 1992/93 season I think. I seem to remember we actually played ok that day but just that Shearer was on fire. 

2 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Oh gosh I had erased the Colchester result from my memory. I was thinking back to Blackburn7 Norwich 1 in about 1992/93 season I think. I seem to remember we actually played ok that day but just that Shearer was on fire. 

seeing the Ginger Pele Chasing back Funny !!