The Real Buh

First things first - Nobody is going to buy us.

13 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

how would if it worked if it was a approach to ask how much they wanted or interested in selling  ? would that have to be disclosed ?

Informal approaches of the kind you mention do not have to be disclosed. Which is why Cullum's such approach in the winter of 2007-08 was never made public at the time.

I am happy to answer such questions but it all seems a bit besides the point. In all this afternoon's threads and posts calling for  a change of ownership I have not seen one that outlined any kind of plan or campaign to at least help make a change of ownership happen.🤓

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Informal approaches of the kind you mention do not have to be disclosed. Which is why Cullum's such approach in the winter of 2007-08 was never made public at the time.

I am happy to answer such questions but it all seems a bit besides the point. In all this afternoon's threads and posts calling for  a change of ownership I have not seen one that outlined any kind of plan or campaign to at least help make a change of ownership happen.🤓

Is you Mick Dennis?.....Just asking for a friend.....

I simply don’t buy the idea that there wouldn’t be potential buyers out there. If they are desirable or if they would be able to progress us is another  argument but there will be people out there interested 

Edited by Virtual reality

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I'm not sure you'll neccessarily find anyone with either the funds or the ability to facilitate a takeover of a premier league football club to be on these message boards?

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I simply don’t buy the idea that there wouldn’t be potential buyers out there. If they are desirable or if they would be able to progress us is another  argument but there will be people out there interested 

And yet you can’t find any. But they must exist? 

Bigfoot must exist, there’s been accounts of sightings. He just must exist, surely?

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

It would if anyone made a formal offer for S&J's shares. As a matter of company law that would have to be disclosed.

"are you interested in selling your shares" is not a formal offer. Get real

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

And it won’t, football has changed far too much now. Ownership isn’t connected anymore, football is all about how much money can be made, from clubs to players to agents, it’s not a local fans game anymore it’s an entertainment industry for the billions globally!

Edited by Indy

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Bigfoot must exist, there’s been accounts of sightings. He just must exist, surely?

Yeah, but has he got any money?

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I wasn’t aware I’d been entrusted with the position of finding suitable buyers for NCFC? I’m sorry everyone I’ve clearly taken my eye off the ball here and I’ll crack on with this task ASAP….

Billionaires, and the ruthlessness that it took them to get to the point of being a billionaire

cut throat conglomerates

investment sharks

all thwarted, apparently, by a TV cook from the 70’s in buying her football club?

Just think about it…

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It's Josh Sargent who's had a 97% body shave.....

• Haha 1

People saying "well someone bought Ipswich / Barnsley" are actually proving the point they're trying to argue against.

If we were in League One with big debt we would get offers without doubt. The value is low but the potential is for at least a division higher and significantly rising income.

As it is, and some dont like to hear it, to the outside world we are doing about as well as a club our size is expected to. We have no debt to negotiate, we already sell out the ground. The price involved to buy us would be high enough, then the new owners only stand a chance of making money if they somehow manage to regularly keep us in the prem on comparatively low wages, because even the likes of Brighton for their regular seasons at this level aren't making money.

Its for those reasons above there is no logical reason for a 'random' billionaire to buy us. The odds are significantly against them making money and much more on losing a large chunk trying.

Which leaves us with someone who would want to do it for other reasons. Typically its love for the club they support. If there's a Norwich billionaire somewhere we stand half a chance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm not sure you'll neccessarily find anyone with either the funds or the ability to facilitate a takeover of a premier league football club to be on these message boards?

Then what is the point of continually demanding one? How will wanting it change anything??

There are are many people out there with wealth orders of magnitude greater than our owners. If they desired the club they'd have it.

As for Newcastle, what is their average gate? (It's just behind ManC & Liverpool).

How 'big' a club are they considered to be? What is their history compared to NCFC?

How well run have they been as a club? Is there potential?

I think comparing us to Newcastle is a little foolish.

24 minutes ago, komakino said:

Would you agree that the majority shareholders attitude towards 'never selling' the club does distract would be offers? 

I am aware that is not their attitude.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Very very very different situation to us and a far more attractive business deal because of Mike Ashley’s…. Unique…. Ownership over the years.

You know nothing about Mike Ashley’s ownership. And you’ve done no research whatsoever beyond the fantasies you’ve dreamt up in your tiny brain.

If you’d bothered to find out how Mike Ashley had run Newcastle you would see the comparisons to Norwich. Debt free, breaking even and investing profits back into the playing squad. Self funding and living within your means. 

The difference is he’s better at it than Delia

2 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

You know nothing about Mike Ashley’s ownership. And you’ve done no research whatsoever beyond the fantasies you’ve dreamt up in your tiny brain.

If you’d bothered to find out how Mike Ashley had run Newcastle you would see the comparisons to Norwich. Debt free, breaking even and investing profits back into the playing squad. Self funding and living within your means. 

The difference is he’s better at it than Delia

No, he's not better. He's just worth about 2 and a half billion more than Delia. Not really comparable.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If investors can look at Ipswich and somehow see a profit in taking them over then I'm sure there are people willing to buy us

We would cost a lot more though.

Interesting, so if Mike Ashley is worth so much more, run Newcastle better and now looking for a club then would people like to swap current owners for mr Ashley?

7 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Then what is the point of continually demanding one? How will wanting it change anything??

There are are many people out there with wealth orders of magnitude greater than our owners. If they desired the club they'd have it.

As for Newcastle, what is their average gate? (It's just behind ManC & Liverpool).

How 'big' a club are they considered to be? What is their history compared to NCFC?

How well run have they been as a club? Is there potential?

I think comparing us to Newcastle is a little 

If you're suggesting some kind of protest in/around the ground, then yes, I can certainly see that happening if the results continue as they are.

If we carry on toward relegation in anything even approaching the meek way we succumbed after project restart 2 seasons ago , then I can see it.

The club were fortunate then that there were no fans inside stadiums then but not this time

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If you're suggesting some kind of protest in/around the ground, then yes, I can certainly see that happening if the results continue as they are.

If we carry on toward relegation in anything even approaching the meek way we succumbed after project restart 2 seasons ago , then I can see it.

The club were fortunate then that there were no fans inside stadiums then but not this time

That's interesting, & I could see it happening.

Which is further proof to me that nobody's interested. A few agents provocateur in the right place & I'm sure a revolution could easily have been fomented already ...

Edited by ron obvious

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Interesting, so if Mike Ashley is worth so much more, run Newcastle better and now looking for a club then would people like to swap current owners for mr Ashley?

I certainly would. He runs clubs in the same way as Delia. Self funding and break-even etc but has considerably more money and has managed to get his club playing predominantly in the prem as opposed to the champ 

There would obviously be people willing to buy us, the solvency of the club means that the price would be far higher than many other recently sold clubs. People have mentioned Mike Ashley, but he he has a record of buying distressed assets as it is easier to make a profit.

If I were looking to buy a club, I wouldn't be looking at Norwich - Sunderland went for a song last year and will undoubtedly be a better investment if that is what he is after. The potential for profit is far greater. 

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No, he's not better. He's just worth about 2 and a half billion more than Delia. Not really comparable.

Well he is better. They both run their football clubs in the same manner but Mike Ashley’s teams have spent more seasons in the prem than Delia’s. 

I agree that that’s likely down to the his far superior wealth but that’s kinda my point. Surely you can’t disagree Newcastle have been more successful than us, in terms of league position over Ashley’s and Delia’s time as owners?

1 minute ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Well he is better. They both run their football clubs in the same manner but Mike Ashley’s teams have spent more seasons in the prem than Delia’s. 

I agree that that’s likely down to the his far superior wealth but that’s kinda my point. Surely you can’t disagree Newcastle have been more successful than us, in terms of league position over Ashley’s and Delia’s time as owners?

Yes they definitely have been more successful but in context of the size of clubs it becomes less so. Depends on how you compare the size of us vs Newcastle. Rightly or wrongly I see them as a bigger club than us, the next notch up if you like.

The amount of Stockholm syndrome displayed is still scary but at least reducing with every humiliation. People can hide behind the ‘show me a billionaire wanting to buy us’ excuse completely ignoring the massive gap between a very risk adverse cook worth £23m and a sugar daddy billionaire and that even a wealthy millionaire gives the club many more options but once their voices subside and ownership begins to feel uncomfortable we will hopefully see a public admission from our owners that they have taken the club as far as they can and would invite buyers to express interest. Only then will be know what’s out there.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

There would obviously be people willing to buy us, the solvency of the club means that the price would be far higher than many other recently sold clubs. People have mentioned Mike Ashley, but he he has a record of buying distressed assets as it is easier to make a profit.

If I were looking to buy a club, I wouldn't be looking at Norwich - Sunderland went for a song last year and will undoubtedly be a better investment if that is what he is after. The potential for profit is far greater. 

I agree. People are more likely to buy a club when they’re cheap, on their knees and you can only see growth. Including Ashley.

I think people were using Newcastle as an example of a club that was theoretically in a strong position. Particularly financially, and still got bought out

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes they definitely have been more successful but in context of the size of clubs it becomes less so. Depends on how you compare the size of us vs Newcastle. Rightly or wrongly I see them as a bigger club than us, the next notch up if you like.

Yea I see what you’re saying and I agree. Newcastle are a bigger club than Norwich on a few levels. I think my point was lots of people assume Ashley was a terrible owner and run the club into the ground when in reality he was a very sensible owner (although a nasty man) and Newcastle are in a strong financial position. But yeah although I like Delia more as a person I do think Ashley would be a better owner 

2 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Yea I see what you’re saying and I agree. Newcastle are a bigger club than Norwich on a few levels. I think my point was lots of people assume Ashley was a terrible owner and run the club into the ground when in reality he was a very sensible owner (although a nasty man) and Newcastle are in a strong financial position. But yeah although I like Delia more as a person I do think Ashley would be a better owner 

I agree, Ashley is no where near as bad an owner as is made out by Newcastle fans and therefore the media. And if you look at transfer spend over the past few years they've spent circa £170m and only sold £40m so its not like hasn't spent money either.