Sign in to follow this  
Indy

It’s not the manager.

5 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Wow. Now you’re trying to act like you’re a hard man on an internet football forum. The insecurities really do come out after a loss

Apologies for calling you a moron, it was low and uncalled for. 

57 minutes ago, Indy said:

Unfortunately football has not just moved on it’s accelerated away from our owners. Self funding is of course a great concept and can be managed at championship level, even then we still need to develop to sell players…..to actually move forward we need a change, if not top 26 is all we’ll ever be.

Too many variables at this club, aging owners who won’t put any money into their club, won’t accept investment by purchase as they’ll lose their control of the club.

Webber who’s coming to an end of his 5 years with no commitment to if he’s staying or going! 

Payers who are obviously not totally sold on our current club as the performance & effort  just isn’t there!

Time for a big change? I’d love to see new owners with a change of energy, this club is as stale as the two ageing owners! We’re living in 1996!

Sorry Indy I’ve said it elsewhere but look at Brentford this season, Sheffield Utd the last season we were promoted. It is not impossible to be competitive without huge cash injections into the squad and it’s certainly possible to not be utterly abject, passionless and devoid of leadership and ideas.

9 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Sorry Indy I’ve said it elsewhere but look at Brentford this season, Sheffield Utd the last season we were promoted. It is not impossible to be competitive without huge cash injections into the squad and it’s certainly possible to not be utterly abject, passionless and devoid of leadership and ideas.

Sorry bud, look at Sheffield United this season... A slight hole in the argument. Unless you are looking for instant noodles like many are 👍

35 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

That’s my point, Brentford didn’t sell there best player to fund two 10 million pound players to sit on the bench! Nor change their playing style, So did Farke buy Tzolis & Rashica or did Webber and his scouts identify and buy them? I don’t know.

My point is we’ve been here along with WBA & Fulham a number of times, so would it not be better for a change now after so long and take a risk on new owners or just happy to Bob along where we are, possibly dropping that bit behind other teams as they gain and grow like Bournemouth, Brentford, Watford, Palace, Fulham……. Just asking to see if we’re still content to be a self funded club in the championship for the future?

Edited by Indy

Watford now winning at Everton 3:2.  Even if they don’t end up winning, at least they can score and by the sound of it they’re all over Everton.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Watford now winning at Everton 3:2.  Even if they don’t end up winning, at least they can score and by the sound of it they’re all over Everton.

I bet they don’t play 5-3-2, 8 defenders and tonk it long to two isolated strikers!

1 hour ago, timeout said:

Well Said  We need an aggressive campaign to force them to sell ! 

Is there a buyer

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

Is there a buyer

I don’t know, but when I sold my house, no one knocked on my door until I made it clear it was up for sale! Funny enough it sold pretty quick, there’s a demand for houses and looking at the premiership there’s no shortage of buyers out there…..just depends on the criteria required. For me I really don’t give a hoot who the owners are! The clubs a community and will remain so.

The question is are we happy as fans to go with the status quo or ask the question to the owners? If we’re content then Farke’s deserves to stay in his job as his goal was to get us promoted and take the money to pay debts and build the finances for future security by developing youth.

1 hour ago, Overrated, over paid said:

Sorry bud, look at Sheffield United this season... A slight hole in the argument. Unless you are looking for instant noodles like many are 👍

Doesn’t take away from what they achieved the season we both went up. It’s not impossible to be competitive at this level without huge injections of cash, but football is one season at a time. Long term maybe it is, because every season has the potential to be your last for a while at this level, but not in the context of a season.

Edited by Monty13

28 minutes ago, Indy said:

That’s my point, Brentford didn’t sell there best player to fund two 10 million pound players to sit on the bench! Nor change their playing style, So did Farke buy Tzolis & Rashica or did Webber and his scouts identify and buy them? I don’t know.

My point is we’ve been here along with WBA & Fulham a number of times, so would it not be better for a change now after so long and take a risk on new owners or just happy to Bob along where we are, possibly dropping that bit behind other teams as they gain and grow like Bournemouth, Brentford, Watford, Palace, Fulham……. Just asking to see if we’re still content to be a self funded club in the championship for the future?

That was a choice. Assuming we could have kept Buendia (ignore the arguments aground that and assume we could) we presumably wouldn’t have been able to afford all the signings we made, but did we need them all in that scenario?

While I think Rich owners would make the job easier, let’s not pretend choices weren’t made about how we approached this season that in hindsight maybe weren’t the best use of our agreed limited resources.

• Like 1

I think it is a managerial problem. I genuinely believe there is a quality squad there but Farke cannot get a tune out of them setting up how he has. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but the Dream’s over now. His legacy which has pushed the club onto a new era is at risk of getting tarnished the longer he stays. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I think it is a managerial problem. I genuinely believe there is a quality squad there but Farke cannot get a tune out of them setting up how he has. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but the Dream’s over now. His legacy which has pushed the club onto a new era is at risk of getting tarnished the longer he stays. 

I agree with this totally.  Sorry Indy but its completely a managerial problem...his system or style of play in this top tier..its a system that works great in the Champs but is totally inept in the Prem..its a brutal enough  place even for teams that even play the English way, but look at Watford...they can get a  beating one week but still get points and good results and score goals..3 goals in 19 Prem games and  not a win in sight..i include the final 10 games from 2 seasons ago as its the same manager and same  inept style of zonal and plod football.

I dont want the clubs general revival  in the last 3 or 4 years under Webber to change..its on the pitch where the issue is..and i firmly believe this squad of players can do better...much better..with a style more akin to the English type of play.

The Prem is brutal...and for Delia and Michael sacking DF will be a brutal  thing...both finacially and in respect of a guy thats given the club two Championship titles in 3 seasons..but its clear that DF will not change his philosophy and will stick to his way of how 11  players should play each match day in the Prem. DF  may think he has to much respect from City fans and that those fans will stay with him..but times up...the fans can see clear as crystal whats happening...even the players seem to know the system does not and can not work. I dont mind relegation...heck as a City fan its  hardly unusual..but to go down not fighting...thats unacceptable.

Change needed in the manager / head coach position and soon...and this coming from me who has backed DF all the way.

Whilst I like to think of myself as a positive fan at this point I feel kind of torn - I think it’s got to the stage where a change of manager is clearly needed however, I don’t honestly think Farke is the problem, the club needs a change from top to bottom. 

As history shows this is not going to happen even if Farke is sacked I suspect whoever comes in will find themselves in a similar, unenviable position sooner or later.