Sign in to follow this  
Indy

It’s not the manager.

Unfortunately football has not just moved on it’s accelerated away from our owners. Self funding is of course a great concept and can be managed at championship level, even then we still need to develop to sell players…..to actually move forward we need a change, if not top 26 is all we’ll ever be.

Too many variables at this club, aging owners who won’t put any money into their club, won’t accept investment by purchase as they’ll lose their control of the club.

Webber who’s coming to an end of his 5 years with no commitment to if he’s staying or going! 

Payers who are obviously not totally sold on our current club as the performance & effort  just isn’t there!

Time for a big change? I’d love to see new owners with a change of energy, this club is as stale as the two ageing owners! We’re living in 1996!

Just now, Indy said:

Unfortunately football has not just moved on it’s accelerated away from our owners. Self funding is of course a great concept and can be managed at championship level, even then we still need to develop to sell players…..to actually move forward we need a change, if not top 26 is all we’ll ever be.

Too many variables at this club, aging owners who won’t put any money into their club, won’t accept investment by purchase as they’ll lose their control of the club.

Webber who’s coming to an end of his 5 years with no commitment to if he’s staying or going! 

Payers who are obviously not totally sold on our current club as the performance & effort  just isn’t there!

Time for a big change? I’d love to see new owners with a change of energy, this club is as stale as the two ageing owners! We’re living in 1996!

I take onboard what you say about the club as a whole, but I still think Farke should be getting more out of this bunch.

I think another manager could get more...as much as I hate to say that.

OTBC

Yes, it IS the manger. Somebody has to accept responsibility for that embarrassing, pathetic display.

Farke cannot prepare and set up a team to play at this level.   7 -0!!!!!!! 

We are a standing joke. 

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

i would love new owners so we can compete on that side of things 

But lambert did it on a shoestring and Farke has spent far more money that any other manager has so i would say blame is in his corner 

• Like 1

Just now, timeout said:

Well Said  We need an aggressive campaign to force them to sell ! 

I agree that a change of ownership is the only way this club can move forward, but that does of course require a buyer.  Whether or not there are any interested parties, who knows, but we’d hardly expect any potential interest to be publicised.

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

But lambert did it on a shoestring and Farke has spent far more money that any other manager has so i would say blame is in his corner 

Just as you cannot compare Chase with S&J, because they operated in very different eras, you cannot now even compare Lambert with Farke, because of how much the Premier League has changed in the last few years.

Just to be clear! I’m saying to move on from where we are we need a change, to compete at this level there has to be added money, probably by selling shares in the club, no one is going to invest without any return in shares!

Or we accept our club as it is and a championship club with the chance of promotion and a season at top level.

I think we all sadly agree on the state of modern football and lack of competition.  However, it's not entirely down to lack of funds. A "team" of limited ability can often out do a collection of better individuals - Brentford being a good case currently. Long term sure it doesn't last just as with Lambert's side but we cannot say it's entirely the board/lack of $ 

Having said that, I think we have massively underestimated quite how much Emi brought to us. 

Edited by Canario

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Tbf 1996 was brilliant. I started to collect Warhammer and didn’t look back until I realised Citadel miniatures do not get you action. 

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Just as you cannot compare Chase with S&J, because they operated in very different eras, you cannot now even compare Lambert with Farke, because of how much the Premier League has changed in the last few years.

Honesty Purple ?   lambert was up against rich strong clubs with great players but he built a team to compete against them on far less than many clubs spent maybe different eras but we were the poorest in the PL even  then 

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Just to be clear! I’m saying to move on from where we are we need a change, to compete at this level there has to be added money, probably by selling shares in the club, no one is going to invest without any return in shares!

Or we accept our club as it is and a championship club with the chance of promotion and a season at top level.

Dont worry nephew Tom has saved up £131.53 we can look forward to 

The stale air in our boardroom can be smelled from miles away. The Board have taken us as far as they can and are out of ideas as to how we progress - therefore they are happy to take the money and go down, rinse and repeat. 

Farke is not simply out of his depth he is, again, being sent into a battle without a gun. We are so short of required muscle and talent it’s embarrassing- even worse than last time round. 

Webber would have gone but for Covid. He will only hang about if he can’t get another gig. It’s all very depressing but nowhere at the top do we see hunger or vision. We are a 90s boardroom trying to keep heads above water and the cracks are starting to show. 

Finances, finances, finances. Football at this level is all about money. Forget local community, forget roots, forget everything you once cherished, sell the club to the Bin Laden family for £2Billion and most idiots would be delighted. There is no reasoned debate to be had on this subject with the average football fan. 

Do you not agree that 90% of the football clubs in the Country are actually envious of Norwich City? 

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes please to all that. 

It’s not just the manager. The owners hold us back and Webber has failed again dismally in terms of recruitment in the key defensive areas.

However, what we are seeing out there on the pitch in no way resembles a well coached, well drilled, well motivated unit. It’s a shambles and some of it is pretty basic stuff. Farke cannot coach a defensively sound team at this level and has  now sacrificed all that was good in our game because of it and still not sorted it. I really feel we need to roll the dice because we are only going down under him whereas there is a chance another coach can get more out of this set of players. 

6 minutes ago, Overrated, over paid said:

Finances, finances, finances. Football at this level is all about money. Forget local community, forget roots, forget everything you once cherished, sell the club to the Bin Laden family for £2Billion and most idiots would be delighted. There is no reasoned debate to be had on this subject with the average football fan. 

Do you not agree that 90% of the football clubs in the Country are actually envious of Norwich City? 

Name one Premier League club that’s envious of Norwich City.

10 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Honesty Purple ?   lambert was up against rich strong clubs with great players but he built a team to compete against them on far less than many clubs spent maybe different eras but we were the poorest in the PL even  then 

Yes, honestly. The financial picture has shifted against that kind of achievement even just over the last eight or nine years.

22 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

10 Years ago. The gulf in quality between the prem and championship is far bigger now and the owners are just not up to this level. But they are “family”

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Name one Premier League club that’s envious of Norwich City.

Newcastle they would prefer Saint Delia over that Dirty Saudi money !! ha ha 

It’s not NOT the manager but it’s part of the tie-dye T-shirt of combinational messes that’s going on right now  

10 minutes ago, Overrated, over paid said:

Cringe.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes, honestly. The financial picture has shifted against that kind of achievement even just over the last eight or nine years.

yes far more richer clubs but you can not take away lambert had no money and kept us up so well compared to what farke has done 

That was definitely down to the manager.

Never seen a team so unwilling to play for a Manager as that.

Maybe the Cantwell saga has something to do with it & the players are sticking together.

You can't tell me that we went out there today with a plan that all the players bought into.

They looked like they couldn't care less.

Farke has had it for me. I will never forgive him for turning out a squad that poorly prepared for a football match at ANY level. I will never forgive him for making me feel so embarrassed to support NCFC. He HAS to go. It is obvious the squad will not play for him, they cannot even play for their own professional pride, THATs how bad it has been allowed to get at NCFC.

Just now, Overrated, over paid said:

Prove my point perfectly you knuckle dragging Moron 👍

Wow. Now you’re trying to act like you’re a hard man on an internet football forum. The insecurities really do come out after a loss

• Thanks 1