Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

Try and defend that shower of sh1t tonight!

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Is it?

Maybe it isn't the right day for my sarcasm. 😉

• Haha 1

The performance out there today was shambolic and embarrassing. Dean Ashton said it was the worst Norwich display he's ever seen. 

Chelsea were put on the rack by Brentford last week, compare than to our attempt. 

Webber flaunts about taking all the plaudits, just listen to him in the High Performance Podcast with Jake Humphreys. Claiming everyone at the club from cleaner to director has the same drive and ambition for success... And he won't accept anything less from any employee. Well tonight, from the top to the bottom, the whole club is a national laughing stock. 

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

The success of the last 15/20 years has blinded a lot of peolpe to the reality of our position in the overall picture. When we revert to the mean there will be a lot of empty seats. You cannot outperform forever, the future will be much like the past in that respect.

Not for me Ricardo. I know where our place is in the overall picture - but that doesn't mean we should accept completely inept displays shown today. And regardless of division, if a Norwich team shows fight and character and has a go, there won't be that many empty seats at all. 

And anyway, 15/20 years is a long time. Perhaps we've proved our mean should be around this level? The problem is, as we all know, we can't cement that leap without new ownership. 

@OP I'm not defending anything, per say. However I will try to view things from the wider perspective. Let's take it from the end of last season.

- Promotion. Confidence is high and we hope to carry this momentum into the PL season.

- Buendia leaves. This wasn't a surprise to the club and it provided the opportunity to build a new system.

- Eleven new players sign. This is great but they need to adapt / settle.

- COVID outbreak disrupts preseason. This is quite important, in context. We're changing the system. Half of the squad is new. Farke needs to get his ideas across but can't because most of them have to isolate for 2 weeks. 

- Liverpool and Man city - all confidence from last season has gone.

- Watford - worst possible result, which caused DF to abandon plan A and go defensive. This was understandable because we needed to stop conceding and get some kind of a result. 

- Burnley and Brighton were positive because we showed some fight against some (literally) tough teams. 

- Chelsea. We can shout about money but the real issue is we lacked:

1) Any aspect of Farkeball that we know and love.

2) Any fight. 

Both of the above have been eroded over time, due to a mixture of reasons. He has a woeful record in the PL but he's not solely to blame.

I do have sympathy for Farke but I do feel like he is in an incredibly hard situation to get out of. He has some huge fixtures coming up and, for me, he can fight it out with an uninspiring, defensive 5-3-2, or revert back to the 'naive' 4-2-3-1 Farkeball system of old. 

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

Maybe it isn't the right day for my sarcasm. 😉

Never went away tbh, just stopped posting, too many people being nasty to others on here, which in all honesty hasn’t changed has it, as the quote suggests. Also got fed up with some of the abuse I took before, and it seems that hasn’t changed either sadly.

You could see they had been told to press from kickoff and keep it tight, hit them on the break. Goal goes in after 7 mins and the lack of leadership on the pitch really showed. They all panicked. Game plan was out of the window. Then the second went in, they skidded their underwear and gave up to allow the 3rd. Anything after the 3rd was basically irrelevant. Heads gone. 

Gutless and rudderless performance. Players to blame I'm afraid. You can't offer that pathetic level of work rate and blame the manager.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You tell em Hoggy. We’ve had such a hard start with the fixtures given. It’s just not fair and no ones fault at the club. 

It’s ok to lose 2-0 to Chelsea, but 7-0 is surely unacceptable, unfair?

Judging by the amount of new threads started by low post count newbies, I smell the stench of bin today.

Rightly so, if the tables were turned I’d do the same…..

Farke out - Mick McCarthy looks like he needs a job 😜 he’d only lost 6 in a row 😂

28 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Judging by the amount of new threads started by low post count newbies, I smell the stench of bin today.

Rightly so, if the tables were turned I’d do the same…..

Farke out - Mick McCarthy looks like he needs a job 😜 he’d only lost 6 in a row 😂

And you only have 819 posts to your name.  Moe than me, admittedly, but not exactly prolific.

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Why do we perform so well in the Championship but then perform like an over 60s pub team in the PL?

Because our first team is significantly weaker than last season. The club undervalued our best asset, sold him on the cheap, and then pissed the proceeds up the wall. Last time we were in the premier league, Webber “sent us into battle without a gun”. This time he actively made us worse. 

Edited by The Bunny

Just now, The Bunny said:

Because our first team is significantly weaker than last season. The club undervalued our best asset, sold him on the cheap, and then pissed the proceeds up the wall. Last time Webber “sent us into battle without a gun”. This time he actively made us worse. 

Try telling that to Villa fans.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Maybe that only highlights the point. Our best player- who was head and shoulders above all others here- is struggling in a low premiership team and looks ordinary. We aren’t even at the races in this division- cannon fodder 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Maybe that only highlights the point. Our best player- who was head and shoulders above all others here- is struggling in a low premiership team and looks ordinary. We aren’t even at the races in this division- cannon fodder 

Potentially true.

7 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

Because our first team is significantly weaker than last season. The club undervalued our best asset, sold him on the cheap, and then pissed the proceeds up the wall. Last time we were in the premier league, Webber “sent us into battle without a gun”. This time he actively made us worse. 

Of course Emi was great for us and one of ours to sell on. But I think Skipp's absence has hurt us more. We  tend to forget that apart from an odd game, Emi looked quite ordinary with us in the Prem.

Ollie's positional sense made it possible for players like Emi to take risks and showboat.

We just do not have anyone like him in our squad.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I honestly hope he bombs at villa. The mercenary **** doesn’t deserve any better. Maybe he doesn’t fit their system. Who knows. 

Doesn’t change the fact that he was our the best player, and made the whole team tick when he played for us.

Agreed Keelansgrandad Skipp's been a big miss. Essentially we have lost Skipp, Emi and Cantwell for different reasons this season. Our entire midfield has changed and we are worse off for it. 

Our buy cheap sell high model has its moments (like the money for Emi, Madison etc.) But it needs to be invested wisely. For every Emi we get we get an RvW, or Lees-Melou. Eventually you just get duds and the club suffers for it.

Ironically this is the fate that occured to Werder Bremen who were relegated with a similar model, where we picked up Sargent and Rashica from.

22 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Watford and Brentford are winning and competing and we comfortably beat both to the Championship title. It’s not as simple as our players aren’t good enough.

I am shocked that you are so easy to beat. I watched your games against watford and today at Chelsea. Never gonna get a result there but where was the fire. You need some aggression in your team, seems lkke you have accepted relegation already. Last season i honestly thought you would be fine this year. Selling Bundeia was lunacy.

Edited by Moosebadge