Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

Try and defend that shower of sh1t tonight!

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Why does anyone need to defend anything. We got stuffed by a top quality side, and that’s it.

Don't spoil a good argument with ugly facts.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Canario said:

It's a strange one really. Chelsea playing as they did today would stick 3/4 past any side in the league bar possibly the top 4. However we let them play, had no fight, no threat.  

Losing by seven is never nice but we even lost by seven when finishing third in the league. So on the face of it, taking the game in isolation it's just a bad day at the office against an incredibly well oiled machine in Chelsea. 

Really the worry should have been after Burnley and Brighton. The epitomy of lower mid table sides that we need to be winning against to stay up. Both were there for the taking to be honest and whilst we did keep clean sheets the games were talked up only because everything before then had been so poor. I'd be very surprised if Watford or Brentford don't get at least three points against those two opponents. 

There are no positives from today but no manager will get sacked for losing by seven to Chelsea. Failing to turn up against the average sides of the division repeatedly however may we'll be a reason to.

On your first point I would argue that we allowed them to be at their best because we offered so little off the ball that they quickly realized that it would be an easy game and it put their team in the mood to break some scoring droughts, win some bonuses and get some good camera time. Teams quite often seem to be in good form when they play against us and it's no co-incidence. It's because our off the ball work under this coach is absolutely dreadful and it's why we often appear so easy to play against, we just let them come at us and it puts them in the mood. So yes they're a good side, but we made a rod for our own back again by thinking we don't need to work and counter the opposition. 

Personally I worry about the comments regarding the recently transferred in players needing more time to settle in - if they need time to settle in to that type performance don't bother waiting. 

Something has to change to restore some pride

The success of the last 15/20 years has blinded a lot of peolpe to the reality of our position in the overall picture. When we revert to the mean there will be a lot of empty seats. You cannot outperform forever, the future will be much like the past in that respect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

Why do we perform so well in the Championship but then perform like an over 60s pub team in the PL?

Because the opposition is ****. Hardly a team laid a glove on us last season and even then when we played a top 6 team we looked iffy. 

50 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

They are number 1 - we don’t expect to win these yada, yada…

Chelsea may have looked Champions League winners but let's be honest, we looked like some of the lesser teams in League 2

5 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

On your first point I would argue that we allowed them to be at their best because we offered so little off the ball that they quickly realized that it would be an easy game and it put their team in the mood to break some scoring droughts, win some bonuses and get some good camera time. Teams quite often seem to be in good form when they play against us and it's no co-incidence. It's because our off the ball work under this coach is absolutely dreadful and it's why we often appear so easy to play against, we just let them come at us and it puts them in the mood. So yes they're a good side, but we made a rod for our own back again by thinking we don't need to work and counter the opposition. 

Spot on. Hence why most sides would ship 3/4. We of course shipped seven due to the exact point you make. 

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The success of the last 15/20 years has blinded a lot of peolpe to the reality of our position in the overall picture. When we revert to the mean there will be a lot of empty seats. You cannot outperform forever, the future will be much like the past in that respect.

Or perhaps the lack of success in the last 15/20 years has blinded a lot of people to the reality that in the 80s/90s we finished 5th, 4th and 3rd, reached 2 FA Cup semi-finals, won the League Cup and played in Europe.  With the current ownership we will never ever reach those heights again and mediocrity is the best we can hope for.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Why does anyone need to defend anything. We got stuffed by a top quality side, and that’s it.

I think people are looking at the performance as part of the season as a whole and that the fact we played with such little heart and desire. There’s trying your best but losing because the opposition is better than you then there’s giving up before you’ve stepped on the pitch.

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

Or perhaps the lack of success in the last 15/20 years has blinded a lot of people to the reality that in the 80s/90s we finished 5th, 4th and 3rd, reached 2 FA Cup semi-finals, won the League Cup and played in Europe.  With the current ownership we will never ever reach those heights again and mediocrity is the best we can hope for.

👏👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

In the 80's and 90's the gap was much smaller, now its beyond our reach. Money has done that unfortunately and we don't have any compared with the rest of the League.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is impossible to defend that result and that performance. Just an embarrassment to everyone connected to the Club. I remember the time when highly paid professional players at least had some pride if not for the team ,then at least for their own performance.

Just now, ricardo said:

In the 80's and 90's the gap was much smaller, now its beyond our reach. Money has done that unfortunately and we don't have any compared with the rest of the League.

Which is precisely why the current model is unsustainable if we are to maintain any shred of ambition.  Sadly the current owners are completely unable to take the club forward, and arguably now are holding it back.

We’re even worse at defending than that actress is at acting in Emmerdale! (the one who plays Meena the murderer). That kind of describes our defending or lack of it to a tee, or failing that, our defending is the worse I’ve seen in my lifetime of any top tier football club. Just total embarrassment, Premier League we’re having a laugh?, no…. it’s not even funny any more, no gallows humour will make this any better.

Our attacking is also just as non existent as the defending. In the Championship we always win it by a landslide, but in this league we just don’t seem to be interested.

I want results at this club, not a happy clappers day out of “When Man United come to town”, followed by idiots treating it like an FA Cup third round tie by taking photos of the fixtures board and using them as desktop wallpaper or iPhone lock screens.

We are in the big time now and need to desperately improve. It is not a definite that if we go down this season we will be back the next, this isn’t progress.

Edited by KernowCanary

50 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Weird, i've criticised every poor performance we've had this season, of which there's been enough.

I didn't expect to beat Chelsea but expected a lot better than we saw.

The main difference between me and you is I can be critical but not come across like a 4 year old girl who's just sh*t their nappy.

I know you’ve got me ignored, but you have certainly had your moments on this forum

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

If anyone does try to defend it you will get the whole well we lost 6-0 to top of the league what did you expect stance.

I personally try to analyze a game by performance over results as a way to measure where we're at and on what course we're heading on and how it might give an indication towards future results, so I always find that stance incredibly irritating. But you will get some of those tonight, probably by people who didn't watch the game or by those who don't understand football or ever watch any other teams. 

Edit: 7-0 

Or did watch the game but didn’t know the score!!

16 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I know you’ve got me ignored, but you have certainly had your moments on this forum

I've never had you on ignore.

Equally, i've never posted in the same style as Uncle Fred, DCB or any of the others that bemoan each and every aspect about the club online but do nothing about it.

Sure, if you take the game in isolation you could put it down to top quality opposition and a bad day at the office, but take it as part of the trend of the season and we can't seem to prevent teams scoring even though we offer absolutely zero going forward.

Chelsea worked very hard today, but it's clear that they realised we were so unlikely to generate a meaningful attack they could press high up the pitch without fear of repercussions.

We are so low on confidence now I have little idea how Farke can turn this around and at least get us to a level where we are competing with other teams in the division. Perhaps wholesale changes might help reset, but given what we've seen so far this season I don't know if any of our much-hyped recruitment has really improved the squad at all

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Weird, i've criticised every poor performance we've had this season, of which there's been enough.

I didn't expect to beat Chelsea but expected a lot better than we saw.

The main difference between me and you is I can be critical but not come across like a 4 year old girl who's just sh*t their nappy.

Unlike you I was at the game today and have a right of an opinion you don’t 

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

Unlike you I was at the game today and have a right of an opinion you don’t 

You attending games and saying that gives you some automatic right is like saying because you eat lots of cake you have a right to be fat...oh, actually thats pretty relevant too.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

You attending games and saying that gives you some automatic right is like saying because you eat lots of cake you have a right to be fat...oh, actually thats pretty relevant too.

Indeed but you have an uninformed opinion which bears no relevance to what actually is going on with the club 

it’s just stupid happy clappy just to irritate 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Indeed but you have an uninformed opinion which bears no relevance to what actually is going on with the club 

it’s just stupid happy clappy just to irritate 

I've not given my opinion. Well, I have on another thread but you seem to be assuming something else. And you've certainly not shown the intellectual capability of working it out for yourself.

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

Well, it's great to see Baldyboy back if nothing else.😀

Is it?

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You tell em Hoggy. We’ve had such a hard start with the fixtures given. It’s just not fair and no ones fault at the club. 

Its because we aren't getting behind them on here. Positivity on here will make a world of difference to our inept tactics, players out of their depths and talent left on the bench or U23s.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Its because we aren't getting behind them on here. Positivity on here will make a world of difference to our inept tactics, players out of their depths and talent left on the bench or U23s.

Sell outs at home most weeks and great away followings ( until this season) speaks for itself on the positivity stakes. I’m only a casual supporter but it must be soul destroying following this club home and away in this league. We are an absolute laughing stock by fans of other clubs and the embarrassment is tangible now on this message board. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You tell em Hoggy. We’ve had such a hard start with the fixtures given. It’s just not fair and no ones fault at the club. 

Somes him up nicely 😂😂