Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

Try and defend that shower of sh1t tonight!

Can’t wait to hear the apologists/happy clappers defend that shower of sh1t tonite!

Most embarrassing team ever in the Premier League, and yet people whined like hell when they pundits bashed us earlier in the season!

Still think the pundits don’t know what they are talking about? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone does try to defend it you will get the whole well we lost 6-0 to top of the league what did you expect stance.

I personally try to analyze a game by performance over results as a way to measure where we're at and on what course we're heading on and how it might give an indication towards future results, so I always find that stance incredibly irritating. But you will get some of those tonight, probably by people who didn't watch the game or by those who don't understand football or ever watch any other teams. 

Edit: 7-0 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

13 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

It will be look who we played etc.

Brighton, Watford and Burnley are where we pick up wins etc..

Was only 7-0  Chelsea are European Champions 😀

Edited by Alex

24 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Can’t wait to hear the apologists/happy clappers defend that shower of sh1t tonite!

Most embarrassing team ever in the Premier League, and yet people whined like hell when they pundits bashed us earlier in the season!

Still think the pundits don’t know what they are talking about? 

At least we kept it under 10? 🤣

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Don't watch or support them then, it's simple...

Strange statement to make. 

You can’t. There wasn’t a single positive from today. Anyone that can’t admit that needs to take a look at themselves.

25 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Hoggy and ldc will

Weird, i've criticised every poor performance we've had this season, of which there's been enough.

I didn't expect to beat Chelsea but expected a lot better than we saw.

The main difference between me and you is I can be critical but not come across like a 4 year old girl who's just sh*t their nappy.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Really? So even though it was embarrassing we aren’t allowed to have an opinion? You sum up all that is wrong with this football club! Just keep clapping 👏👏👏

Edited by TheBaldOne66
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

I don’t think football support/fandom is something most people can just switch off like a lamp. Particularly with a club like Norwich where it’s support base is almost exclusively tied to the area

6 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Really? So even though it was embarrassing we aren’t allowed to have an opinion? You sum up all that is wrong with this football club! Just keep clapping 👏🤔🤔

You honestly think I was clapping that?

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Weird, i've criticised every poor performance we've had this season, of which there's been enough.

The main difference between me and you is I can be critical but not come across like a 4 year old girl who's just sh*t their nappy.

If any of my kids were wearing nappies at 4 years old I'd question my parenting skills.....unless there were medical reasons....

6 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Not at all.

If you don't like it, you have a choice...

Do we just clap along and smile vigorously when we are getting hammered then? 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You tell em Hoggy. We’ve had such a hard start with the fixtures given. It’s just not fair and no ones fault at the club. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

You honestly think I was clapping that?

You seem to think people can just switch off? You don’t change teams but people have every right to be annoyed at what’s on show currently. If you don’t like their opinion, that’s fine, but to say don’t support them is truly bizarre ffs.

• Like 1

The problem is that far too many people resort to idiotic crap when things aren’t going well, the sort of thing you ought to be embarrassed to read back.

Today was never likely to result in a positive result, we were against the best side in Europe, but we were dire and it couldn’t have gone a lot worse…we needed to be at 100% and fully on our game and would still probably been beaten, but we were really pretty awful.

It simply wasn’t good enough.  We seem to have regressed rather than progressed this season.  Two years ago we were lauded for being possibly the best side to finish bottom, but this year we seem to have been well below par far too often.  Something needs to change, and fast.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

There is no defence for a performance like that. None. It was dire. It was pathetic and embarrassing.

Yet, it is not really constructive either to select posters to batter.

Just because they are positive and want to see the positives. Some on this board are always negative.

But everyone is a fan.

Think our focus should be on the coaching, the players, the ownership etc etc etc but not on fellow fans. 

• Like 2

I don't see why you all get so fired up about LDC. He's not harming anyone with his positive ways. 

I wish our players got as fired up as you 🤣

5 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

I don’t think football support/fandom is something most people can just switch off like a lamp. Particularly with a club like Norwich where it’s support base is almost exclusively tied to the area

I think this is part of the problem…we’re a far bigger club in terms of support than simply having a fan-base that’s within an hour of the ground and not believing we’re actually a decent size is another thing that’s holding us back.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The problem is that far too many people resort to idiotic crap when things aren’t going well, the sort of thing you ought to be embarrassed to read back.

Today was never likely to result in a positive result, we were against the best side in Europe, but we were dire and it couldn’t have gone a lot worse…we needed to be at 100% and fully on our game and would still probably been beaten, but we were really pretty awful.

It simply wasn’t good enough.  We seem to have regressed rather than progressed this season.  Two years ago we were lauded for being possibly the best side to finish bottom, but this year we seem to have been bog-average and poor far too often.  Something needs to change, and fast.

After a performance like that the criticism has been very fair and balanced so far. 

Why does anyone need to defend anything. We got stuffed by a top quality side, and that’s it.

• Like 2

It's a strange one really. Chelsea playing as they did today would stick 3/4 past any side in the league bar possibly the top 4. However we let them play, had no fight, no threat.  

Losing by seven is never nice but we even lost by seven when finishing third in the league. So on the face of it, taking the game in isolation it's just a bad day at the office against an incredibly well oiled machine in Chelsea. 

Really the worry should have been after Burnley and Brighton. The epitomy of lower mid table sides that we need to be winning against to stay up. Both were there for the taking to be honest and whilst we did keep clean sheets the games were talked up only because everything before then had been so poor. I'd be very surprised if Watford or Brentford don't get at least three points against those two opponents. 

There are no positives from today but no manager will get sacked for losing by seven to Chelsea. Failing to turn up against the average sides of the division repeatedly however may we'll be a reason to.

11 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

You seem to think people can just switch off? You don’t change teams but people have every right to be annoyed at what’s on show currently. If you don’t like their opinion, that’s fine, but to say don’t support them is truly bizarre ffs.

There is so much going on in life, I'm not going to give myself a heart attack over the result of a game of football. It really is that easy, unless of course you want to wind everyone up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1