In or out?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should farke stay or go?

• Farke in
    • Farke out
    • Farke shake it all about

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

i think he may walk 

i think he is the type who has respect for the club and if he thinks he can not save us he may walk 

it might also save his chance of getting another job 

Agreed - I have said this for ages. Once the fans start 'to turn' he will do a P Grant or N Adams. 

Just now, ricardo said:

We moved out of the chop and change managerial game when we moved to the self funded model so no poit whatever in getting excited about it. I reckon Farke will still be here reguardless of results which now look all too predictable no matter who is in charge.

Barring the Saudi's swapping from Newcastle to us any hope of staying in this league is unrealistic.

Promotion party 22/23 to look forward to.

I don’t think so. I can’t see anything that would suggest we should be looking at promotion from the championship next season. This current lot look like mid table championship contenders at best

39 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

His premiership record is so bad it’s unbelievable- can’t believe he is still here

He was a victim of his own success last time, promotion was a surprise, we had no money to invest and although the start of the season looked promising with Pukki scoring effectively and Buendia creating plenty, we eventually returned to our actual level. Last season seemed a more mature brand of football, and in doing it again Farke proved himself amongst the doubters and surely with proper investment this time around things would be different.

Unfortunately Farke is now proving himself to the doubters once again. Just in the opposite way. No evidence of progress, in fact arguably we are worse. He doesnt look like he has any answers to making us more competitive. Id hoped the goalless draws were evidence of that but today back to chasing shadows, no aggression or pride. Too nice as Glenn Hoddle said.

Im not sure anyone can save us, but the deficiencies in the team have not been appropriately addressed.

Problem is, it's alright saying Farke Out! But who realistically could we appoint who might turn this around? Are we looking at Roy Hodgson again?

If we had got 4 or 6 points out of the previous two games I would of accepted this.

We didn't and I don't.

I do think its last chance saloon.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

We can't afford a better model.

Precisely, we are just about as far as we can go, regardless of the manager. 

Edited by Alex

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

I know it isn't news to people but here is Farke's record at this level in full...

Played 47

Won 5

Drawn 8

Lost 34

Goals Scored- 28

Goals Conceded- 98

Points- 23

And an additonal stat- zero points taken from losing  positions. So under Farke in the Premier League, the second you fall behind then its game over.

I can't think of any other club that would let it get this far, let alone keep someone with this record.

Those facts are damning.

He just doesn't seem to know how to set us up in the Prem.

We need 3 wins out of the next 5 if we are to stand any hope of staying up; we'll be lucky if we get 1.

Lose to Leeds and I think it should be game over for Farke...but it probably won't be.

All good things come to an end.

OTBC

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

We moved out of the chop and change managerial game when we moved to the self funded model so no poit whatever in getting excited about it. I reckon Farke will still be here reguardless of results which now look all too predictable no matter who is in charge.

Barring the Saudi's swapping from Newcastle to us any hope of staying in this league is unrealistic.

You've made the point a few times, but I don't see this level of performance being allowed to continue for the remainder of the season. 

It's simply dire and unsustainable for any manager.

The promotion party of 22/23? I'm not seeing that now. 

Just now, ricardo said:

I doubt that massively. As I said a couple of weeks back, going down this season will be nothing like it was two years ago.

We lost Lewis and Godfrey and replaced them with Quintilla/Dimi and Gibson, arguably upgrades at that level. So we went in with a largely unchanged team and squad.

This time Normann, Kabak, Gilmour are all but guaranteed to go. Cantwell, Aarons and Tzolis will almost certainly be bought, Rashica too (both for less than we paid if it carries on). Pukki will be another year older.

We'll have huge holes to fill and Webber isn't proving the best at doing that at the moment. 

I think we'll struggle next season, playoffs at best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Agreed - I have said this for ages. Once the fans start 'to turn' he will do a P Grant or N Adams. 

The best outcome 

we have a lot to be thankful for with Farke  he is a top bloke last thing the club should do is let it get to toxic he does not deserve it 

If he walks out give him two years money as a thankyou 

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

i voted No

Voting Yes is not going to make one iota of difference to the results.

Changing the management cannot make it any worse than it is currently, Farke’ record in the premiership is the worst of all premiership managers on record, why to stick with him? Better to change it now and try with a new managerial style

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

I don’t necessarily think changing Farke will keep us up. At the moment though we are guaranteed to go down so it’s worth a try if nothing else

You say that, but if we're going down anyway, you have to think about the season after that. Farke is proven at Championship level, and not only that he is the chosen one, after the failures of Adams and Neil, in terms of making the academy bear fruit.

Appointing the wrong manager now, who sees us relegated anyway and doesnt do any of that, or get us back up could see the club go backwards again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helsinki canary said:

Changing the management cannot make it any worse than it is currently, Farke’ record in the premiership is the worst of all premiership managers on record, why to stick with him? Better to change it now and try with a new managerial style

Nothing to do with management style, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

I know it isn't news to people but here is Farke's record at this level in full...

Played 47

Won 5

Drawn 8

Lost 34

Goals Scored- 28

Goals Conceded- 98

Points- 23

And an additonal stat- zero points taken from losing  positions. So under Farke in the Premier League, the second you fall behind then its game over.

I can't think of any other club that would let it get this far, let alone keep someone with this record.

Genuine question as I don’t know the answer or anywhere that may hold the stats.

But is there a PL manager who’s had at least a similar number of games in charge with a worse record?

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

You say that, but if we're going down anyway, you have to think about the season after that. Farke is proven at Championship level, and not only that he is the chosen one, after the failures of Adams and Neil, in terms of making the academy bear fruit.

Appointing the wrong manager now, who sees us relegated anyway and doesnt do any of that, or get us back up could see the club go backwards again. 

i think with the Money at Stake you have to spin the wheel and get rid 

Nothing next season is bolted on 

also if we did get up we would be in the same position 

The New man might keep us up and then keep us up next season you never know 

he might take us down and get sacked next season you will never know till we try 

• Thanks 1

I am so sorry to say this but I think that the next two games will decide whether a new manager is needed.

1. Beaten badly by the European champions is not about losing to Chelsea but what happens next.

2. The club thinks long term so a knee jerk reaction is not the way it happens.

3. There is an international break coming after 2 more games which gives a little time to bed in a change.

4. I haven't a clue who a new manager would be.

5. I think no defeats and probably a win are the absolute minimum.

I will be at carrow Road for Leeds hoping for a win but as I have said before it's the hope that kills you.

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I've been waiting for another opportunity to use this!

If Farke lost his **** on Gentleman’s Walk like that I think most people would expect it 😁

18 minutes ago, Robornio said:

As I wrote in the game chat…

When I went to the game in 2011/12, we looked superb against Chelsea. We competed, had a system and were 1-1 for much of the game. We lost 3-1 when Ruddy got sent off and we conceded two late goals, but could have been different if Torres was sent off earlier. Chelsea that season won the Champions League. But we actually tried to compete against them.

This, on the other hand, is utter garbage. No system, no effort, no ideas and no excuses. Pathetic. 

I think this is the point where a change is needed, sadly. As there aren’t any signs of it improving.

Agreed. Noone expects us to beat Chelsea. Or even take a point. But we do expect to make them work for it and give them a fight. This is not beyond the realms of possibility for Norwich City. Stoke did it for years, so have Burnley

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Genuine question as I don’t know the answer or anywhere that may hold the stats.

But is there a PL manager who’s had at least a similar number of games in charge with a worse record?

The closest I can think of is Steve Kean- Farke is somewhat unique in that most teams wouldn't have kept a manager with his record hin 19/20 but obviously his Championship form kept him in the role. Most manager with this poor a record would get the chop long before they've had nearly 50 games at this level.

Kean managed 59 Premier League games and managed 53 points in that time. So better thank Farke but still pretty poor.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Not yet. But if we're this abject against Leeds next week then it's as good as over.

We've got 5 winnable games now, the sort of run that Brentford and Brighton got to start the season with. 10 points required as an absolute minimum.

Thing is it really needs to start with a win against Leeds doesn't it? Just to keep fans on side for a bit longer.

12 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

But is staying up the objective at our club?

No. I don't believe that the club is serious about staying up. If it was, Farke would not still be here. 

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Agreed. Noone expects us to beat Chelsea. Or even take a point. But we do expect to make them work for it and give them a fight. This is not beyond the realms of possibility for Norwich City. Stoke did it for years, so have Burnley

You don't have to be a Stoke or a Burnley type team though. Brentford made it tough for them recently, Sheffield United took 4 points off them 2 seasons ago without being long ball backs to the wall types etc etc.

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

If Farkes still here then, then it's really nothing to look forward to, I couldn't stomach a 3rd season of his Premier league style. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Thing is it really needs to start with a win against Leeds doesn't it? Just to keep fans on side for a bit longer.

I think so, a poor performance against Leeds and the crowd will emphatically turn and it never ends well after that.

Has anyone reserved farkeout.com yet?!

11 minutes ago, ricardo said:

i voted No

Voting Yes is not going to make one iota of difference to the results.

It may not, but we have at least have to try rather than just face the inevitable.

It was a total lack of unprofessionalism on the pitch and a complete shambles off it with Farke's public spat with Cantwell. Claiming he was injured when Todd says he isn't.

Virtually everyone on here agreed it was a good transfer window, most agreed it was a great idea to sell Buendia, down to Farke now they said. Well here we are more than a quarter of the season gone, and were worse than we were two seasons ago.

Time for change.

16 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i think he may walk 

i think he is the type who has respect for the club and if he thinks he can not save us he may walk 

it might also save his chance of getting another job 

He'd walk into any English Championship club tomorrow. He wont want that label though (Premier League flop). He might do better in a different country with a different type of game but sadly he looks unable to take us any further than he has done.

Hypothetically if we did keep Farke and got promoted again, surely the club would have every right to bin him off after promotion?

Couldn't bring myself to pick yes ad the man deserves a lot of admiration for what he's done. If it doesn't pick up in next two games I hope he walks to be honest.

No point playing to keep clean sheets and pic up draws now. We need wins or it's over before Xmas.  Revert to 4231, get Cantwell, Rashica and Tzolis behind Pukki and let's at least try to score. 

The whole mentality and change of set up is hugely damaging. It has the makings of someone who is second guessing himself and has left a team devoid of a plan and confidence.  We know the current playing field in the PL and that we were odds in to go down. Just give it a go.