Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

Time for Farke to walk

He can't manage at this level if we're to be a top 26 side he has to leave. I have my doubts that if last season wasn't behind closed doors we'd be up. We have the players to give this a real go. We need some fire 

• Like 1

That first half is the worst I have seen in a very very long time away watching Norwich 

the players either don’t care or are not playing for farke

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

*Cough*.......we are a top 26 side, even if we finish bottom. Our problem is not DF, our problem is that we are basically not rich enough to compete in the Premier League, especially against the European Champions and league  leaders...........

So what you are saying is until there’s a drastic change in the way football operates this is Norwich’s ceiling? We will always finish bottom of the prem and Norwich are essentially a 2nd tier team with no Scope for improvement?

I've seen enough of his style of football at this level now. It's like he doesn't know how to coach a team to play and react when we don't have the ball and we don't seem to understand that to play passing football you have to offer options, pass then MOVE. Against inferior teams he can set a side up to be flat track bullies, but I think he's proven by now that he's not up to this level and he seems to either not understand or refuse to accept that the intensity and speed of play at this level is much higher than what he's getting this team to do. 

Watch Chelsea or any other team, they lose the ball in dangerous areas, within seconds they have 9 men behind the ball, when they get the ball they always have options around them, when they lose it high they swarm around one of our players and have people closely marking our attackers in case we play through them, we do the exact opposite of all these things. This is how you have to play at this level nowadays, Farke seems to think it's still 2008, the game has moved on and I think we need to now if we're going to salvage anything from this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

That first half is the worst I have seen in a very very long time away watching Norwich 

the players either don’t care or are not playing for farke

Or they are just not good enough, it is what it is, last win in the league at Chelsea was 28 years ago............

I think Farke was heavily influenced by and takes his tactical cues from Guardiola's Barca. That style worked so well because due to the quality of their players and the relative lack of athleticism in La Liga it meant that Barca could simply pass the ball around the pitch faster than any opposition players in that league could run so nobody could get near them. They didn't have to press or win the ball back often because they rarely lost the ball and could just suffocate teams, that approach will not work for us, in this league in this current era.

This works for us in the Championship against poor sides with slower players who make more mistakes but it doesn't at this level. PL opposition players can run faster and swarm around the pitch quicker than we can knock the ball around so it just doesn't work and because of that we don't seem to have any plan or intensity for when we lose the ball because we're trying to play in a way that means we shouldn't lose the ball very often. 

This is why despite all the good work he's done for us and how good he is at developing individual players it's time for a change. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

So what you are saying is until there’s a drastic change in the way football operates this is Norwich’s ceiling? We will always finish bottom of the prem and Norwich are essentially a 2nd tier team with no Scope for improvement?

Webber was very clever when he stated the aim is for us to be a top 26 side, a term used by the OP. My personal opinion/belief is under the current financial model at Norwich we will always be a yo yo club, too good for the Championship, not quite good enough for the Premier League. I am not going to get upset at losing to the European Champions and current league leaders, we haven't won at Stamford Bridge in the league for 28 years, it is what it is........

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Webber was very clever when he stated the aim is for us to be a top 26 side, a term used by the OP. My personal opinion/belief is under the current financial model at Norwich we will always be a yo yo club, too good for the Championship, not quite good enough for the Premier League. I am not going to get upset at losing to the European Champions and current league leaders, we haven't won at Stamford Bridge in the league for 28 years, it is what it is........

The current model is to make as much money as possible from a promotion in order to be able to compete financially in the championship against teams who’s owners have anywhere between 10 and 100 times the wealth of Norwich’s.

That’s fine but we are completely dependant on parachute payments. I worry that the current resentment against them will grow and lead to reform. Especially if the likes of Bournemouth, Fulham and WBA get promoted this season. 

34 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

*Cough*.......we are a top 26 side, even if we finish bottom. Our problem is not DF, our problem is that we are basically not rich enough to compete in the Premier League, especially against the European Champions and league  leaders...........

What tosh, any side can compete on one given day competing isn’t about winning it’s about making sure the opposite side know they’ve been in a game. Chelsea could play us for a week and still be fresh as a daisy. Don’t even think they’ve broke a sweat. 

2 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

The current model is to make as much money as possible from a promotion in order to be able to compete financially in the championship against teams who’s owners have anywhere between 10 and 100 times the wealth of Norwich’s.

That’s fine but we are completely dependant on parachute payments. I worry that the current resentment against them will grow and lead to reform. Especially if the likes of Bournemouth, Fulham and WBA get promoted this season. 

I agree, I temper my view of all things NCFC based on how long I have been supporting them (since 1976), in that time we have always been a mainly second tier side with forays into the top tier, we were fortunate to be in the top tier when the Premier League was created. Unfortunately football finances have changed so dramatically, add in living in the past and couple that with what seems to me to be a very entitled society and you end up with some people thinking we should be getting a result at Chelsea. I am the wrong person to discuss this subject with as my main driver in life is health and happiness and not worrying about stuff I have no control over................

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

What tosh, any side can compete on one given day competing isn’t about winning it’s about making sure the opposite side know they’ve been in a game. Chelsea could play us for a week and still be fresh as a daisy. Don’t even think they’ve broke a sweat. 

The OP made the reference to top 26, not me, picking up on the statement from Webber, I merely pointed out that even if we finish bottom we will be a top 26 side. We last won there in the league in 1993, we have got a draw since, it is what it is, even Lambert got a tanking there once........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

40 minutes ago, Clint said:

I’d give him two more matches and he has to win at least one of them.

Why 2 more matches. You must know by now that nothing is going to change until he's gone

Just now, MORDENCANARY said:

He wants the team to play like Real Madrid ,works in the Championship.....fails miserably in the Prem.

I would say he wanted us to play a possession based game more along the lines of Barcelona or Manchester City but sadly he gave that identity up this season and as a result we have seen a real lack of identity with the side and how they want to play. It’s almost as it Farke has forgotten what brought them to the dance. Our first 4 games were very difficult but rather than continuing with his style that got them there since his first day he’s thrown the baby out with the bath water. 

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

We last won there in the league in 1993, we have got a draw since, it is what it is, even Lambert got a tanking there once........

You miss my point, the team under Lambert at least gave Chelsea a good game. Competing isn’t about winning it’s about giving them a game. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Clint said:

Why two more? He hasn’t won this season in 9! 

43 minutes ago, Clint said:

I think I now agree. Enough now. Prove he can win against beatable opposition at this level or he has to go.

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

You miss my point, the team under Lambert at least gave Chelsea a good game. Competing isn’t about winning it’s about giving them a game. 

That is true, I though he got a beating there once but that was under Hughton, hands up, my bad........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Didn't a Lambert team lose 4-1 there once?........

You are still missing the point. This is like talking to a brick wall. Competing isn’t winning. It’s about the opposition knowing they’ve been in a competitive game. A non league team won’t win the premiership but in a one off game against a premiership team they can at least fight and give them a good run for their money. There is absolutely no sign that this team would give any side a run for their money premiership or non league. They are devoid of attacking intelligence, football identity and defensive capabilities. 

Farke doesn't have to go. But he does have to stop playing this broken midfield setup. Brentford showed that you can go toe-to-toe with Chelsea by giving them something to worry about in defence. Farke needs to put his best players on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

You are still missing the point. This is like talking to a brick wall. Competing isn’t winning. It’s about the opposition knowing they’ve been in a competitive game. A non league team won’t win the premiership but in a one off game against a premiership team they can at least fight and give them a good run for their money. There is absolutely no sign that this team would give any side a run for their money premiership or non league. They are devoid of attacking intelligence, football identity and defensive capabilities. 

No need to be rude, I agree that Lambert competed. I am not defending Farke, I merely pointed out that we are a top 26 side, today is embarrassing, but wholly predictable. As I said elsewhere on this thread I am the wrong person to discuss this with as I do not get upset about things over which I have no control. Personally I think Farke has run out of road, but I cannot see Webber or the Board getting rid anytime soon...........

8 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Personally I think Farke has run out of road, but I cannot see Webber or the Board getting rid anytime soon...........

Do you think he’s run out of road because he’s not capable with the budget he has or just not capable full stop?