Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Tzlois and Rashica must really be wondering why they came..

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

My quote was about Brighton you 🛎 🔚. Is it that hard? 

I've repeated it here for the hard of intelligence. Happy to help @FenwayFrank

Edited your original post haven’t you, d1ckhead

I can see the point that we have two expensive signings not getting a game, but equally, playing the European champions away and top of the league is not really a game for going with a gung-ho attacking formation.  Anyone thinking otherwise ought to look at what happened at Man City.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

So why sign them, if they are no better than the others?

they  are not better or worse, just different  roles. They were bought to give us options. Tough concept to take on board as beyond  linear  thinking is a tough call for some, surprised  you are one of them Greavsyo or are you  just being deliberately  obtuse?

• Like 1

I think its pretty simple, after a tough start where we let goals galore in we've found a more solid formation with five at the back and three in the middle, that doesn't leave room for many out and out attacking players and at the moment Pukki and Sargeant have the shirts. Rashica and Tzolis will play their part I'm sure, there are thirty odd games left.

12 minutes ago,  Greavsy said: 

My quote was about Brighton you 🛎 🔚. Is it that hard? 

I've repeated it here for the hard of intelligence. Happy to help @FenwayFrank

This exchange could be better than the match. 

• Haha 1

I think most players coming into a new team know that they have to earn their place in the side, so not playing right now isn’t necessarily an issue.

What does matter though, is that they see that there is a path into the team for them. That if they work hard enough/play well enough in training etc they have the same opportunity to play as everyone else.

My worry is that isn’t there for them right now given the formation and way we are playing just now. Farke is going to have to start looking at how he can move this formation from damage limitation, which is fair enough at the moment, to something a bit more creative so there’s some chance of starting to score goals as well as defend them.

If ever there is a game to try and be pragmatic and stay in the game it’s away against the European champions. These are the types of games we should be compact and resolute not against the Brighton’s of this world. Farke has the benefit of my doubt for a little while longer yet 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Yep, I added the final sentence, didn't remove anything. 

Is that not allowed in the world of frank? 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Yep, I added the final sentence, didn't remove anything. 

Is that not allowed in the world of frank? 

You tell me, you’re the self appointed forum moderator 

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

You tell me, you’re the self appointed forum moderator 

You shouted out a post edit. After a mis quote to. Seem like youre more a self appointed moderater here. 

You may get away with it on the other forums you frequent. 

So you can see my comment about a top team was about Brighton and not Chelsea? 

Holy crap, I didn’t realise we were going to be this poor - next to no no defence at all: Gibson should have got a block in for the first, not sure where Aarons was for the second. You wonder if it’s worth watching from here.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Both will hand in transfer requests in January 

Wouldn't blame them. 

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

They are both pacey wide men, what do you want Farke to do, play a really open game

Well the game he played worked well. 

3 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s ridiculous- I really do think that he has lost his bottle and given up on positivity. I would like to see Normann and Lees Melous as a two in the middle with Rashica and Tzolis on the wings - but what do I know? But one thing is indisputable- we did not plan on this negative park the bus formation in the summer - or we would have signed 3 CDMs not a lot of attacking flair that we don’t know what to do with. It’s all a bit depressing 

Change Lees-Melous for Sorenson, in a 4-2-3-1 and you have it!

• Like 1

It is the lack of physical presence which is killing us, and until our midfielders and defensive players can compete physically (Pace and strength) there is no way you can play Rashica and Tzolois.  Today’s result will effect our confidence, somehow we need a solid base before we can let those guys express themselves.  I thought Gibson looked too slow and positionally, Aarons was all over the place, although that seemed to be part of the plan, but I could not work out what the team were trying to achieve, and McLean simply lost the ball too easily.  

Rashica again showed very little actual ability. We actually needed to see more of his defensive attributes today but he's severely lacking in any real awareness.

We need to get our best players on the pitch. But we need them all pulling in the same direction. It's a shambles at the moment. Just throwing Tzolis and Rashica into this flawed system wouldn't make any difference.

12 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Bin off McLean as well.

Krul, Aarons, Kabak, Omo, Gianoullis, Sorenson, Normann, Rashica, Cantwell, Tzolis, Pukki

I genuinely believe that's our best 11. I could be wrong, but it would not have done any worse than today, that's pretty much guaranteed considering we haven't had a result worse than today's for 113 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Benched every week and 5 minute cameos for our record transfers.

Interesting tactic.

I’m wondering why they came

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

It is the lack of physical presence which is killing us, and until our midfielders and defensive players can compete physically (Pace and strength) there is no way you can play Rashica and Tzolois.  Today’s result will effect our confidence, somehow we need a solid base before we can let those guys express themselves.  I thought Gibson looked too slow and positionally, Aarons was all over the place, although that seemed to be part of the plan, but I could not work out what the team were trying to achieve, and McLean simply lost the ball too easily.  

It's nothing to do with physicality, it's positioning and discipline. The midfield 3 are all over the place. The wingbacks are too high and wide. There's no cover on the flanks from the midfield. It's simply a broken system.

Two CDMs and three attacking midfielders in front of a flat back four would be far more defensively solid than this mess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Bin off McLean as well.

Krul, Aarons, Kabak, Omo, Gianoullis, Sorenson, Normann, Rashica, Cantwell, Tzolis, Pukki

I genuinely believe that's our best 11. I could be wrong, but it would not have done any worse than today, that's pretty much guaranteed considering we haven't had a result worse than today's for 113 years.

Not sure Sorensen gets in over the next games but long term that is very possibly the way to go

15 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I have no idea what Sorenson would bring to the party but PLM was simply awful today, so weak.

To be fair the rest of the midfield didn't turn up either, comfortably Normann's worst game. McLean bit part.

Think we'll see Rupp back in next week, if Farke is still here.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Bin off McLean as well.

Absolutely this. They would need to play much deeper and more disciplined, but there would be a real threat on the break. Stop hoofing it long and play through the phases. Get back to our natural game. It couldn't be worse.

Not sure how to remedy this awful, pathetic shower of a squad. But I am now completely convinced that Farke is not the man for the job. Goals for and against tell the whole story of how terrible this squad is and how awfully they are prepared for each game.

Just now, Petriix said:

Absolutely this. They would need to play much deeper and more disciplined, but there would be a real threat on the break. Stop hoofing it long and play through the phases. Get back to our natural game. It couldn't be worse.

Exactly, has to be worth a throw of the dice, especially if Farke really is in last chance saloon and despite the patent reluctance from the board to pull the trigger, it certainly seems he's precarious if even David Freezer has said if we lost the next two it must be curtains for him.

Sorenson's ability to play full-back will be crucial, he can fill in if Dimi or Aarons making marauding runs forward. There is obviously questions about Rashica and Tzolis's ability to offer support in defence, but it has to be worth a go.

If he goes 5-3-2 at home versus 1 win and currently losing against Wolves at home Leeds and we lose, or even scrape another 0-0, he will incur far more ire from the stands than if we go for it, see a bit of exciting football and bag a point. But if we win, and win well, suddenly everything changes.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that come 5pm on Sunday, we're a point or two off safety after a good home win. It's also for that reason why people thinking Farke should/could go this week are on another planet.

• Like 1

makes a mockery of our "we don't have the money to compete" when we break our transfer record twice to sign these 2 only to not play them... might as well have bought a marquee centre back instead.

3 hours ago, Monty13 said:

As others have said it’s a long season.

But not long enough for us I'm afraid. Our season will be over before Christmas at this rate