Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Tzlois and Rashica must really be wondering why they came..

Absolutely, let’s not play the best players and formation today just let the newbies have a game to keep them happy ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Absolutely, let’s not play the best players and formation today just let the newbies have a game to keep them happy ...

So why sign them, if they are no better than the others?

Rashica has been getting more minutes than that. Tzolis will get his chance, but it will have to be the right circumstances, for example, if we are chasing the game.  Still early days for both of them in terms of playing the Farke way. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

They are both pacey wide men, what do you want Farke to do, play a really open game ? 

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

They are both pacey wide men, what do you want Farke to do, play a really open game ? 

I'll repeat my question, why sign them?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

How about giving the opposition something to think about? We're just asking to be beaten playing like this. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I'll repeat my question, why sign them?

To play them in games where we’re not playing one of the top teams away from home and need to try and keep things tight to start the game. Who would you leave out to play them both ?

To play them in games where we’re not playing one of the top teams away from home

Like Brighton last week?

And yes I'm aware of their league position, but doesn't make them a top team

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 2

To play them in games where we’re not playing one of the top teams away from home and need to try and keep things tight to start the game. Who would you leave out to play them both ?

Like Burnley away you mean.  Oh and Brighton at home. Oh and Everton away as well!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

Like Burnley away you mean.  Oh and Brighton at home. Oh and Everton away as well!!

Well said

It’s ridiculous- I really do think that he has lost his bottle and given up on positivity. I would like to see Normann and Lees Melous as a two in the middle with Rashica and Tzolis on the wings - but what do I know? But one thing is indisputable- we did not plan on this negative park the bus formation in the summer - or we would have signed 3 CDMs not a lot of attacking flair that we don’t know what to do with. It’s all a bit depressing 

I was talking about today’s game, not Burnley Brighton and Everton. I didn’t realise that the current European champions, also top of the premier league aren’t a top team 😁

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I was talking about today’s game, not Burnley Brighton and Everton. I didn’t realise that the current European champions, also top of the premier league aren’t a top team 😁

Then I suggest you read the op / title  again, and stay on topic. 

And no one has said Chelsea aren't a top team as you imply. 

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Rashica has been getting more minutes than that. Tzolis will get his chance, but it will have to be the right circumstances, for example, if we are chasing the game.  Still early days for both of them in terms of playing the Farke way. 

Should be on after about 10 minutes then 😁

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Should be on after about 10 minutes then 😁

That’s the best today so far. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

And no one has said Chelsea aren't a top team as you imply

23 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

but doesn't make them a top team

Tzolis shows some genuine (raw) talent. Rashica has demonstrated virtually nothing since his arrival.

I'm pathological averse to the 5-3-2, but this is actually a fairly appropriate time to use it. I'd have wanted to see Tzolis against Brighton, not today. 

10 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

My quote was about Brighton you 🛎 🔚. Is it that hard? 

34 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Like Brighton last week?

And yes I'm aware of their league position, but doesn't make them a top team

I've repeated it here for the hard of intelligence. Happy to help @FenwayFrank

Edited by Greavsy

Seems the Money could have been spent better instead of two wide players That are not used could of maybe a upgraded a CB or bought a Striker that scores 

• Like 1

Against Chelsea you need to be solid, but let’s not get carried away, this formation is far too negative to keep playing it in home games, we won’t score enough goals.

It’s a frustrating negative move which leads to boring football and won’t change relegation. Should have stuck to 4-2-3-1 with Norman and Lees-Malou in midfield definitely good enough and Kabak in with Gibson or Hanley.

45 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

It’s clear they were signed to play 433 but our abject defending and inability to play that formation effectively has lead to us changing to a system they don’t fit, at least temporarily. As others have said it’s a long season.

And dowell. 

This situation is absolutely ludicrous. 

Farke has literally just said to Chelsea, press high and attack the flanks, and we ain't gonna trouble your back line.