chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Chelsea (A/PL) ****

4 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Goes fundamentally to the business model which is simply incompatible with a PL set up. If there’s disquiet I would suggest that it’s additional investment that is needed and a culture/ambition of wanting to compete in tier one.

My argument is we've NEVER had money when we go up yet we show more fight then we do now. 

Lamberts premier league team was full of league one players and stayed up. 

Worthys team was full of championship players and we gave ourself a chance going into Fulham. 

Even Hughton's team gave more than they are right now. 

I refuse to believe lack of funds is the be all and end off if everyone is just fighting that extra 10% more than every other team. 

And yes the counter argument is the prem is now alot harder then back then also but I'd argue so is the championship 🤷‍♂️ 

Buck has to fall with the decision makers of the match day teams first and foremost...

then the owners, but unfortunately we all know she's going nowhere. 

20 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Can't really play like this and then moan when pundits utterly hammer us, can we.

Especially after Brentford gave them a proper go last week. Then along come Norwich to give Chelsea the easiest game they will ever have at this level.

Its all so predictable though, thats what really hurts. You just KNEW we'd be lambs to the slaughter today, its almost like they've accepted defeat before a ball has been kicked. Where is the basic fight and spirit you need when you're scrapping for survival? We were always likely to lose and lose well today, but at least show some HEART ffs

• Like 1

Crikey, talk about the hope that kills you. I'll maintain progress is never linear, but the battling performances of the last two matches aren't showing here at all. Sure, Chelsea are moving the ball very well indeed and they deserve credit for clocking three goals up with academy graduates, but we're a yard behind in thought, action, and response.

Two half-time subs speak volumes though.

Teams with far worse players than we have are capable of playing and defending so much better than this. Something is fundamentally wrong.

I know we are lacking confidence but it doesn’t excuse us making it so easy. Webber’s recruitment defensively sub standard again. 

• Like 1

Shocking to set up so negatively that we all know that 0.0 is the only positive result possible BUT come in 3-0 down at HALF TIME!

I fear that Farke's truly lost it. He's chopped and changed already this season and we're still so far off it.

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

League 1 the season after next? I’m not joking…

Hahaha give it a rest mate. I agree with a lot of what you post but christ alive, what makes you think we’re going down to League 1 in over a year’s time?

Back to 4231  and go for it, can get beaten either way , but at least we can keep the ball up the pitch abit and play actual footy. 

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Where’s Lakey and Hogesar to tell us it’s gonna be ok?

Hoggy must be so confident next week bearing in mind how bad he thinks Leeds are. Lakey just uses a template ready for the next match. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 1

So stupidly easy. There is no holding f**king midfielder making challenges. No hindsight needed Webber you utter pr*ck. 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

How many is i t gonna be? 6? 7?

As long as it's under 9 I don't care, this is utterly embarrassing.

I said 4-0, but it looks at though it may be more...

If Farke goes, the result would have been worth it. However, our hapless owners won't hear of it. 

10 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Unfortunately for us on paper doesn’t win football matches. Our manager has approached the season with the scars from our last failure at this level and that is being sent out on to the pitch. We literally offer nothing positive and look so far out of our depth

I agree. Something has to change.

Well, if Billy Connolly famously quipped that if Eskimos have over 100 words for different kinds of snow, Scots have over 100 words to describe someone who's crap at football.

I can see a couple more being invented.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

100% coated from head to toe.

OTBC

Not just a facial 💦

2 minutes ago, Spillay said:

And its 4..

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How many is i t gonna be? 6? 7?

I went 6.0 after seeing that line up. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

So stupidly easy. There is no holding f**king midfielder making challenges. No hindsight needed Webber you utter pr*ck. 

We didn't need one. We were going to dominate the ball every game by playing lots of slow, languid low passes to feet and the opposition wern't going to do any off the ball work against us. It wasn't supposed to be this way, how could they have possibly seen this coming? It's not like they haven't had a season already to see this or anything. Get off his back Captain Hindsight

It’s scary how confused our wingbacks look, not used to playing with three at the back. Aarons is far better than he looks today, what has this season done to our players confidence?

Surely Webber needs to come out and either commit to or club long term of **** off before January as we need to have someone who’s going to look for alternative players with a long term plan.

Raschica has made a change in our energy level.

Joe Cole insinuated at half time that we are playing like Farke has lost the dressing room. 

I feel its now time up for him, especially if we lose this 6 or 7.