chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Chelsea (A/PL) ****

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

The worst top flight Norwich team that I’ve ever seen, and will likely go down in history as the worst PL team of all time 

In practice. On paper it’s one of the strongest top flight squads we’ve ever had, at least since we were relegated the first time from the PL.

Begs the question if individually they are at least on paper good enough to compete at this level, why can’t we in practice at least show something?

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

In practice. On paper it’s one of the strongest top flight squads we’ve ever had, at least since we were relegated the first time from the PL.

Begs the question if individually they are at least on paper good enough to compete at this level, why can’t we in practice at least show something?

Amusing how a bunch of free agents and youth players put in more effort and a better show for us than this bunch of overpriced 'good players'

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bluefloyd said:

Gibson off, rashica or Tzolis on, back to 433 and at least have a go. 

I think I agree. Three at the back when they have no recognised striker isnt working. They are overrunning us everywhere. 

I don't even see where, on paper, we are the strongest top flight squad

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

If he's not the problem then who is. HE makes the decisions 

Goes fundamentally to the business model which is simply incompatible with a PL set up. If there’s disquiet I would suggest that it’s additional investment that is needed and a culture/ambition of wanting to compete in tier one.

• Like 1

It is 100% Farke's fault. What exactly does he say to them to get them demotivated, disorganised and disinterested? Thats some skill to get these players, many of whom are internationals, playing so abjectly. Its almost got to the point of anyone but Farke.....

• Like 3

Just now, NFN FC said:

I don't even see where, on paper, we are the strongest top flight squad

Compare Paul Lamberts first promotion squad with this one. I just don’t think it’s the individual quality of the players that’s the issue personally.

• Like 2

I think I agree. Three at the back when they have no recognised striker isnt working. They are overrunning us everywhere. 

We’re constantly being overrun because we aren’t making the opposition run backwards at any point. It’s easy when Chelsea only have to worry about coming forwards because they know there’s sod all threat from us to worry about.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Amusing how a bunch of free agents and youth players put in more effort and a better show for us than this bunch of overpriced 'good players'

been mulling this over... The likes of Holt, Morison and Fox must have known that this was their big chance, work your **** off or back to lower tier football you go. Many of this lot will already be thinking about their next move.

• Like 2

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Has he lost the players? They're certainly not putting in a shift for him out there. 

I think so. Plus this situation with Cantwell too. Something isn’t right. I genuinely believe that squad has quality to compete 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Highland Canary said:

Goes fundamentally to the business model which is simply incompatible with a PL set up. If there’s disquiet I would suggest that it’s additional investment that is needed and a culture/ambition of wanting to compete in tier one.

That doesn’t explain why Brentford can compete and we can’t. It’s not a “why aren’t we Brentford moan” it’s a simple observation that they have not thrown huge amounts of money around and look way more like they belong than we do despite our relative positions last year.

• Like 3

Last week Chelski were lucky to get the win against a Brentford team, who I would say are a lesser squad than us - no disrespect.

We are just tactically poor, pose no threat whatsoever at the top end of the pitch and have a midfield and defence that constantly back off and make no challenges. As has been said, we constantly look to pass sideways or backwards making us so easy to play against.

I am now resigned to us going down already, this early in the season.

Then all the loan players leave, as do one or two others meaning it all starts all over again. We are good enough to compete at the top end of the Championship, but that's it.

yikes.  that was BAD.

I'd apply for the manager's position, but be warned, if appointed, my solution is to "break the other team's legs and stop fannying about".  

Yeah that's the difference. Get players from lower leagues who are grateful to be playing at this level or you get "potential superstars" who already know that Norwich is simply a stepping stone. I know which one I'd prefer.

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

We’re constantly being overrun because we aren’t making the opposition run backwards at any point. It’s easy when Chelsea only have to worry about coming forwards because they know there’s sod all threat from us to worry about.

True. I have no idea why we bring everyone back for corners for instance.

Agree with the changes. Giannoulus completely at fault for the 3rd goal and its the same thing he got dropped for before. Farke must be furious he is not learning the lesson. Lees-Melou not having a great game so agree wth the changes

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Compare Paul Lamberts first promotion squad with this one. I just don’t think it’s the individual quality of the players that’s the issue personally.

Other than Krul, Aarons and Pukki (and maybe Hanley) everyone else is either unproven or champs level. 

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Unfortunately for us on paper doesn’t win football matches. Our manager has approached the season with the scars from our last failure at this level and that is being sent out on to the pitch. We literally offer nothing positive and look so far out of our depth

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

Agree with the changes. Giannoulus completely at fault for the 3rd goal and its the same thing he got dropped for before. Farke must be furious he is not learning the lesson. Lees-Melou not having a great game so agree wth the changes

Krul mostly at fault for 3rd goal as he tried a left foot dink 7 seconds earlier that went straight to a group of 3 chelsea players.  Once you give away possession in that phase of play, it's not surprising people might be out of position.

Just now, NFN FC said:

Other than Krul, Aarons and Pukki (and maybe Hanley) everyone else is either unproven or champs level. 

Compare where Lambert was shopping to where Farkes new players are coming from though, it’s no comparison. 

Shocking half all in all.

Defence look clueless, it doesn't matter if you're a back 3 or 4 if you don't get the basics right- players leaving huge gaps, not tracking runners etc etc.

Midfield are worse- somehow both offering zero spark or support going forward and no defensive cover with teams cutting through them as if they don't exist.

Up front Pukki and Sargent don't look like they have a clue about how the other plays while also being left to try and break down the opposition on their own. 

I have some questions about quality, especially in the midfield but the bigger issue for me is the coaching. No way this is the best you can get from this group of players.