chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Chelsea (A/PL) ****

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

Remember though, there is a solution:

"All we have to do is beat Chelsea"

Which great philosopher would that be I wonder. 

• Like 2

I cannot believe how many apologists there still are given the dire football and the complete lack of being competitive. We spent a huge amount by our standard and have nothing to show for it. Not good enough and at any other club heads would roll. But not us- we are happy to lose it seems. 

• Like 4

It’s honestly getting a bit embarrassing isn’t it.

Issue for me (amongst many others) is McLean. Offers absolutely nothing in midfield at moment.  He isn’t  offering any fight or presence. We might as well play one of the more genuinely talented and skilful players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

**** this. I can't wait to get back to the Championship. 

For what purpose? What’s the point in having another promotion season if we’re to then come up and be an embarrassment. We have reached our limits of what can be achieved under this model/owners. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How can we be so bad a passing a ball? Especially when you’re a professional player. Just utterly inexcusable.

1 minute ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

No need to overreact. Every man and his dog knew we were gonna lose today. For me I was mainly hoping for a strong performance at the very least, or a few good individual performances. Not looking likely thus far.

Yeah, just like they did in all the previous matches! The manager, his coaching team, Webber and his recruitment team, and the plans the owners have in place are just not good enough for the Premiership.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not like we are playing the top of the league and the champions of europe away from home

Yeah because we’ve covered ourselves in so much glory in all the other matches this season haven’t we….

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not like we are playing the top of the league and the champions of europe away from home

Well that is a nice excuse for this week. Against Watford we needed time to gel. Rinse and repeat- excuses are not good enough . We have had countless promotions and wasted every single one and despite being promised we would not go into this one without gun- here we are without a gun. Even worse than last time if you can believe it..

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

It’s honestly getting a bit embarrassing isn’t it.

Issue for me (amongst many others) is McLean. Offers absolutely nothing in midfield at moment.  He isn’t  offering any fight or presence. We might as well play one of the more genuinely talented and skilful players.

Forget he was playing in all honesty, has he even touched the ball? 

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

So what will Lakey and the like say to excuse this utter sh*te? Zero point in us getting promoted

They’ll have plenty to say as always with excuses in abundance. 

I couldn't stop myself from shouting Wake up Gibson you dopey c*nt, there. Frightened the cat. 

• Haha 1

The problem is going to be next season, I cant be arsed to go through this **** every other season so do we cheer for us to finish 3rd and lose the play offs? 

6 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Yeah, just like they did in all the previous matches! The manager, his coaching team, Webber and his recruitment team, and the plans the owners have in place are just not good enough for the Premiership.

Not sure why you’re on about there. Not everyone expected us to lose to Watford/Brighton/Burnley did they. 

Look, I’m becoming as sceptical as everyone on this forum about the coaching staff/Webber/Farke and whether or not the players are good enough for this level. All I’m saying is even if we were playing well, and there were no questions being asked of the club, we would still be expected to lose to Chelsea. I would argue there’s only 3 teams in the league that would actually expect to come away with a point or more at Stamford Bridge this season. 

Therefore I don’t believe we should be making big, reactionary statements after losing a game like this. 

Edited by Hoolahoop14

Just now, Fuzzar said:

I couldn't stop myself from shouting Wake up Gibson you dopey c*nt, there. Frightened the cat. 

He is doing an impressive job stopping Hanley being the weak link in a PL defence. Not many can do that at this level.

Losing to Chelsea isn't the issue, it's the pathetic performance that we are putting out there right now. I can take a loss but at least give it a good go, a bit like the 3-2 against them a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

This is a bit soul destroying to watch. We’ve packed the defence yet still let them score two of the easiest goals you will see. Nobody closing down or tracking runners. It’s embarrassing.

id rather we just went for it and caused them some problems even if we risk conceding more. 

I don’t see any identity in our play snd the defending is still utter sh*t. 

• Like 1

Normann very quiet so far, not offering much. Gibson looks like a 70 year old playing against teenagers, so slow. 

I can accept getting beat by a better team but what’s totally unacceptable is the sheer ineffectiveness or threat of any team presented by Farke so far this season. I’ve not idea why he’s suddenly abandoned his attacking possession based style to a defensive long ball team it’s a total embarrassment. This could end very ugly. 

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So what will Lakey and the like say to excuse this utter sh*te? Zero point in us getting promoted

Zero point if the club sell our best player.

To anyone who thinks it’ll be easy in the championship, I doubt this team would be much above mid table. The two players who carried us last time are no longer there.

Get ready for mid championship mediocrity.

11 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

No need to overreact. Every man and his dog knew we were gonna lose today. For me I was mainly hoping for a strong performance at the very least, or a few good individual performances. Not looking likely thus far.

i have never seen a Norwich team That can not even compete in the top level before with any other Manager in charge in the PL

Yes i have seen us lose many in the top flight over the years but we have always given people a Game

we will lose against top side yes we are one of the weakest teams in Division  yes

But Farke and webber Teams  in the PL can not even compete ! 

Edited by norfolkngood

When I went to the game in 2011/12, we looked superb against Chelsea. We competed, had a system and were 1-1 for much of the game. We lost 3-1 when Ruddy got sent off and we conceded two late goals, but could have been different if Torres was sent off earlier. Chelsea that season won the Champions League. But we actually tried to compete against them.

This, on the other hand, is utter garbage. No system, no effort, no ideas and no excuses. Pathetic. 

• Like 4