Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Arsenal Villa

21 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Mings is at it again. Getting away with it at the moment but hard to believe he'll last 90 minutes. 

Smith-Rowe outstanding for Arsenal 

Filthy player. 

And now another stupid VAR decision. I despair. 

Not sure why someone above has singled out Emi. He's certainly no worse than any of the others. 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not sure why someone above has singled out Emi. He's certainly no worse than any of the others. 

Much more expensive than all the others though.

Maybe I am in the minority but I struggle with that penalty. Not massive contact and lacazette having felt the touch then throws himself to the ground theoretically and the VAR goes for it. Seems like we are moving back to that dangerous territory of any touch on the attacker equates a penalty. I’m sure others will have a different view. 

• Like 3

Emi looks like it's all a bit too hard for him. Not enough commitment/strength to make his touches stick. No energy when closing down opponents either. Not very impressed at the moment.

I think Emi is looking like a man trying to get used to a system that isn’t built around him.

he’s a great player and will settle but Villa look a little confused at the moment given their outlay. 

I pretty much detest Mings. Always pretending to show care after he has nibbled at a player or rough handled him. Carragher was right (he has seen this kind of play before many times). How he is selected for England is confounding.

As for Emi he really looks lost (as he was with us mostly in the PL). But this Villa team has been completely outplayed so far by an excellent Arsenal team.

Just thinking about it a bit more as I type, in fact, I would go as far to say Mings is one player I dislike the most (since the days of Muscat, Hamann...). Would like to see another yellow card.

• Like 2

that dangerous territory of any touch on the attacker equates a penalty.

This. Like that overused phase on motd. He got touched so had the right to go down. 

A touch is not always a foul. You're playing football not IT

This looks like a side not playing for their manager, wouldn't be surprised to see his 'next manager sacked' odds slashed. 

22 minutes ago, Big O said:

I think Emi is looking like a man trying to get used to a system that isn’t built around him.

he’s a great player and will settle but Villa look a little confused at the moment given their outlay. 

i think Villa are getting used to not having Grealish 

their team was give it to jack and let him do his thing most or their play went through him

we had it with Hucks nearly everything went through him

Just now, norfolkngood said:

i think Villa are getting used to not having Grealish 

their team was give it to jack and let him do his thing most or their play went through him

we had it with Hucks nearly everything went through him

I have to say just how much I loved watching Norwich with Hucks in the team. I know the game has changed but watching him get it on the halfway line from Adam Drury and then opposition full back cr&ping himself as hucks got going and his teammates all charged back to help him. Great times 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Big O said:

I have to say just how much I loved watching Norwich with Hucks in the team. I know the game has changed but watching him get it on the halfway line from Adam Drury and then opposition full back cr&ping himself as hucks got going and his teammates all charged back to help him. Great times 

yes it was Great ! 

And Not many could stop it either !! you knew what was going to happen but stopping it was not so easy for other teams 

but i think we lacked balance but it worked so i am not complaining

if we had ruel on the other wing now that would have been good !! 

35 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Emi looks like it's all a bit too hard for him. Not enough commitment/strength to make his touches stick. No energy when closing down opponents either. Not very impressed at the moment.

My stepsons are Villa the one that lives with us just launched a torrent of abuse at Emi, and after it just seemed he had a strop when withdrawn being absoloutely crucified on the Villa sites.

They want their manager out to lol

28 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

that dangerous territory of any touch on the attacker equates a penalty.

This. Like that overused phase on motd. He got touched so had the right to go down. 

A touch is not always a foul. You're playing football not IT

The trouble is when you view replays in slow motion if there is a touch then it looks like a foul. It loses context. 

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

And now another stupid VAR decision. I despair. 

Perhaps a Norwich city fan writing on a Norwich city website is commenting about an ex Norwich City player.

I guess the only sort of people who would have a problem with that are those who deify Buendia on here (I'm sure you know the sort of person I'm talking about dylan 😉 )

8 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

The trouble is when you view replays in slow motion if there is a touch then it looks like a foul. It loses context. 

It’s a tackle from ‘behind’. Of course it’s a penalty.

17 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

It’s a tackle from ‘behind’. Of course it’s a penalty.

When the Villa defender pulled back his leg to strike the ball he had a clear strike at it. From the side Lacazet deliberately placed his foot between the ball and the swinging foot. He had no intention of playing the ball, he was simply putting his foot in a position where the Villa defender couldn't avoid kicking it. I'd hoped that VAR would stop that sort of thing but it hasn't. Last night was the best example of why someone like Grant Holt should be sitting with the VAR official. 

• Like 1

Fans turning on Emi, my uncle and cousin are Villa fans and are wondering what's going on. They know he's decent because they always keep an eye on Norwich and watch when they can, but say he looks a shadow of the player we had and not worth 3 million, never mind 33.

Such a shame. He has all that cash for sure, but I can't help feeling that if he'd have stayed put we'd all have had much more enjoyable starts to the season. Probably Villa included.

They would have been better off buying Cantwell. Maybe we can mug them off again in January 😂

Looks like Smith is being found out now and Villa are finding their level without Grealish. 

Expect another sacking soon.

Emi lowest rated player on bbc website.

I know it’s quite pathetic but I am taking joy in seeing him struggle there. Especially as have loads of Villa supporting work colleagues and some of my limited football joy comes from hearing them crying over Grealish and moaning about what a waste o money Buendia was 

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Fans turning on Emi, my uncle and cousin are Villa fans and are wondering what's going on. They know he's decent because they always keep an eye on Norwich and watch when they can, but say he looks a shadow of the player we had and not worth 3 million, never mind 33.

Such a shame. He has all that cash for sure, but I can't help feeling that if he'd have stayed put we'd all have had much more enjoyable starts to the season. Probably Villa included.

The boy was the major fish in a small pond at FCR. Moment he signed for Villa, he became 'just another fish' in the 'vast' pond that is AVFC. I've said it before but it seems many on here need reminding that we have one of the most passive and laid back set of fans in the country (certainly in the PL). Buendia does not help himself with his 'strops'. If he continues down that path then he will quickly become a forgotten figure and shipped out by Villa.