Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell to play for our under 23's

4 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Hope he smashes it and gets back to the 1st team soon

Likewise!

Correct me if wrong, but considering we don't usually nurture players returning from a fairly short layoff (like 5/6 weeks?) via the U23s then I'm interested to see if this means he is further away from a first team start / sub appearance, or closer. I'm hopeful it just means Farke wants to kick start a bit of match fitness into him before he plays next weekend. That is probably the best case scenario admittedly.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

49 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Not one to moan usually but there is a thread about Todd already.

I’m not sure this is the forum for you.

• Haha 7

38 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Likewise!

Correct me if wrong, but considering we don't usually nurture players returning from a fairly short layoff (like 5/6 weeks?) via the U23s then I'm interested to see if this means he is further away from a first team start / sub appearance, or closer. I'm hopeful it just means Farke wants to kick start a bit of match fitness into him before he plays next weekend. That is probably the best case scenario admittedly.

I think he'll be back properly next week

He should be joined by other first teamers who are given limited opportunity to play currently.  Mumba, Sorensen,  Dowell and Omodanibele come to mind but Friday fixtures are questionable.

I would guess some of the nearer fringe players don't play incase one the first team squad gets ill (Or sufferers one of those freak accident when opening a car door etc) and has to drafted in to replace. 

This would be more likely for a home  / closer to home away game.