Midlands Yellow

Chelsea Predictions

1-0 to us and will kick start our season and see us avoiding relegation (at least that is what my heart is telling me and I'm praying for!)

• Like 2

Hopefully we defend well, keep it down to one or two so as not to effect the small steps forwards weve made.

If Lukaku and Werner are both missing, we could give them problems on the counter. At the same time, we gave Arsenal plenty to think about at the Emirates, and whilst they did clock up 30 shots, many were from distance and a lot were also blocked.

I doubt we'll have much more than 35% possession, but I think we'll play a similar way to how we did against Brighton. Thought we looked defensively quite good against Brighton last week as you're not going to completely shut out Premier League teams as a promoted outfit. The longer it remains 0-0, the more Tuchel will have to think of pushing up.

Initial instinct is one of those battling 1-0 defeats, or a 2-0 defeat where we get caught late looking for an equaliser.

More confident of getting something out of this than I was of the Watford home game. Chelsea missing key players and a midweek game. We're only missing TC and performances have been slowly improving.

Smash and grab. 1-0

Sargent through on counter, Rudiger scythes him down. VAR rules challenge was in the box. Todd Cantwell appears with Will Ferrell down the tunnel carrying an otter and being chased by Chevy chase dressed as a farmer. Farke subs Pukki and gives Todd the penalty which he despatches in the Panenka style. And all was well in the world. Or something like that.

• Like 3

Given our recent form and likely formation I'd say 'Norwich 0' is pretty inevitable. We might keep Chelsea down to 2 or 3 though.

I thought I was going to be the only bold one and say we could get something but apparently not - where is all this totally unjustified positivity coming from...?!  

The result is so obviously going to be a Chelsea win that it somehow isn't any more. Its like when you stare at a word for so long it no longer makes sense. 

Though Chelsea have been iffy of late got very lucky against Brentford, played in midweek, lost Lukaku and Werner, whilst we have been steadily improving. I genuinely think this could be set up perfectly for an upset.

Can see a 1-0 win, 0-0 draw, or 0-1 loss. Let's go for the 1-0 win, we need the points more than they do!

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Lots of positivity I see, grab some of the 19/1 available on Betfair to make the win sweeter. 

I will be! I will also be backing 0-0 and 1-0 Chelsea though...

I predict that if we lose there will be some threads started by DCB and Vince saying that we are the worst team ever etc etc. And fred will suggest at we gat a Chinese billionaire investor!

• Haha 1

I assume that we'll play the same team, and it's hard to see us creating much with that formation. Obviously I think most of us would take a 0-0. 

Interesting question is what happens if / when we go behind. I think I'd be really tempted to try a 3-4-2-1 formation with two of Rashica, Sargent, Dowell and Tzolis in behind Pukki. Leeds (h) is an absolute must-win and if we need to be a bit more ambitious to win that game it would be a shame if that day was the first time we've tried it. Would like to give it 20 or 30 mins to see if it can work.

Obviously if it's still 0-0 with 20 minutes left at the Bridge we'll be looking to hold on for a morale-boosting point. But if the game is lost at that stage I'd like to see us switching it up.

My first thought is that any team in the EPL going to take on Chelsea at home will see that fixture as a serious challenge. They may be without 2 of their first choice strikers, but they have some pretty outstanding players to step in. Recently we have established an improved defence but not to the extent that we are likely to keep a clean sheet and our scoring record so far doesn’t encourage a lot of confidence. 
On the face of it we could get a right tonking, but my heart still hopes that we can keep the score down or even scrape a draw. Happy to be wrong but 2 - 0 to Chelsea. 

This is the proverbial free hit. Not expected to pick up points, not expected to score. I think Chelsea's defence is class, whoever they put out and will keep Pukki etc. out. I hope I'm wrong. Whilst we've clearly tightened up of late Chelsea will find a way, 2-0 home win for me

$-0 Chelsea

Edit - Was supposed to be 4-0 Chelsea but capitalised accidentally. Still appropriate though. Capitalised incidentally is what we are going to be...

︎●︎⬧︎︎ 🗐︎ ■︎□︎❒︎⬥︎📁
👍︎☟︎☜︎☹︎💧︎☜︎✌︎ 🗐︎ ☠︎⚐︎☼︎🕈︎👍︎☟︎ 📁

(Thats it in Wingdings for anyone who wanted to know. Happy to help)

Chelsea have the meanest defence at present and we have the worst attack. So I think a zero next to Norwich is guaranteed unless very fortunate. The rest is down to which gear Chelsea play in 

Everything seems set up for a very low scoring game to be honest, we have tightened up our defence with the new system and I think are starting to look very good in that respect whilst Chelsea have not exactly been blowing teams away in the league like Man City or Liverpool. But their defence is very very good indeed. It kind of feels set up for a 0-0 or perhaps even a 1-0 either way, though I think it’ll be either a shock 1-0 to us via Pukki or a 5-0 spanking from Chelsea as Tesco said above. Sod’s law is they’ll find they’re actually better off with Havertz up front rather than Werner and Lukaku, but I do feel we have it in us to cause an upset if we’re on it because when we’re ‘on it’ we do have players capable of playing wonderful football despite what some people will lead you to believe. I have faith in our lads. OTBC

My son went away for the weekend last night but his leaving comment when I reminded him of the 12.30 kick off time was "at least we can get our disappointment out of the way earlier then".....which upon reflection will at least be a (kind of) positive to come out of it.😳

Farke summed up nicely the challenge: “We know that we face the toughest task in word football; world class coach, world class players, reigning Champions League winners, top of the best league in the world. It couldn't be harder but we're looking forward to this game.”

So in some ways today is a free hit but I expect us to give it a real go. Among the many reasons I’d love to get a draw or even a win is to wipe the smug smile from Mark Lawrenson's face 🤞

• Like 1

Chelsea have a bit of an unreported goalkeeping injury crisis and accordingly have just signed Dave Beasant as a free agent to play today...

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Chelsea have a bit of an unreported goalkeeping injury crisis and accordingly have just signed Dave Beasant as a free agent to play today...

Excellent. In that case let’s wheel Dave Phillips out of retirement so we can use his magical disappearing ball shot as our secret weapon 🤓

Skip to 1:40 to see the best goal ever! 

Edited by Canary Jedi