Sign in to follow this  
Sami

Why there is always some players out of the team?

Like we call it in Finland = Player is in coach's dog kennel. (coach can't get along) 

Drmic, Trybull, Leitner, Klose, Cantwell. What makes the player suddenly so bad that they does not fit in the team anymore. Is this typical in England or only in Norwich?

Edited by Sami

At a wild guess, something to do with a squad of 25 (plus youngsters) and a match-day team and bench of 18 players?

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

At a wild guess, something to do with a squad of 25 (plus youngsters) and a match-day team and bench of 18 players?

😂 Had assumed OP was talking about hitherto first-team players being frozen out of selection rather than why aren’t we fielding 25-strong teams 😂

Incidentally, we also say "in the doghouse" for that. Pretty amused that Finnish, a language that is a very long way away from the Germanic languages, has a phrase which means the same when literally translated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Incidentally, we also say "in the doghouse" for that. Pretty amused that Finnish, a language that is a very long way away from the Germanic languages, has a phrase which means the same when literally translated.

Me too although thinking about it, just like words, phrases & proverbs can be borrowed into languages

3 hours ago, Sami said:

Like we call it in Finland = Player is in coach's dog kennel. (coach can't get along) 

Drmic, Trybull, Leitner, Klose, Cantwell. What makes the player suddenly so bad that they does not fit in the team anymore. Is this typical in England or only in Norwich?

Only two players i can think off were in the doghouse, Leitner and Oliveira and both for good reason. 

Of the rest, Klose was injured which set him back too much. Trybull was not quite considered good enough, Drmic wasn't frozen out - he just wasn't any good. Cantwell we don't really know what is going on there to say he is being frozen out.  

Maybe better word would be squad instead of team. These players does not have been allowed even to be on the first team training. Of course I have heard it before that players have got too high salaries and coach want to get rid of them. So I am still wondering that if it is Farke who does not forgive if somebody has criticized him or the team lead. Maybe Farke is too arrogant? One per season is ok but not half of the squad per every season. Like Cantwell. It is ok to want to be on bigger team but if that is the issue let him still practice and play! You can give him fines for stupid behavior but let him play. We need best players on the field. Cantwell = creativity and surprise. 

Was Buendia also out of the squad because of behavior? Or was here suspended?. Don´t remember anymore.

59 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

😂 Had assumed OP was talking about hitherto first-team players being frozen out of selection rather than why aren’t we fielding 25-strong teams 😂

I don’t know though, it’s a tactic worth considering. Could we smuggle an extra couple of players onto the pitch? 🤔

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sami said:

Was Buendia also out of the squad because of behavior? Or was here suspended?. Don´t remember anymore.

Buendia and Cantwell were left out at the start of out last year because of transfer speculation and them apparently losing focus, but it was very short term.  I think it is the same for any player and this is where Farke is so consistent - players have to be 100% on board with their attitude or they will be left out. 

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Drmic wasn't frozen out - he just wasn't any good. 

Drmic was absolutely frozen out. Remember last season when he didn't even make the bench during the injury crisis and we ended up playing Steipermann up front and a substitution list full of youngsters? 

And I don't recall exactly how Trybull fell out of the team, but considering he still seemed capable of offering something it did seem a bit cut throat. 

Not that I feel we are missing either of those players now at all, of course!

Also on the OP, it is far too early to put Cantwell in the same bracket, if he did end up frozen out I imagine there would be an absolute clamour of fans asking questions. We all know he is good enough and he offers something totally different to our other attacking midfielders. I really hope he is back soon.

30 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Drmic was absolutely frozen out. Remember last season when he didn't even make the bench during the injury crisis and we ended up playing Steipermann up front and a substitution list full of youngsters?

Yes, but I thought that was more that he just wasn't any good, rather than being frozen out because of attitude.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Yes, but I thought that was more that he just wasn't any good, rather than being frozen out because of attitude.

Fair enough, but seems a bit more than just 'not good enough' considering we chose to play Steipermann upfront and a bunch of youngsters on the bench over him - he clearly wasn't that bad!

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Fair enough, but seems a bit more than just 'not good enough' considering we chose to play Steipermann upfront and a bunch of youngsters on the bench over him - he clearly wasn't that bad!

Finding it hard to remember one single shot he had that was on target in the whole time he was here - he seemed to fluff every single one.  Yes, a couple tap ins, a few decent outfield touches, but overall, he looked pretty inept.....made RVW look like a star, in comparison.

Wasn't it Drmic who got that horrific "assist" passing it to the opposition in front of our own box after a throw in(?) during our momentous 10-game streak? I wondered was his attitude questionable during or after that forgettable series of matches. Maybe he had a few choice words to share? Even when Pukki was clearly running on empty after Christmas, he never really got a look in until the post-lockdown period when everyone bar Hernandez stank the place out.

6 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I don’t know though, it’s a tactic worth considering. Could we smuggle an extra couple of players onto the pitch? 🤔

Wes Hoolahan and Paul McVeigh? both hard to spot beyond 12 yards.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

And I don't recall exactly how Trybull fell out of the team, but considering he still seemed capable of offering something it did seem a bit cut throat. 

Not that I feel we are missing either of those players now at all, of course!

Also on the OP, it is far too early to put Cantwell in the same bracket, if he did end up frozen out I imagine there would be an absolute clamour of fans asking questions. We all know he is good enough and he offers something totally different to our other attacking midfielders. I really hope he is back soon.

Oliveira and Watkins spring to my mind. Grabban moved on quickly. Sergi Canos also moved on quickly. Dani Ayala and that Miquel guy from Arsenal didnt last long either