Harry53

Todd not training? WTF is going on?

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Farke was probably trying to take attention away from Todd by saying he was injured... once Cantwell said he wasn't it left Farke with no option but to tell the truth.

If you want to get in the 1st team, you have to train hard and train consistent. If you don't you are showing zero respect to your team mates and how can we expect them to train well, if Cantwell is not but still getting picked.

He needs to sort himself out, train hard, shut up and get back in the side on merit. If he doesn't do that, sell him but if he thinks it would be any different at other clubs he is clearly deluded.

Pity own of our own seems to have such a cr8p attitude. With Farke 100% all the way on this...

Maybe, but if Farke was a better man manager would this have happened? His value is plummeting, which won't be going down well in the boardroom. It's a mess that's needs sorting out, but Farke - or any manager in the modern game - can't go round saying players are injured when they are not. Those days have completely gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

So odd. Farke’s almost hinting a move away from the type of player Cantwell is. This doesn’t read well to me. It’s a damn shame. 

Agree.

We have 2 points in 8 games.

And our best player is playing against Birmingham U21.

The best player this season is the property of Rostov.

Its a bit depresing

5 minutes ago, komakino said:

Farke - or any manager in the modern game - can't go round saying players are injured when they are not. Those days have completely gone. 

Has he got the scans to show ?  😄 

He's been out for a very good reason. I trust that Farke is doing everything in his power to support one of our younger stars. 

Everyone should get off his back and stop the speculation. We've got plenty of players in the squad. 

Farke seems to be losing the plot. We need our best players in and around the team. The overall squad management is verging on the disastrous. With Skipp and Buendia gone, we needed to be building the team around our best remaining players. Instead he's made the attacking midfield positions redundant and shoved our best attacking midfielder in the reserves. With Gilmour ineligible there's another space on the bench. Bonkers. 

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Playing in the U23's is the usual method of getting some match fitness for a player who has missed some training and games.

Yup, look at Stiepermann he went through the very same

6 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Farke seems to be losing the plot. We need our best players in and around the team. The overall squad management is verging on the disastrous. With Skipp and Buendia gone, we needed to be building the team around our best remaining players. Instead he's made the attacking midfield positions redundant and shoved our best attacking midfielder in the reserves. With Gilmour ineligible there's another space on the bench. Bonkers. 

I'm not going to re-paste what I said to your evolution of Farkeball thread, but this is an overreaction. Have patience Petriix! Farke spoke about our progress today in the press conference:

''You have to build your game step by step. We wanted to be more solid. We have done this. Now we want to create more chances.''

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I personally don't think anyone has lied on the issue.

Do we know if Todd was saying 'I've not been injured at all', or simply 'not injured at this moment in time'?

If the latter then it pretty obviously explains the discrepancy; Todd missed several training sessions due to niggles, fell out of contention and lost match sharpness. Todd has since recovered, now feels he could be playing but Farke sees him as 98% (i.e. not still injured but not fully ready for premier league football). I think the fact we are seeing him play for the U23s tonight backs this up, Farke also talks of a process needed to bring him back. 

image.png.0e939dc8c9f30010bdee584ffa9f1b8e.png

Just found this quote from CS as well, which seems to suggest the same thing. I don't think anyone has lied about the injury situation. 

The other concern here is that Cantwell not being involved is hurting his value right now. We were talking about £30/40m plus this summer, him not being involved will tank his value over time.

I do worry about Farke's man management at time- he seems to fall out with a lot of players. I get he has high standards but you also have to manage different individuals differently. You can get away with it when you're winning but when you're bottom of the league, leaving your best attacker out due to differences over training will raise questions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I'm not going to re-paste what I said to your evolution of Farkeball thread, but this is an overreaction. Have patience Petriix! Farke spoke about our progress today in the press conference:

''You have to build your game step by step. We wanted to be more solid. We have done this. Now we want to create more chances.''

I wasn't really expecting Todd to start at Chelsea, but not having him training with the first team or even in the squad seems totally backwards.

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Have to say, a quick read through this and it's a little sad that blokes in their 30's, 40's and over are speculating over what's wrong with a 21 year old, whilst jumping to conclusions that it could be his sexuality, based no nothing more than the fact he has long blonde hair, presumably.

He's 23, almost 24.

The fact that you just wildly assume that he's so much younger might give some weight to those who think that he needs to grow up a bit? 

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's 23, almost 24.

The fact that you just wildly assume that he's so much younger might give some weight to those who think that he needs to grow up a bit? 

I'm not sure why you think the age difference in just 2 years between 21 and 23 is so significant? Find your first pubic hair at 22? 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
Can't say pub3??

Bit of a defensive reply from Todd before it was swiftly deleted...

All very odd how we seem to implode as a club some way every time we go up. We must struggle with the limelight or something.

Screenshot_20211022-153241_Chrome.jpg

38 minutes ago, Olano said:

Agree.

We have 2 points in 8 games.

And our best player is playing against Birmingham U21.

The best player this season is the property of Rostov.

Its a bit depresing

Best player?

Hardly.

Farke has been very good with players who lose their way and it's not rocket science - Todd knows that Farke insists on 100% in training - and if other players are fitter and showing 100% good attitude 100% of the time, then he has some work to do to match them.  Dowell/Rashica/Tzolis are all fighting for a similar place in the team, which is as it should be - and they are all talented and as far as I know, fully focussed, unlike, it seems, Todd.  

So he has to step up and do his talking on the training pitch and show he is match fit in the u23's or wherever and work his way back in.  No free lunches in a Farke squad and if a player doesn't like it then they won't get near the team again in a hurry, as Oliveira and Leitner would testify. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

All very odd how we seem to implode as a club some way every time we go up. We must struggle with the limelight or something.

Why would he bother tweeting that and then deleting it?

He's loving the attention and drama, that's why.

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I'm not sure why you think the age difference in just 2 years between 21 and 23 is so significant? Find your first pubic hair at 22? 

I found your mums pubic hair stuck to the roof of my mouth at 22.

2 years is a significant length of time when its almost 3 years and we're talking about a 15 year career.

• Haha 2

So basically Farke should stop trying to get Cantwell to actually turn up and do his job yeah? He should allow him to play despite not being in the preparations for the games? 

He is 23 and needs to realise what being a top player is... (eg Staying at home if you have ankle issues rather than travelling to watch an NFL game?)

You think a unfit Cantwell would help win us more points and it he is not fit how do you think that will change if he is tweeting from a West London restaurant on a Thursday night? 

He 100% needs to grow up. Two seasons running... its getting tiresome.

Edited by Kenny Foggo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

Or he's pissed off with all the speculation. From the start it was a personal issue and if what Pugin has said in another thread (https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/144442-the-end-of-life-pathway/) then there are a lot of you here that are quite simply a bunch of idiots

3 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Or he's pissed off with all the speculation. From the start it was a personal issue and if what Pugin has said in another thread (https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/144442-the-end-of-life-pathway/) then there are a lot of you here that are quite simply a bunch of idiots

If he's pissed off with the speculation then leaving it up instead of deleting it perhaps would be a good idea?

6 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

it's maybe the opposite of that and he's just not great at ignoring the noise. I'd imagine it's fairly damaging to his ego having all this going on. Just hope he can ignore the noise and get his place back in the side. He seems a decent bloke, just dealing with coming a long way in a short time. 3 years ago nobody in league 2 would go near him on loan, now he's being touted with £40m moves and subject to a lot of attention left right and centre for whatever reasons.

3 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

If he's pissed off with the speculation then leaving it up instead of deleting it perhaps would be a good idea?

Probably got asked to take it down. You never rage posted before? 

11 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Can someone clarify for me, as I don’t use Twitter, is Todd replying to Norwich City FC above in relation to the press conference? I’m slightly confused and I’m only 37!

Just now, Danke bitte said:

Can someone clarify for me, as I don’t use Twitter, is Todd replying to Norwich City FC above in relation to the press conference? I’m slightly confused and I’m only 37!

No, he's responding to someone who has tagged both him and the NCFC account in one of their tweets. NCFC will see it as a notification though so it's not a hidden response. They will know he posted it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

He's replying to the colotbc person who in turn had replied to official norwich twitter, it was in response to this:-

image.png.4ca99c62d4fa2548e868f094e3e7ae36.png

55 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

But Farke has still stated that Todd was dealing with niggles with his achilles and ankle today, I don't think he is lying

Well he can't be that injured he's playing for the U23s tonight.

I'm not sure that the whole "not 18 anymore comment" isn't being taken the wrong way.

It sounds more to me like he wants to be back on the pitch but isn't fit from the combination of missing a lot of training and a slight ankle issue and Farke is simply saying that he shouldn't have to explain to a player why he isn't getting straight back into the action when they are the as old as Todd Cantwell as it should be self evident.

If Cantwell thought he was coming back and going straight in against Chelsea with a dodgy ankle, a not great mental state and looking rusty then Farke would be right in saying "you're not playing and I shouldn't have to explain why as you are old enough and should have the professionalism to admit you shouldn't be playing". 

Despite that, if my interpretation is correct, that makes Todd less of man throwing his toys out the pram, than one desperate to be on the pitch for Norwich city, and who has had the gauntlet laid down for him by Farke.

That's just how I read that interview.

This whole situation just appears to have been managed horrendously. The effect is we are missing a key player for a run of important and winnable games. Not impressed with anyone involved in it. Ridiculous. 

• Like 1