Harry53

Todd not training? WTF is going on?

Todd’s attitude has probably got the better of him, again.

Also, from what I’ve seen so far this season, he’s lightweight on the ball and the opposition don’t fall for his tricks, so he becomes stroppy and a liability.

I guess I feel Todd is a poor man’s Cristiano Ronaldo.

He simply needs to get his act together and step up.

21 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'll back Farke over this little princess any day of the week. The truth is that Cantwell needs to grow up, acts like a teenager and he's almost 24. 

Any reason for calling him a princess? 

Something to do with the fact you think he's gay? 

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

So, to summarise, Todd has been going through a rough time at home, understandably that has impacted him and his focus. Within the same period, he has been dealing with some little niggles that have caused him to miss training, he isn't "out injured", but he isn't ready for a Premier League game. He's turning out for the u23s this evening to help him reach that level of readiness and a couple of solid full weeks of training will help him massively. 

Hopefully he's back in the first team squad shortly then. 

Agree with this. What I don't agree with is people wanting him involved despite the fact he isn't in a physical or mental state to play Premier League football. DF has had the success here that he has through having high standards in training and demanding hard work and application from his players as well as a high level of fitness. Not sure how it's been badly managed either, if you're not in the right shape to play then you don't play, particularly if you've missed many training sessions. All pretty straightforward for me.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Any reason for calling him a princess? 

Something to do with the fact you think he's gay? 

Why are you conflating sexuality with gender? 

Very backwards. I suppose you think all gay men are effeminate or 'camp' do you? 

4 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Agree with this. What I do t agree with is people wantig him involved despite the fact he isn't in a physical or mental state to play Premier League football.

Cantwell has just said he is mentally fine! 

2 hours ago, king canary said:

The other concern here is that Cantwell not being involved is hurting his value right now. We were talking about £30/40m plus this summer, him not being involved will tank his value over time.

I do worry about Farke's man management at time- he seems to fall out with a lot of players. I get he has high standards but you also have to manage different individuals differently. You can get away with it when you're winning but when you're bottom of the league, leaving your best attacker out due to differences over training will raise questions.

Dunno, Farkes record has been pretty top drawer on this when you look at what effect man management has generally had on us. He got huge criticism for leaving Todd and Emi out start of last season, and they both came back and played excellent football and were major factors in winning us the title.

Farkes standards have delivered us two titles in consecutive championship seasons, so im willing to go with it again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Cantwell has just said he is mentally fine! 

He's said he doesn't have mental health issues, that doesn't mean his head is right to play for Norwich City, potentially very different  things.

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why are you conflating sexuality with gender? 

Very backwards. I suppose you think all gay men are effeminate or 'camp' do you? 

No, look carefully, I'm asking you why you called him a princess. 

And suggesting a reason in your line of thinking. 

6 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

No, look carefully, I'm asking you why you called him a princess. 

And suggesting a reason in your line of thinking. 

Because he is effeminate and pretty like your typical Disney Princess.

I find it highly odd that you would equate homosexuality with princesses, do you think that all gay men are cross dressers or are confused about their gender? Go back to the 70s you dinosaur, Hitzlesperger would have two footed you into next week. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I don't really see if he's 'having a bad time at home' or such like, has much to do with his ability to play. Footballers are Professionals who should put things to one side. 

A Clough or Fergie wouldn't stand for that. They would be told to get their act together or be placed on the transfer list. 

It might be a case of six of one here, as Todd might think that even if he was fit and functioning, Farke's cautious approach to games means he won't get a look in anyway, except a brief cameo and he knows his future at his boyhood club is almost over - unless Farke is sacked. 

Whatever is going on, he has got the talent. The question is 'is there still a platform for him to use it?'

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I find it highly odd that you would equate homosexuality with princesses, do you think that all gay men are cross dressers or are confused about their gender? Go back to the 70s you dinosaur, Hitzlesperger would have two footed you into next week. 

Effeminate? In what way? 

You think he's gay, effeminate and pretty so you call him a princess.

And you think I've got problems? 

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

Lol, what sort of reply is that.

Ohh I don't know. I was bored but I still felt the need to reply for some reason.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, komakino said:

I don't really see if he's 'having a bad time at home' or such like, has much to do with his ability to play. Footballers are Professionals who should put things to one side. 

A Clough or Fergie wouldn't stand for that. They would be told to get their act together or be placed on the transfer list. 

It might be a case of six of one here, as Todd might think that even if he was fit and functioning, Farke's cautious approach to games means he won't get a look in anyway, except a brief cameo and he knows his future at his boyhood club is almost over - unless Farke is sacked. 

Whatever is going on, he has got the talent. The question is 'is there still a platform for him to use it?'

If this continues to go badly then Farke has wiped several million off Todd's transfer value. 

It's so frustrating because this is the very last thing we wanted this season having lost our best player in Emi.

29 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Probably not quite as far as Cantwell would two foot you, to be fair.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's 23, almost 24.

The fact that you just wildly assume that he's so much younger might give some weight to those who think that he needs to grow up a bit? 

"Wildly assuming" a difference of 24 months doesn't really alter the point I was making,  however

58 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Effeminate? In what way? 

You think he's gay, effeminate and pretty so you call him a princess.

And you think I've got problems? 

Please tell me where I've said I think he is gay.

I don't have conversations with people who make things up, I have never stated that I believe Cantwell is gay.

Up to me if I find Todd Cantwell pretty really isn't it mate, I don't think that is something for you to have an issue with in the 21st century, got no time for your antiquated views, this is the UK not Alabama.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

"Wildly assuming" a difference of 24 months doesn't really alter the point I was making,  however

Not for the first time, his head's gone in this thread. It's not quite as bad as his public foreplay with Buh the other week, but it's still a pretty entertaining spectacle.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, komakino said:

You've not really grasped the complexities surrounding mental health issues that haven't been out of the news for the last few years, have you.

2 hours ago, CirclePoint said:

I guess I feel Todd is a poor man’s Cristiano Ronaldo.

Despite being a wildly different type of player? Ronaldo is all about scoring goals, Cantwell creating. Ronaldo is a unit, fast, strong and a beast in the air. Cantwell is none of those. (I think Cantwell is good but I don't get the Ronaldo reference).

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

GOAL GOAL GOAL GOALLLLLLLL TODD CANTWELL

I wonder who the U23 designated penalty taker is, and why he didnt take it?! 

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I wonder who the U23 designated penalty taker is, and why he didnt take it?! 

Kamara has been putting them home for U23's. 

No idea why he didn't take it, is it that curious?  Maybe they felt Todd could do with a confidence boost through whatever he's been dealing with?

Edit: Just seen that Kamara won the penalty too. lol

Edited by Google Bot

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

No idea why he didn't take it, is it that curious?  Maybe they felt Todd could do with a confidence boost through whatever he's been dealing with?

Dickson Peters normally takes the pens too doesn't he? I may be wrong 

13 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Given what happened when Tzolis took and subsequently missed  the pen against Liverpool and the following comments made by Farke. 

Especially given that Kamara won the pen too, he may feel a little aggrieved. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Given what happened when Tzolis took and subsequently missed  the pen against Liverpool and the following comments made by Farke. 

Especially given that Kamara won the pen too, he may feel a little aggrieved. 

I'm pretty sure if a first team player is gaining confidence and form in an attacking position for the u23s Farke likely insisted Cantwell was on all set pieces.

Thats pretty standard if you've ever watched u23 football, so in that sense this is nothing unique 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I'm pretty sure if a first team player is gaining confidence and form in an attacking position for the u23s Farke likely insisted Cantwell was on all set pieces.

Thats pretty standard if you've ever watched u23 football, so in that sense this is nothing unique 

Fair comment Hoggy. Just feel sorry for the usual taker,  but yep is all agreed before hand, or is the norm, then seems resonable. 

I havent watched U23's (or reserves) for a while now. Done a couple 4- 5 years ago, but its mainly National league (Dagenham & Redbridge, when I get a chance) or my sons Sunday league team. Now thats a totally different ball game! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, think he’s skipper too. Probably on throw ins and goal kicks too, like an u11’s manager’s son on a Sunday morning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Yeah, think he’s skipper too. Probably on throw ins and goal kicks too, like an u11’s manager’s son on a Sunday morning. 

Made me laugh but you're spot on. That's what happens in every team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Please tell me where I've said I think he is gay.

I don't have conversations with people who make things up, I have never stated that I believe Cantwell is gay.

Up to me if I find Todd Cantwell pretty really isn't it mate, I don't think that is something for you to have an issue with in the 21st century, got no time for your antiquated views, this is the UK not Alabama.

What views? That's something you've made up. Just questioning your constant name calling and abuse. You obviously think that's very current and non princess-like.