Harry53

Todd not training? WTF is going on?

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

This whole situation just appears to have been managed horrendously. The effect is we are missing a key player for a run of important and winnable games. Not impressed with anyone involved in it. Ridiculous. 

Well wtf do you know? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well he can't be that injured he's playing for the U23s tonight.

Yeah but there's a clear difference between fit enough for a glorified kick around and fit enough to play Chelsea away.

So, to summarise, Todd has been going through a rough time at home, understandably that has impacted him and his focus. Within the same period, he has been dealing with some little niggles that have caused him to miss training, he isn't "out injured", but he isn't ready for a Premier League game. He's turning out for the u23s this evening to help him reach that level of readiness and a couple of solid full weeks of training will help him massively. 

Hopefully he's back in the first team squad shortly then. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Can someone clarify for me, as I don’t use Twitter, is Todd replying to Norwich City FC above in relation to the press conference? I’m slightly confused and I’m only 37!

someone assumed he had mental health issues in reply to the club tweet and basically wished him well so Todd then posted that to say it was nothing to do with his mental health...

Who knows... far from ideal whatever it is. Imagine we'd had him firing on all cylinders for that Brighton game? might have got a winning goal out of it.

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

So, to summarise, Todd has been going through a rough time at home, understandably that has impacted him and his focus. Within the same period, he has been dealing with some little niggles that have caused him to miss training, he isn't "out injured", but he isn't ready for a Premier League game. He's turning out for the u23s this evening to help him reach that level of readiness and a couple of solid full weeks of training will help him massively. 

Yes, this sums it up perfectly

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well he can't be that injured he's playing for the U23s tonight.

But why would Farke lie about it and then have him play for the U23s?

I don't think Farke has said that he's injured right now has he? He said Cantwell been dealing with injuries and personal issues and thus missed training sessions over the past couple of months

I'm not sure why he wasn't in for training yesterday, however I don't think Farke has said he specifically missed that session because he was injured.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I don't think Farke has said that he's injured right now has he? He said Cantwell been dealing with injuries and personal issues and thus missed training sessions over the past couple of months

I'm not sure why he wasn't in for training yesterday, however I don't think Farke has said he specifically missed that session because he was injured.

Not sure what I believe about Farke anymore tbh. He's not one to get in a spat with as history shows there is no way back.

5 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

He wasn't training with the first team, he may have been training with the U23's to prepare for playing with them tonight.

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

Can't we all get behind our lads instead of kicking a man while he's down?

That's what the vast silent majority are doing.   I wouldn't be fooled into thinking insecure loons who post online are in any way a majority opinion, they're just feeding an addiction.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

That's what the vast silent majority are doing.   I wouldn't be fooled into thinking insecure loons who post online are in any way a majority opinion, they're just feeding an addiction.

The irony of posting that on a forum...... ☺ 😂 

Just now, Greavsy said:

The irony of posting that on a forum...... ☺ 😂 

...whilst sat in a straight jacket too.  😉

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

...whilst sat in a straight jacket too.  😉

In a padded cell...... 

49 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Well wtf do you know? 

Good management means not having these problems over and over with different players 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Can't we all get behind our lads instead of kicking a man while he's down?

No.

And I'd like to welcome you to this forum.

And every forum everywhere.

Including the one in Ancient Rome.

1 minute ago, Haus said:

Good management means not having these problems over and over with different players 

Do we have a disproportionate amount, or is just because Farke has been here way longer than the average manager.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He should get used to that, can only see his career going one way, he's made himself a part-time footballer it seems.

Will he also be lining up in the non-league within six years along with Ireland international Idah?!

4 minutes ago, 1902 said:

No.

And I'd like to welcome you to this forum.

And every forum everywhere.

Including the one in Ancient Rome.

Lol, what sort of reply is that.

53 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If this is the case then I'm not sure what is to be gained by a bit of a public dressing down from Farke. If the entirely unverified specualation in another thread is the case then it is entirely understandable he's not fully focused in training and I'm not sure he's going to appreciate a calling out from his manager.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

If this is the case then I'm not sure what is to be gained by a bit of a public dressing down from Farke. If the entirely unverified specualation in another thread is the case then it is entirely understandable he's not fully focused in training and I'm not sure he's going to appreciate a calling out from his manager.

Maybe Farke, fed up with last years issues and now this seasons issues, has decided tough love maybe the answer... Ferguson has these issues over & over.. nobody doubted his man management skills.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Will he also be lining up in the non-league within six years along with Ireland international Idah?!

Not exactly unheard of for young Norwich City forwards to win a few caps then find themselves in non-league is it, see: Adrian Coote, Jamar Loza. 

And before you say that Ireland are far superior to Northern Ireland and Jamaica, make sure you check their current ranking as they are not currently in the top 50!

12 minutes ago, Haus said:

Farke out!

Can't believe people are being critical of Farke in all this.

He will know all of what's going on. If a player's head isn't right and they aren't performing or putting the effort in, then he's got every right to call him out. If Cantwell is OK to go off on jollies to London and NFL games then he can put a shift in in training. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

This is more or less what Farke is saying. So why has he missed training this week? 

Personal issues? This covers a wide range of things but a couple of weeks ago Todd said he felt fine and if it was emotional matters I can't see Farke accusing him of being immature. 

Injury? He's not injured although Farke has used that as a reason for him not playing. Last week it was because of the form of Dowell, although he wasn't played either. 

Bunking off training? No he would have been disciplined and made to apologise to his team mates as previous offenders such as Josh Murphy. 

We don't usually play senior players in the U23's, it's not going to do his transfer value any good and he could pick up another injury. 

Unless we know what is happening people are going to jump to their own conclusions. It sounds like the same thing that happened to Leitner and he has been alienated from the first team squad. Let's hope it doesn't have the same outcome. 

24 minutes ago, Haus said:

I'll back Farke over this little princess any day of the week. The truth is that Cantwell needs to grow up, acts like a teenager and he's almost 24. 

Farke having a go at toughening him up a bit, if he succeeds Cantwell will look back and thank him one day. If he fails then he hasn't got a top level mentality and we move on to the next prospect who might.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not exactly unheard of for young Norwich City forwards to win a few caps then find themselves in non-league is it, see: Adrian Coote, Jamar Loza. 

And before you say that Ireland are far superior to Northern Ireland and Jamaica, make sure you check their current ranking as they are not currently in the top 50!

Ah yes, there's reams of evidence to suggest that Idah is on a similar trajectory to Loza and Coote. And even more to suggest Cantwell should get used to evenings at grounds like The Walks.

Deary me.

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Ah yes, there's reams of evidence to suggest that Idah is on a similar trajectory to Loza and Coote. And even more to suggest Cantwell should get used to evenings at grounds like The Walks.

Deary me.

I do actually see similarities between Coote and Idah.

Excelled at youth level due to having a grown mans body, thrown into mens football to realise that they need the footballing intelligence to go with it.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I do actually see similarities between Coote and Idah.

Excelled at youth level due to having a grown mans body, thrown into mens football to realise that they need the footballing intelligence to go with it.

Cool story bro. I look forward to watching Idah at Trafford Park in a few seasons time 😂

Well i am so Glad to hear Todd does not have any Mental health Issues !

i would not Wish that on Anyone and i am glad that is cleared up and we can now move on 

i think many on her were Genuinely Concern for Todd 

I have watched Todd play at city since he was 12 through the same youth Team with a Nephew of mine ,

My Advice to him would be turn off social media now we know you are ok and get your head down and Play football 

He is one of the only players to make it through that youth teams 

he was running and keeping fit when others were lazying about in close season at youth level and worked harder than most if not all to get to where he is