Harry53

Todd not training? WTF is going on?

39 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

This thread is poor, we're talking about one of our best players here and one of our own! Show the guy some respect. It's not even like its actually funny, is it? 

Given the level of nonsense we're at now I really hope this is resolved soon, either with a clear position stated by Farke or Todd, with some kind of time frame highlighted, or with him returning to at least the subs bench in the next game or two.

Yes he didn't play particularly well early in the season, but who did? We know what he's capable of at this level and if we've got any hope of staying up then he will have a clear part to play. 

I 100% agree with what you are saying. However I kind of partly blame the club, they’ve been so cryptic with what’s going on it invites speculation, it’s unfortunately just human nature.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1

Todd has just posted on his insta story. A tik tok video of his 'keepy uppy' cross against Gillingham in the pre season friendly! 

Have to say, a quick read through this and it's a little sad that blokes in their 30's, 40's and over are speculating over what's wrong with a 21 year old, whilst jumping to conclusions that it could be his sexuality, based no nothing more than the fact he has long blonde hair, presumably.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I 100% agree with what you are saying. However I kind of partly blame the club, they’ve been so cryptic with what’s going on it invites speculation, it’s unfortunately just human nature.

Yeah I agree and can understand the speculation, but the last page or so just descended into taking the **** out of him, not really on. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yeah I agree and can understand the speculation, but the last page or so just descended into taking the **** out of him, not really on. 

i totally Agree and i respect anyone with personal problems or issues 

what i do not get and what is causing a lot of speculation is the Manager is saying he is injured and todd on social media saying he is not injured that is very strange 

if The Club and Todd were saying the exactly same thing nobody would bat a eyelid 

image.png.317f9e539a9fb092a915cc80378699b0.png

image.png.30919398c639f9aa5de6513571760370.png

There we go then. Its not totally clear how much of the missed training schedules in the past couple of months will be due to his personal issues, but the fact there isn't any sympathy from Farke on that matter feels like an indication. I hope Todd can sort himself out ASAP!

Think that's the end of Todd here.

And probably our best hope of avoiding relegation unless someone steps up to the plate bloody soon.

9 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

image.png.317f9e539a9fb092a915cc80378699b0.png

image.png.30919398c639f9aa5de6513571760370.png

There we go then. Its not totally clear how much of the missed training schedules in the past couple of months will be due to his personal issues, but the fact there isn't any sympathy from Farke on that matter feels like an indication. I hope Todd can sort himself out ASAP!

Sounds like Cantwell can't be bothered. Massive shame if that's the case, as the vultures will loom come the transfer window..

So odd. Farke’s almost hinting a move away from the type of player Cantwell is. This doesn’t read well to me. It’s a damn shame. 

• Like 1

On a more positive note, he's not been tweeting but he has still be reading messages, clearly - here are some of his recent 'likes'. 

I'm not giving up on the prospect of him returning just yet, but it is disappointing, we saw a similar thing last season albeit the matter was resolved much more swiftly, hope he's back soon. 

image.png.62cd1048cca2941339de6947b0e07f34.png

image.png.b8cdb5abc643b5accbfaef95df09a1ee.png

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

he's not been tweeting

But he has been on insta / tik tok.

Out to the NFL

out in London

Parked in St Giles. 

To name a few, but turning up for training.....you know, doing your (very well paid) job that most of us can only dream  about appears to be too much to ask/ expect.

• Like 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

But he has been on insta / tik tok.

Out to the NFL

out in London

Parked in St Giles. 

To name a few, but turning up for training.....you know, doing your (very well paid) job that most of us can only dream  about appears to be too much to ask/ expect.

Parked in St Giles? You've absolutely rumbled him there!!

See the follow up quote from Farke I've just posted, he references personal issues and then niggles to his achilles and ankle. Don't see why either of those things should stop him from being able to go out, but would of course stop him from training. 

Let's just see how things unfold from here before bringing him down.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Parked in St Giles? You've absolutely rumbled him there!!

See the follow up quote from Farke I've just posted, he references personal issues and then niggles to his achilles and ankle. Don't see why either of those things should stop him from being able to go out, but would of course stop him from training. 

Let's just see how things unfold from here before bringing him down.

Was discussed on here yesterday, not a show stopper I agree.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/144430-todd-not-training-wtf-is-going-on/&do=findComment&comment=2601706

Its been unfolding for 2 months, we are bottom of the league. We need committed players 

Plus Todd said he wasn't injured! 

Edited by Greavsy

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone think it's time for Tzolis to step up with Cantwell AWOL?

just one of the attacking mid would be great... we have so many options there including some we spent big money on only to not use them. Maybe we should have just bought a couple of big lads in like our promotion partners did

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Todd playing at The Walks tonight.

On drmic's decks?

Free entry before 11.

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Bet he's loving that. Friday night at Kings Lynn. Least he won't get stuck in traffic.

21 hours ago, Hobozilla said:

His car was parked on St Giles today on the double yellows. Really messed my day up as I was getting a skip delivered. I was running up and down the street trying to find the owner of the car and someone told me it was Toddy. Low and behold his car on instagram.

Screenshot from 2021-10-21 17-11-55.png

I thought he we was driving a Bentley now (yes I know he is wealthy enough to own more than one car).........

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He should get used to that, can only see his career going one way, he's made himself a part-time footballer it seems.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

So why did Farke say Cantwell was injured?

Because sometimes people lie, he lied about Drmic too remember?

Farke is not Santa Claus.

Doesn't seem to be any explanation why he missed training this week. "Not 18 anymore" sounds like a dig to me. 

Can’t play at 98% unless you're Ronaldo - or Hanley or Gibson or Tettey - Norman has never been 100%.

We need an explanation, we're struggling badly and playing a striker who can't score. 

My impression his sights are set on the transfer portal, maybe forcing the issue?  Burning his bridges?  He's made it clear he wants to move up.  My two cents worth, spend it however you please.

Farke was probably trying to take attention away from Todd by saying he was injured... once Cantwell said he wasn't it left Farke with no option but to tell the truth.

If you want to get in the 1st team, you have to train hard and train consistent. If you don't you are showing zero respect to your team mates and how can we expect them to train well, if Cantwell is not but still getting picked.

He needs to sort himself out, train hard, shut up and get back in the side on merit. If he doesn't do that, sell him but if he thinks it would be any different at other clubs he is clearly deluded.

Pity own of our own seems to have such a cr8p attitude. With Farke 100% all the way on this...

I personally don't think anyone has lied on the issue.

Do we know if Todd was saying 'I've not been injured at all', or simply 'not injured at this moment in time'?

If the latter then it pretty obviously explains the discrepancy; Todd missed several training sessions due to niggles, fell out of contention and lost match sharpness. Todd has since recovered, now feels he could be playing but Farke sees him as 98% (i.e. not still injured but not fully ready for premier league football). I think the fact we are seeing him play for the U23s tonight backs this up, Farke also talks of a process needed to bring him back. 

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Farke was probably trying to take attention away from Todd by saying he was injured... once Cantwell said he wasn't it left Farke with no option but to tell the truth.

But Farke has still stated that Todd was dealing with niggles with his achilles and ankle today, I don't think he is lying