Harry53

Todd not training? WTF is going on?

21 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

This thread is a quite unbelievable overreaction to what is an average squad player at this level. 

Cantwell scored 6 goals in his only Premier League campaign (over 20% of his team's entire goals). If our standard is so high that a player like him is an average squad player, we'd be fighting for Europe.

But don't let reality get in the way of your agenda.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Ok, let’s create a scenario:

You have an employee. They come to you and explain that they’re having mental health issues, have been feeling really low and feel they need a break. Being a compassionate boss, you say, “Ok, Todd. Take a couple of weeks off, take some time for yourself and try and get yourself back on track.” 

Todd then decides to have a pleasant evening out and attend a big sporting event. Things he enjoys, things that will lift his mood.

That would be a good thing, right?

Or are you saying “If you’re well enough to go to xyz then you need to get back to work sharpish, sonny!”?

That would be appalling management of a delicate situation. 

Unfortunately,there are companies out there who would act like this. I work for one. I suffered a heart attack a couple of years back and on returning to work was served with a disciplinary for my time off.

13 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Unfortunately,there are companies out there who would act like this. I work for one. I suffered a heart attack a couple of years back and on returning to work was served with a disciplinary for my time off.

That's awful - but im not surprised that it happens. 

37 minutes ago, daly said:

I knew a farmer who had a tight calf 

Did he Milk it for a month too?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Welcome back; here’s an invitation letter….

Surely the answer to this is simple - he's was told yesterday, that due to lack of effort in training (again), he will not feature in anyway in the game at Chelsea on Saturday so he has decided not to train at all this week.

Edited by Making Plans

4 hours ago, Harry53 said:

Exactly. We are not being told the truth.  We need his talent and energy.  

Anyone know the truth? 

Amal Fashanu reckons there is a Premier League player is struggling with their sexuality and wants to come out, perhaps that is Todd? 

I would have no issue at all if it were, and it would explain a lot with him dealing with personal issues again. This is a great progressive club with a small number of cavemen, it would be a great club to come out at.

I'm going to have people being critical of this post but I can't be the only person to put 2+2 together and wonder whether the answer is 4 or 5, there is a Prem player struggling with personal issues due to sexuality, and we have a player out with personal issues.

40 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Cantwell scored 6 goals in his only Premier League campaign (over 20% of his team's entire goals). If our standard is so high that a player like him is an average squad player, we'd be fighting for Europe.

You say that but Snodgrass (also a winger) scored 6 goals for us, two seasons in a row, and has never been anything other than a bottom half Prem or upper Champs playmaker and not got anywhere near Europe. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Amal Fashanu reckons there is a Premier League player is struggling with their sexuality and wants to come out, perhaps that is Todd?

Prehaps the player in question is looking for a move to a Club in the WSL

3 hours ago, WD40 said:

I didn’t get that impression from the post included in the story.

”You haven’t seen the best of me. But you will”

Anyway could well be. I’m at a loss otherwise. This is his career as well. Maybe he thinks if I play with and it’s a shower of sh*te it will harm me more than sitting out, firing off cryptic posts. 

He also featured on the promo video on BT during the Liverpool v Madrid game. All media suggests everything is fine but when it comes to club level it's smoke and mirrors. I know illness of loved ones affects people differently but when my mum was dieing I didn't stay off work for a month. Todd seems to be enjoying his life and surely wouldn't have taken part in the BT video for the Chelsea game if he had a close relative near death?  It doesn't add up and I am not buying the story of personal reasons right now. His posts on instagram are upbeat. That's normal if he is depressed. 

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I would have no issue at all if it were, and it would explain a lot with him dealing with personal issues again. This is a great progressive club with a small number of cavemen, it would be a great club to come out at.

I'm going to have people being critical of this post but I can't be the only person to put 2+2 together and wonder whether the answer is 4 or 5, there is a Prem player struggling with personal issues due to sexuality, and we have a player out with personal issues.

I think these days it's no big deal to come out as not straight. He wants to play football so all I can think is his attitude is not to DF liking

1 minute ago, Harry53 said:

I think these days it's no big deal to come out as not straight. He wants to play football so all I can think is his attitude is not to DF liking

Back in the day, say 11+ years ago, a thread like this would have all sorts of people speculating and making up rumours, like he'd been court sniffing a line in the bogs at Mercy, or was sh*gging a players wife, or had headbutted Max Aarons for calling him a big girls blouse.

Those were the good old days, now you have to be careful not to upset anybody.

1 hour ago, mastoola said:

Has anyone else heard the rumours about a fight?

Yes, and I'm still waiting in the car park. Get yourself out here ya wimp.....👊

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If he went to London maybe he took a West End show in too. I always make a long weekend of it when visiting the capital so why shouldn’t he. 

Because if he was grieving it's not the type of thing you would do.  If he is having fun then surely he would be training? If he wants to leave he needs to play, and that means training hard to impress. This is his profession. If he doesn't play he won't have a good shot at signing for a bigger club. He obviously loves playing football and I can't imagine why he would jeopardise the chance. 

Just now, Harry53 said:

Because if he was grieving it's not the type of thing you would do.  If he is having fun then surely he would be training? If he wants to leave he needs to play, and that means training hard to impress. This is his profession. If he doesn't play he won't have a good shot at signing for a bigger club. He obviously loves playing football and I can't imagine why he would jeopardise the chance. 

Todd’s a card isn’t he? I’ll make a prophecy that in our not too distant future he won’t be a player that many Norwich fans will be enamoured with. Everyone’s speculating privately what’s going on and not many think it will turn out smelling of roses. 

29 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You say that but Snodgrass (also a winger) scored 6 goals for us, two seasons in a row, and has never been anything other than a bottom half Prem or upper Champs playmaker and not got anywhere near Europe. 

Mid-table Prem player, and was never just an average squad player in his seasons in the Premier League after us. In fact, he was his club's top goalscorer in one of them.

So you're kind of proving my point. Neither Cantwell or Snodgrass are average squad players at this level. This level being bottom half of the Premier League. It's a pretty barmy thing to suggest, to be honest.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Mid-table Prem player, and was never just an average squad player in his seasons in the Premier League after us. In fact, he was his club's top goalscorer in one of them.

So you're kind of proving my point. Neither Cantwell or Snodgrass are average squad players at this level. This level being bottom half of the Premier League. It's a pretty barmy thing to suggest, to be honest.

I think Snodgrass at his best was an average Premier League player. One of our better players, but that's because we were a below average Premier League team which for two seasons punched above our weight. 

I never said "squad player", you seem to have made that bit up.

I rated Snodgrass but if he were English he'd never have won a cap, and same will apply to Cantwell. I suspect the career that Snodgrass has had won't differ substantially to the one that Cantwell will have, and that would likely involve football across both the top two divisions. 

You can imagine this to be an insult if you like, but lets not forget this description also describes the capless Huckerby and Eadie.

the strange bit is Farke is saying he is injured 

But the Player has gone on social media to say he is not 

So it seems they are not working together on this 

i am sure if when this all happened if both Agreed  todd needed 3 weeks off for whatever problem

they just said todd is not training due to foot injury Reporter said is that true todd he said yes 

social media he stayed off for 3 weeks 

Then nobody would know any different 

i am sure this goes on at many clubs to many players for different reasons 

17 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Todd’s a card isn’t he? I’ll make a prophecy that in our not too distant future he won’t be a player that many Norwich fans will be enamoured with. Everyone’s speculating privately what’s going on and not many think it will turn out smelling of roses. 

It wouldn't surprise me entirely if goes backwards and ends up having a pretty poor career if he doesn't knuckle down.

The Murphy twins showing that there are fine margins in football. Jacob Murphy just signed a six year contract at a Premier League club which effectively just became the richest club in the world. Josh Murphy got rejected by Mick McCarthy and finds himself on loan at Preston who are 18th in the Championship.

Game is full of footballing f*ck ups who saw their stock fall heavily, weren't long between the Premier League and isthmain League for Jamie O'Hara when he got distracted by reasonably attractive D-List reality TV stars. Ben Marshall and Tom Adeyemi two from Norwich who were washed up early.

Cantwell still got it all left to prove. Huckerby once said that he'd tell young players that they'd not made it in football until they'd played 150 games, and to never forget that. Cantwell is three quarters of an injury free season away from hitting that number.

Hope he gets himself in order and makes an impact this season, if he doesn't I predict retirement by 28. 

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It wouldn't surprise me entirely if goes backwards and ends up having a pretty poor career if he doesn't knuckle down.

The Murphy twins showing that there are fine margins in football. Jacob Murphy just signed a six year contract at a Premier League club which effectively just became the richest club in the world. Josh Murphy got rejected by Mick McCarthy and finds himself on loan at Preston who are 18th in the Championship.

Game is full of footballing f*ck ups who saw their stock fall heavily, weren't long between the Premier League and isthmain League for Jamie O'Hara when he got distracted by reasonably attractive D-List reality TV stars. Ben Marshall and Tom Adeyemi two from Norwich who were washed up early.

Cantwell still got it all left to prove. Huckerby once said that he'd tell young players that they'd not made it in football until they'd played 150 games, and to never forget that. Cantwell is three quarters of an injury free season away from hitting that number.

Hope he gets himself in order and makes an impact this season, if he doesn't I predict retirement by 28. 

He’s a very good player at times but not as good as he thinks he is. 

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Spot on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rock bus said:

It's interesting that the PinkUn has gone public with such a bold heading about his absence today from training.

Surely forces Farke to give more details at press conference tomorrow (which will be tough if Cambridge's assertion is sadly correct).

I thought we were not allowed to ask why because of personal reasons.. 

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If it is grieving for a relative, then that is best dealt with by getting back to normal as soon as possible, as anyone who cared about you who has passed on would want you to carry on and live your life.  This has been going on for weeks now.

If it is some kind of professional reason, like him not wanting to sign a new contract and being frozen out, then again, we would have had more information, so I can only think this is a mental health issue of some kind, otherwise we would have been given more information.

Either way, it could do with clarification, as the lack of info is not helping fans to have a reasonable grasp of the situation and leading to too much speculation.

Would you accept your personal work contract being subject to media scrutiny or a random stranger saying you he mental health issues? There is obviously an issue but I expect it to be dealt with behind doors. If he won't sign a contract ( his prerogative) sell him in the next window.

44 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think Snodgrass at his best was an average Premier League player. One of our better players, but that's because we were a below average Premier League team which for two seasons punched above our weight. 

I never said "squad player", you seem to have made that bit up.

I rated Snodgrass but if he were English he'd never have won a cap, and same will apply to Cantwell. I suspect the career that Snodgrass has had won't differ substantially to the one that Cantwell will have, and that would likely involve football across both the top two divisions. 

You can imagine this to be an insult if you like, but lets not forget this description also describes the capless Huckerby and Eadie.

I agree with your last paragraph.

But you've obviously not read the whole discourse. This interaction started because Cantwell was described as an average squad player at this level. So if it seems to you as though I made it up, you're flat out wrong.

Snodgrass was a regular Premier League player for mid to lower sides. I think Cantwell is of a similar standard now with the potential to kick on higher.

He's not an average squad player for a team at our current level. That's the only comment I made, yet it invites strange comparisons to Snodgrass and accusations that I've bizarrely pretended that someone said something that they didn't. The PinkUn message board in a microcosm. Well done.

Edited by canarydan23

I heard there was a massive bust up which became physical between Todd and Hanley were Todd threw punches. I heard this at the time Todd started having family problems. The person who told me i can believe but cannot say as fact. I have never put something like this out before but feel this may be true.

2 minutes ago, mastoola said:

I heard there was a massive bust up which became physical between Todd and Hanley were Todd threw punches. I heard this at the time Todd started having family problems. The person who told me i can believe but cannot say as fact. I have never put something like this out before but feel this may be true.

Can you honestly seeing Todd picking a fight with Hanley of all people….i really can’t see that being true!