Harry53

Todd not training? WTF is going on?

Exactly. We are not being told the truth.  We need his talent and energy.  

Anyone know the truth? 

According to his socials he was out in London - I think that was Tuesday night, but may have been Wednesday. 

I know if I told my boss I wasnt able to work for personal reasons, they wouldnt be happy seeing me out like that. 

Oh and he was at the NFL match at spurs stadium too. 

Edited by Greavsy

It's interesting that the PinkUn has gone public with such a bold heading about his absence today from training.

Surely forces Farke to give more details at press conference tomorrow (which will be tough if Cambridge's assertion is sadly correct).

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The truth is he has a very sick close family member who may or may not be on their deathbed.

That's the line.

If that is the only matter behind everything then you'd think the article would be wrote a bit more tactfully then wouldn't you? Just seems like its going to whip up a bit of a storm and probably upset Cantwell, as if something else is afoot, and if there isn't then that's quite poor really. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

If that is the only matter behind everything then you'd think the article would be wrote a bit more tactfully then wouldn't you? Just seems like its going to whip up a bit of a storm and probably upset Cantwell, as if something else is afoot, and if there isn't then that's quite poor really. 

Just what I have heard. May be true, may be not. Either way if it is as sensative as it would seem best for people not to speculate.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

best for people not to speculate.

Like you have? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From bitter experience I know that if someone close to you is on their deathbed, then life pretty much stops. Strange he went to the NFL match.

If this is a very recent occurrence then it's fair he misses training.

The fact that the Pinkun has gone in with this headline is either pretty outrageous, or they're not buying it.

• Like 1

Having read the article it is a simple statement of fact. 

Press photographers invited to take pics of the light session before team travels to London. 

They have factually (I assume as wasnt there myself!) stated that Todd wasnt involved. They have said nothing more on his absence. I see nothing wrong with that, certainly in the absence of anything 'sensitive' being released by the club. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

From bitter experience I know that if someone close to you is on their deathbed, then life pretty much stops. Strange he went to the NFL match.

The fact that the Pinkun has gone in with this headline is either pretty outrageous, or they're not buying it.

What? Todd's family don't buy the  Pinkun? Outrageous!!!

• Like 1

Todd made a very cryptic instagram post yesterday about an announcement today…not seen anything yet

Just now, WD40 said:

Todd made a very cryptic instagram post yesterday about an announcement today…not seen anything yet

He has announced a winner in a draw for his boots or a shirt, as a reward for a follow / retweet. 

The cryptic message was the one a few days ago with a photo of his dog in it, saying he was "fit" or some such. Todd, it seems, like everyone else seems to likes the drama. I guess he's young but this is a professional environment regardless, and you don't see many of the others players sticking cryptic messages up on socials. I find that behaviour odd, only adds speculation and further tension with his manager. 

In terms of the personal issues it's something to do with his family, maybe grandparent but that's only from info I heard that they were unwell a year or so ago. 

Edited by Danke bitte

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

He has announced a winner in a draw for his boots or a shirt, as a reward for a follow / retweet. 

I didn’t get that impression from the post included in the story.

”You haven’t seen the best of me. But you will”

Anyway could well be. I’m at a loss otherwise. This is his career as well. Maybe he thinks if I play with and it’s a shower of sh*te it will harm me more than sitting out, firing off cryptic posts. 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given he's doing a giveaway compaition I don't think it's that cryptic

The “compaition” wasn’t mentioned in the post. 

Leave the boy alone.

If he needs time away and a nice trip to London to deal with whatever is troubling his mind so be it? 

We do not dictate to him how he deals with his problems. Nor should anyone.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

According to his socials he was out in London - I think that was Tuesday night, but may have been Wednesday. 

I know if I told my boss I wasnt able to work for personal reasons, they wouldnt be happy seeing me out like that. 

Oh and he was at the NFL match at spurs stadium too. 

Your boss sounds like a bit of a ****.

Once they've granted the leave for the person to deal with a personal issue, it's up to the person how they choose to cope/deal with what they're going through. Maybe he needed a break to think about something else and distract from  whatever the issue is? 

I'm sure someone from the club will be in regular contact to help support Todd through whatever it is. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not like Archant to force an issue. However, I'm not buying into 'personal issues' - whatever that means and it is most likely he'll be off in January as nobody is benefitting from the current situation. 

5 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Your boss sounds like a bit of a ****.

Really? 

Anyways it was a general / hypothetical comment, as I personally dont actually have a boss. But I do know from the past when I did they wouldn't have been impressed with that behaviour.  

Starting to grow arms and legs this. Best for all concerned the club gives a bit of clarity even if not going into much detail.

If he's been given time off from the club to grieve (speculating here) then I'm sure they wouldn't mind if he had a few beers on a night out in London or went to see a sporting event. Yes it sucks that for most of us we still have to work while we grieve and can't afford to go on mini trips away to take our minds of it but Cantwell can and it's probably much better for him than sitting at home moping about.

The only real issue with Todd that we should be concerning ourselves with at the moment is where the hell he's meant to fit into this team. Do we drop Sargent and then have no out-ball so teams can just press us into submission or drop Pukki for him and lose that potential goal threat it behind or do we rip up a system that slowly seems to be working? I suspect this is why the club doesn't mind him taking some time off right now because he probably wouldn't be starting

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, komakino said:

Not like Archant to force an issue. However, I'm not buying into 'personal issues' - whatever that means and it is most likely he'll be off in January as nobody is benefitting from the current situation. 

Archant reporters will be aware of the rumours and socials, including if Todd has a close friend/family at death's door. They have just stated a fact that he was absent from training but seems a bit strange and insensitive to make the headline if they know why.

Todd like it or not is in the 'public' eye. That why he earns the wages he does.

A clear statement is needed from Todd and the Club as his absence is now more than the odd match.

No more and no less. 

• Like 2

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Archant reporters will be aware of the rumours and socials, including if Todd has a close friend/family at death's door. They have just stated a fact that he was absent from training but seems a bit strange and insensitive to make the headline if they know why.

Exactly. 

42 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Having read the article it is a simple statement of fact. 

Press photographers invited to take pics of the light session before team travels to London. 

They have factually (I assume as wasnt there myself!) stated that Todd wasnt involved. They have said nothing more on his absence. I see nothing wrong with that, certainly in the absence of anything 'sensitive' being released by the club.