yellow_belly

How many more games before Farke &/or Webber needs to go?!

Three more losses in a row or 2 points from 5 games for me. (We would be all but relegated then! … so perhaps I am being too generous!!)

If it is down to Delia, they would never be sacked. I use her overruling of the proposed sacking of Neill when we got relegated under him as an example. 

I'm still not entirely sure whether Farke & Webber are a team. Could Webber recommend Farke's sacking to Delia? He has his own career to think about and the current situation isn't exactly raising his stock. The same goes for Daniel, but he doesn't have the ambition I once thought he had. 

Although Farke would have been sacked by all other EPL clubs log ago, I think they will both make it to the end of the season with a myriad of excuses behind them. They would then only stay at Norwich if nobody else came after them, though Webber is the more  likely to be in demand out of the two. 

Edited by komakino
  • Like 1

Farke’s record in the premier league is truly  awful

Even after record spending for us and compared to the likes of Brentford’s start we are still doing poorly with no sign of improvement 

we should be gone by now but we know the stowmarket 2 at this level have little capability 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Forget it, its not going to happen.

Actually, the lyrics all through this song are spot on

Edited by Making Plans

I have I agree I think if there are no wins on the board after the Brentford or Wolves games we need to think about making a change. It will be too late otherwise. If things continue in the same vein I have no faith Farke can turn it around to get us promoted again anyway but we have to make a genuine attempt to stay in this division this time and if that means a approach from a different coach then so be it.  

16 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

About 200 hopefully. At least 

I agree, after Farke wins us the Premier League and FA Cup double he celebrates a little too wildy and is snapped by the Archant paparazzi snorting lines with a couple of BK8 girls and Delia decides his position is untenable. He then decides he's completed Football and sets up a bar in the city.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

4 year contract.

**** in the ocean compared to TV revenue.

A long contract shouldn't stop you doing the right thing. I think Farke was awarded that to safeguard us if he was attracted by a bigger club, not as a we won't sack you message.

It would need a sign of a toxic atmosphere amongst the players for me to even think of it. As far as I'm concerned, managers are generally sacked far too quickly. Considering he's in the position where he's rebuilding whilst going upwards, he's earned at least the season from my perspective.

• Like 4

Lol, sacking Farke and Webber would have the general footballing world absolutely laughing at us.

• Like 3

Why wait for the next one, two, three or more games the duration to be given to DF is irrelevant.  We are already doomed to relegation, two goals scored.  Yet another disastrous PL venture.  However we should already be looking to another Championship with any profit from this season PL, hopefully £30m and parachute payments and Farke has a rather good record in the Championship.

There are reasons to keep not least could we afford to pay off Farke and his backroom staff.  However my concern is Farke's attitude to his players, falling out with many players and keeping them on salaries while allowing them to live abroad.  Todd's personal reasons are mystical and show little chance of clearing up, and our primary form of creativity is missing.  What has happened to Sorensen?

Farke out no idea who can replace be careful what you wish for.     

13 minutes ago, pete said:

Why wait for the next one, two, three or more games the duration to be given to DF is irrelevant.  We are already doomed to relegation, two goals scored.  Yet another disastrous PL venture.  However we should already be looking to another Championship with any profit from this season PL, hopefully £30m and parachute payments and Farke has a rather good record in the Championship.

There are reasons to keep not least could we afford to pay off Farke and his backroom staff.  However my concern is Farke's attitude to his players, falling out with many players and keeping them on salaries while allowing them to live abroad.  Todd's personal reasons are mystical and show little chance of clearing up, and our primary form of creativity is missing.  What has happened to Sorensen?

Farke out no idea who can replace be careful what you wish for.     

Re. the bit in bold, I think it's more a case of those who won't make a full effort to work with Farke are very quickly cut out. Apart from Leitner and probably Drmic, who else would that apply to?

As the old line goes, the art of good management is to keep those who hate your guts away from those who are undecided.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Lol, sacking Farke and Webber would have the general footballing world absolutely laughing at us.

Not so sure, I think the general football world was surprised Farke survived the last PL humiliation and what other club would have shown as much patience with results both this year and last PL. Personally I think he has earned the patience given so far and perhaps a few more games but to say we would be a laughing stock for sacking Farke is far fetched I think. Webber perhaps I could agree with.

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

42 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Farke and Webber? Sure, throwing the baby out with the bathwater. However I don't think many would blame us for binning Farke off if we go 10+ games without a win, especially considering his previous record in this division.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Not so sure, I think the general football world was surprised Farke survived the last PL humiliation and what other club would have shown as much patience with results both this year and last PL. Personally I think he has earned the patience given so far and perhaps a few more games but to say he would be a laughing stock for sacking Farke is far fetched I think. Webber perhaps I could agree with.

If Webber wanted to sack Farke he would. If Farke is sacked over Webber's head Webber will go too.

All to keep a few posters on the internet happy.

Happy days....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Not so sure, I think the general football world was surprised Farke survived the last PL humiliation and what other club would have shown as much patience with results both this year and last PL. Personally I think he has earned the patience given so far and perhaps a few more games but to say he would be a laughing stock for sacking Farke is far fetched I think. Webber perhaps I could agree with.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Farke and Webber? Sure, throwing the baby out with the bathwater. However I don't think many would blame us for binning Farke off if we go 10+ games without a win, especially considering his previous record in this division.

Yeah, that's what I meant. If a bad start to the season meant that, 12 games in or whatever, we sacked both the Head Coach and the Sporting Director - we would be a laughing stock. Sacking Farke on his own probably wouldn't raise many eyebrows especially when you've got the likes of Watford doing it every couple of months!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. If a bad start to the season meant that, 12 games in or whatever, we sacked both the Head Coach and the Sporting Director - we would be a laughing stock. Sacking Farke on his own probably wouldn't raise many eyebrows especially when you've got the likes of Watford doing it every couple of months!

it is all start to go a little wrong 

the Team is not playing well ,

players not getting selected even though some players play what ever the result ,

50 to 60 millon of talent not selected or on bench 

2 highly Rated Players who we were told were interesting top clubs last season not in team 

Chelsea Player who plays well for chelsea and scotland struggles to get in team and when he does he is below par 

Man utd Youngster has forgot how to play 

Todd on twitter again 

we have only got 2 goals which is Laughable 

If someone had told me we would be in such a mess after 8 games  before the season had started i would not have believe them 

• Like 2

I think the footballing world are laughing at us because of them just listen to match of the day or talk sport 

• Like 1

As long as we battle hard and are still within a shout of survival within a game or two of the season ending, then he's done enough to not get sacked.

However much we don't like it, or however much we mournfully look at Brentford and/or Watford doing better than us (I'd be surprised if both did come May but there we go), the fact of the matter is when it comes to budgetary power and therefore, all things being equal, we will finish in the bottom three. Any manager that does better than that is better than par.

That said, we're not that far off the likes of Burnley, Watford, Brighton (and probably ahead of Brentford), so to finish double digit points away from these teams is worse than par. 

Finishing bottom three but having made a real go of it and being relegated by anything from a single point to maybe 4 or 5 points is probably about par for a club of our resources and I don't think Farke deserves to be sacked for that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Finishing bottom three but having made a real go of it and being relegated by anything from a single point to maybe 4 or 5 points is probably about par for a club of our resources and I don't think Farke deserves to be sacked for that.

Agreed but he has made some poor decisions already, such as knowing we needed to be more defensive this time around but persevering with a 433 which just wasnt working. Sure we didn’t have Normann or Kabak in those first few games but had we set up like we are now it would have meant we’d have bedded that in mindset in quicker allowing focus on the attacking third. 

Idah’s position too is another one which is baffling given the noise coming out of the club in the summer about how good he was. And now he can’t get a game. 

This is aside from this current Cantwell conundrum.

I think Farke is a great guy and is fantastic in the Champ. We all know that. But at this level results have so far proven hard to come by. Whether that’s a result of lack of resource or his own tactical nous I just don’t know, I still look at that Shef Utd season where they romped home with a bang average squad because they were galvanised. I don’t see that in our squad. 

Ultimately, whether Webber wants to or not, results will dictate whether he acts. We can’t go a whole season without a win. Though the ‘noise’ would be loud how could you, as Webber (who’s looking for his next gig) allow it when it makes his own decision making questionable. 

I've always argued against the idea that Farke and Webber are a package deal to be honest- one of the benefits of a Sporting Director model is it limits upheaval when you change head coach so the idea that if Farke goes, Webber has to is nonsensical. In fact it would be interesting to see how Webber handles hiring a new head coach- as far as I'm aware he only hired Wagner at Huddersfield and now Farke here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

The general footballing world are already laughing at us only the blind fail to notice it . Farke should already be gone a laughable excuse of a manager .

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

As long as we battle hard and are still within a shout of survival within a game or two of the season ending, then he's done enough to not get sacked.

However much we don't like it, or however much we mournfully look at Brentford and/or Watford doing better than us (I'd be surprised if both did come May but there we go), the fact of the matter is when it comes to budgetary power and therefore, all things being equal, we will finish in the bottom three. Any manager that does better than that is better than par.

That said, we're not that far off the likes of Burnley, Watford, Brighton (and probably ahead of Brentford), so to finish double digit points away from these teams is worse than par. 

Sorry finishing bottom is a complete and utter failure. As is relegation. As is our current position. If we remain winless for much longer then we must change it. 

Next 5 games.......

To much unrest I think. Great coach, but manager not sure when the pressure is on. 'hes earnt this season' is not a reason to keep a job. If I'm **** at my job I get the sack, why should football be any different? 

Players on bench/not even getting into squad- I would be thinking Jan to go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Sorry finishing bottom is a complete and utter failure. As is relegation. As is our current position. If we remain winless for much longer then we must change it. 

I only agree with your last sentence.

How can you call relegation a complete and utter failure? Three teams have to get relegated from the Premier League. Give our resources compared to the rest of the league, anything better than relegation would be punching above our weight and therefore a massive achievement for Farke; manager of the season sort of performance.

At the end of the day, each team has a "par" position in where they should finish in the league. It's not an exact science, but almost all neutral observers would probably have our "par" as 18th or 19th.  If Farke finishes 18th and within touching distance of 17th, he'd have achieved what is expected with the available resources. That's not a complete and utter failure. It's completely and utterly devastating, but that's more due to the iniquity of modern football than Farke's ability as a coach.

At the moment we're tracking towards last place and a worst points total than last time, that would be a complete and utter failure. But the green shoots of recovery are starting to show, even if they are barely visible above the soil at present. If we're still tracking towards last place and a worst points total come December, then you can start to make a case that Farke staying makes a below par end of season position inevitable and talk about giving him the boot. If we're still in touching distance of safety come Christmas, despite still being in the bottom three, then he shouldn't be sacked.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I've always argued against the idea that Farke and Webber are a package deal to be honest- one of the benefits of a Sporting Director model is it limits upheaval when you change head coach so the idea that if Farke goes, Webber has to is nonsensical. In fact it would be interesting to see how Webber handles hiring a new head coach- as far as I'm aware he only hired Wagner at Huddersfield and now Farke here. 

A pretty ****ing good strike rate.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I only agree with your last sentence.

How can you call relegation a complete and utter failure? Three teams have to get relegated from the Premier League. Give our resources compared to the rest of the league, anything better than relegation would be punching above our weight and therefore a massive achievement for Farke; manager of the season sort of performance.

At the end of the day, each team has a "par" position in where they should finish in the league. It's not an exact science, but almost all neutral observers would probably have our "par" as 18th or 19th.  If Farke finishes 18th and within touching distance of 17th, he'd have achieved what is expected with the available resources. That's not a complete and utter failure. It's completely and utterly devastating, but that's more due to the iniquity of modern football than Farke's ability as a coach.

At the moment we're tracking towards last place and a worst points total than last time, that would be a complete and utter failure. But the green shoots of recovery are starting to show, even if they are barely visible above the soil at present. If we're still tracking towards last place and a worst points total come December, then you can start to make a case that Farke staying makes a below par end of season position inevitable and talk about giving him the boot. If we're still in touching distance of safety come Christmas, despite still being in the bottom three, then he shouldn't be sacked.

Respectively disagree. 

If I were Smith & Jones, I would have said to Farke - for this season - 'Your remit is to keep us in the league. That's what you're employed to do.'

If it looks like he cannot do that - and so far that's looking like that will be the case - then he has failed and you don't continue to employ somebody who has failed their objective, whether football or anything else. 

Two seasons ago he was not financially supported and I would have had more respect for him if he had of walked this summer, but he has no excuses now. 

It could be possible that Delia - and its ultimately her decision - will give him until the end of the season regardless, but for my money, he hasn't shown enough nous to get the club out of the relegation zone as he too methodical. 

• Like 1