7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Always available for a price. I could use the 25% annual return that bondholders got for a guide and still claim I was being generous on account of the higher risk profile of ordinary shares. Feel free to ask an economist for an explanation.

You'll be pleased to know that Duncan already has shares and he can keep them after I've shuffled off this mortal coil...

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You'll be pleased to know that Duncan already has shares and he can keep them after I've shuffled off this mortal coil...

I'll sleep easier knowing that! 😊 

22 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Always available for a price. I could use the 25% annual return that bondholders got for a guide and still claim I was being generous on account of the higher risk profile of ordinary shares. Feel free to ask an economist for an explanation.

😂 You’re so bitter Schweppes wish they could bottle your tears.

Your shares are worth what somebody is willing to pay you for them. Ask anyone that isn’t a moron for an explanation. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

😂 You’re so bitter Schweppes wish they could bottle your tears.

Your shares are worth what somebody is willing to pay you for them. Ask anyone that isn’t a moron for an explanation. 

100 per cent correct on the last bit but just a couple of comparators on the price I quoted:

1. Cheap at the price - equivalent to 4 months salary for a player who 4 years or so ago signed a contract at a then Premier League Club but whose history at that level is radically worse than Norwich City's. The player's career then goes south and he now resurfaces this season at a League One club.

2. Expensive at the price - equivalent to 38 times the maximum cost the Club would incur in facilitating all its fans who want to go to tomorrow's match.

The football industry's problems are much wider than my shares.

35 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The football industry's problems are much wider than my shares.

The way you keep banging on like a broken record over shares and entitlements nobody would ever think it.

600 posts in 17 years about half of which must have been in the last couple of months suggests you are running out of avenues to bore the pants of anybody who you can subject to your whinging agenda. PinkUn posters have been lucky until recently.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, I don't see the point of comparing Chase with DS/MWJ. It was 25 years ago-in another 25 years, almost nobody will remember Chase and this forum-if it still exists-will probably have people comparing the merits of the owners of 2046 unfavourably with DS/MWJ, conveniently airbrushing out any of the faults of our current owners.

As @Segurasaid, it's time to let go. Unless Chase is thinking of buying the club back? 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The way you keep banging on like a broken record over shares and entitlements nobody would ever think it.

600 posts in 17 years about half of which must have been in the last couple of months suggests you are running out of avenues to bore the pants of anybody who you can subject to your whinging agenda. PinkUn posters have been lucky until recently.

Take this quote from last Saturday's Matchday Programme:

'NCFC have an enviable structure in place that has made us competitive in the right way, by laughing in the face of the outrageously unbalanced Premier League and getting us a seat at the top table again and again. We are punching ludicrously above our financial weight.'

All very true and very admirable. The problem is that we then perpetually witness a pantomime involving Delia, Scrooge and occasionally Father Christmas in which the rest of the Premier League laughs back at us. If we cut out the latter and perhaps make some minor efforts to increase our financial weight we may be able to project our views better.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

'NCFC have an enviable structure in place that has made us competitive in the right way, by laughing in the face of the outrageously unbalanced Premier League and getting us a seat at the top table again and again. We are punching ludicrously above our financial weight.'

All very true and very admirable. The problem is that we then perpetually witness a pantomime involving Delia, Scrooge and occasionally Father Christmas in which the rest of the Premier League laughs back at us. If we cut out the latter and perhaps make some minor efforts to increase our financial weight we may be able to project our views better.

Send somebody at the club an e-mail, Oh hang on a minute !

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Send somebody at the club an e-mail, Oh hang on a minute !

What about the trust.........?

43 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It has always irritated me how patronising and 'Holier Tan Thou' the club are about doing things 'The right way'. 

There is no right or wrong way, but results count. On that basis, Norwich are doing things completely wrong and are the laughing stock of the EPL - a league that deep down they do not want to be in - again and again. 

Edited by komakino

It’s quite damning that quite a few of those sales were to clubs either smaller or the same stature as us. While we were selling everything that moved others were investing. Then as with now, it only takes a few poor transfers and it’s game over. Chase must have thought it was easy looking at the flow of talent that passed through in the eighties.

Actually I have to laugh when I hear ‘fans’ saying we are the laughing stock of EPL etc. I work in Tottenham so keep an interest ,  just read an article yesterday from a Spurs diehard complaining that they are “ the laughing stock”. Typical football fans, myopic. Living in east London I get to hear lots of football supporters views, and I’ve never meet anyone who thinks this way about our club. I’m all for demos- I was at the “Chase out “ one, and I am in training for the D&M must stay one!

• Like 1