cambridgeshire canary

Leeds after Cantwell again.. And now they want him for free!

Of course anyone can sign an out of contract player for free. It's not rocket science. They would have to wait until July 2023 though.

What a stupid article. They can’t get him for free as we will just extend the contract under the option. 

I think some people are still of the opinion he’s out of contract next summer.  That can be the only logic to this story (that tbh I can’t be bothered to read)

Edited by Branston Pickle

They won't get him for free but they might at a considerably knocked down price. 

The club has the option to extend his contract but there is little point if he doesn't want to be here. Not good for club or player.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

They won't get him for free but they might at a considerably knocked down price. 

The club has the option to extend his contract but there is little point if he doesn't want to be here. Not good for club or player.

Are you serious?

Anyone know who his Agent is ? wonder if all this talk in summer and Agent maybe in his ear has unsettled Todd he has said in the past it affected him before 

The Thing Is with Todd's Tweets they could me a Thousand things !! 

Edited by norfolkngood

I really thought Cantwell would step into Buendia's vacant position this season and establish a Grealish-type status at his home club. His creativity and ability to feed Pukki has been sorely missed. I genuinely hope he's OK - his cryptic IG messages are a bit bizarre...

I'd like to see him tried as a second striker higher up the pitch. He doesn't have much pace or strength so out wide he often gets crowded out when teams press us and can get lost in a game sometimes. He's a good finisher though, has a clever touch and can play through balls to Pukki, I don't think from memory that he's ever been tried in a central position for us? I think it would suit him better than the role he's played before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

I really thought Cantwell would step into Buendia's vacant position this season and establish a Grealish-type status at his home club. His creativity and ability to feed Pukki has been sorely missed. I genuinely hope he's OK - his cryptic IG messages are a bit bizarre...

He's just a moron.

We've got a years option seems to be the common consensus so he won't be going anywhere for free for at least another season

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

At least someone values him

I go home and away and I must say that most other clubs fans speak highly of Cantwell.

11 hours ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

He should have been in the number 10 spot snd being given responsibility to step up to the plate. Unfortunately though our needless change of formation put pay to that. 

50 minutes ago, Justin time said:

Does that qualify him to be in your gang with TVB?

TvB may be aaknow know all bollix swinging antagonist, but he is not a monosylabic repetitive boor ( yes , I meant to spell it that way) like that rather pathetic cretin 'uncle Freddo'....he just has the hots for Todd and is mardy that his feelings are not reciprocated. Freddo is in the closet, maybe one day he'll have the cojones to reveal the Butterfly that will emerge from his pupa of self doubt and fear. Release the Rainbow inside ,Freddo, you know you want to.

14 hours ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Exactly this. Thought he’d be a great option for the number 10 role, slipping passes through to Pukki - they seem to have a good understanding / often on the same wavelength. 

hope Todd is back soon, I think he could be the missing link for us. 

7 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Does anyone know why he is still absent from the squad? 

Serious speculation/information please.

Family issues relating to an serious illness of a loved one.

No more need to dicuss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Looked in a mirror recently??

Yes, I saw a man who doesn't use double question marks as using two question marks is incorrect punctuation.

The story is probably ****, but imagine if we'd Todd for 40m instead of Emi for 33. We'd probably have a few more points, plus another 7m in the bank (or invested in the squad).