Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Bruce sacked

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Who knows? If they try a more rounded approach to the game than "give it to Saint-Maximin and hope for the best" it might help them but that could also be their best option at present. They have what they have until January. Is Eddie Howe still in the frame? 

We need to sack farke after this weekend because we are not staying up under him as he has said he is not worried about  us not scoring goals and for that and a number of other things he has not done I would put Steve Bruce in charge so we start winning match’s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, For the future said:

I would put Steve Bruce in charge so we start winning match’s.

Simpleton, dolt, dunce, blockhead, numskull, ignoramus, dunderhead, ninny, nincompoop, booby, saphead, sap. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, greendoor said:

Simpleton, dolt, dunce, blockhead, numskull, ignoramus, dunderhead, ninny, nincompoop, booby, saphead, sap. 

A bit harsh. He did score that header against Ipswich in the '85 semi-final...

• Haha 10

i hope has a long break or Retires with his money he never looks very well time to relax and enjoy life 

As for Newcastle well with there money they could get a world class manager if they can talk him into moving there and taking on the rebuild so i expect them to be safe this season 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 1

I feel a bit of sympathy for Bruce who seems to have been hurt quite badly by how all this has gone. Factor in losing both his parents in quick succession and it is no surprise he's already talking about retiring. It must be tough getting your dream job but knowing the fans never wanted you in the first place.

The leading contender is Paulo Fonseca who used to manage Roma before Mourinho took over. 

I suspect they will struggle to stay up. English clubs will not be keen to sell them players in January and it's an unknown for top foreign players. Added to that the whole of the Premier League is going to want them relegated this season. 

I've no idea who has been in charge of recruitment but I assume they will go along with Bruce. I feel sorry for him but his tactics are years behind the rest of the Premier League. Playing 442 and standing a left winger in front of Jamal Lewis left me wondering why on earth they bought him. 

3 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

I bet he got a decent pay off though...I just hope he's still got his hands to spend the money with.

A figure of £7m is being reported. Bruce says he's going to retire. So would I 

You would be hard pressed to find anybody who could do worse than Farke , the man looks completely out of his depth and has given up on even trying to win games . 

4 minutes ago, City 101 said:

You would be hard pressed to find anybody who could do worse than Farke , the man looks completely out of his depth and has given up on even trying to win games . 

Bruce with a far more expensively assembled squad has one more point than us

We would have a far better chance of staying up with Bruce in charge than with Farke. It wouldn't necessarily be pretty, but it would be effective.

All the best. Keith.

Just now, Keith Scott said:

We would have a far better chance of staying up with Bruce in charge than with Farke. It wouldn't necessarily be pretty, but it would be effective.

All the best. Keith.

Only the evidence is that's simply not the case.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Bruce with a far more expensively assembled squad has one more point than us

It’s not Bruce’s fault we have owners that cannot run a top flight football club . Once our owners are gone people will realise just how much they have held this club back .

Bruce has always appeared a bit 'basic' in his managerial style and the way he sets his teams up but if you look at the main Newcastle fans forum there is a main thread about him since February 2020 consisting of over 500 pages! A very quick trawl through reveals an almost united level of extreme personal contempt and hatred towards him.  The site is clearly not moderated as it's packed with foul language. Calling Bruce the 'C' word is amongst the politer descriptions. To a man' (sorry - 'person') they totally reject his claim that he's a fan of the club (which is stupid because we know he's Newcastle through and through) and merely shovel tons of personal fury at him.

I believe it to be true that Bruce actually had a better points tally in his last full season than a certain other 'fat' manager they had recently? Yet the media / fans darling of 'Rafa' is a Geordie hero whilst Bruce is worse than the dogs mess you've just stood in. I'm no fan of Bruce but Geordies treatment of him is worse than appalling. I seriously hope they get relegated now and that every team they play and opposition fans really raises their game to make that a reality.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, City 101 said:

It’s not Bruce’s fault we have owners that cannot run a top flight football club . Once our owners are gone people will realise just how much they have held this club back .

That's a completely different point to the one you made, which is the one I replied to. Do you just come up with something new when you realise you're wrong (again)?

I can’t see Newcastle being in the bottom three, they will be able to pay over the odds for players in January and then in the Summer really splash the cash

Am I wrong ? How can you say Bruce wouldn’t have gained us more than two points . This is the most pathetic start to a premier league season ever two points and two goals one a pen , I doubt anybody could have done worse . Also there’s the end to the season the last time we were at this level . It’s clear to see Farke is out of his depth and any other club would of got rid long before now .

8 minutes ago, City 101 said:

Am I wrong ? How can you say Bruce wouldn’t have gained us more than two points . This is the most pathetic start to a premier league season ever two points and two goals one a pen , I doubt anybody could have done worse . Also there’s the end to the season the last time we were at this level . It’s clear to see Farke is out of his depth and any other club would of got rid long before now .

I'm saying he wouldn't have gained us more than two points because he had a full pre-season with a Newcastle squad that cost approx £150 million more than ours to assemble and they only have one more point.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, City 101 said:

Unfortunately that’s unlikely to happen as by that point we will have wasted all our opportunities and been genuinely left behind. 

Our best hope with Newcastle is that they go for a glamour appointment or sign a load of players in January who don’t gel and/or are not really suited to a relegation battle. Sometimes you can change too much as we have seen with our own team this season. 

With Bet365, Norwich, Watford and Burnley are still the 3 odds on favourites for relegation. Newcastle are next at 2/1, then Palace at 7/2-quite a gap.

Seems that punters aren’t convinced that the Saudi money is going to save them-I don’t know what movement there has been on these prices since the sacking though.

47 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Only the evidence is that's simply not the case.

You're usually a pretty smart poster but this is just demonstrable nonsense. 

The 'evidence' Bruce is generally better at keeping a club in the Premier League than Farke extends well beyond the last 8 games. He's kept several teams in the Premier League for more than one season throughout his career, something Farke hasn't. His overall Premier League record isn't brilliant but he averages around 1.1 ppg in his time as a Premier League manager, meaning on average a Bruce team in the top flight would get 41 points.

The logic that because so far his Newcastle team only have one more point than us right now means he's not more likely to keep a team up than Farke would be like saying Guardiola is not more likely to win a title than Graham Potter as they are only two points apart.

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

You're usually a pretty smart poster but this is just demonstrable nonsense. 

The 'evidence' Bruce is generally better at keeping a club in the Premier League than Farke extends well beyond the last 8 games. He's kept several teams in the Premier League for more than one season throughout his career, something Farke hasn't. His overall Premier League record isn't brilliant but he averages around 1.1 ppg in his time as a Premier League manager, meaning on average a Bruce team in the top flight would get 41 points.

The logic that because so far his Newcastle team only have one more point than us right now means he's not more likely to keep a team up than Farke would be like saying Guardiola is not more likely to win a title than Graham Potter as they are only two points apart.

Genuine question as opposed to a dig, are you arguing this because you just wish to point out that it is not in fact clear from the evidence that Bruce would be better, or are you arguing in favour of Bruce? 

13 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Genuine question as opposed to a dig, are you arguing this because you just wish to point out that it is not in fact clear from the evidence that Bruce would be better, or are you arguing in favour of Bruce? 

To be clear I don't want him managing here.

But if I was starting a season, my job depended on staying up and someone asked me 'do you want Farke or Bruce as manager' I'd take Bruce. 

1 hour ago, City 101 said:

Am I wrong ? How can you say Bruce wouldn’t have gained us more than two points . 

How? Like this: “Bruce wouldn’t have gained us more than two points.”

There. Wasn’t hard.

• Like 1