KeiranShikari

Question for the moaners

15 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You already had a go.

36 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Answer to what? I asked a question that nobody has answered yet. Including you.

Oh im confused - these seem contradictory to me -  has he answered it or not? 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What is the question, can anybody help? 

I dont know - but you've already tried to answer it. 

Does Wikipedia know? 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What is the question, can anybody help? 

The question is as follows:

Do we all now agree that Delia and Wynnie have had long enough to get it right (after several re-inventions of the club) but have still failed to get it back to where it was 86-95 and that therefore they ought now to go?

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How many relegations under their stewardship? 

This will be their sixth.

Relegations by club owner since 1956:

Delia 6 (including 21-22)

Sir Arthur 3

Chase 1

Watling 0

10 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Sir Arthur 3

Chase 1

Watling 0

12 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Sir Arthur 3

Chase 1

Watling 0

Do you think we’ll get relegated this season? 

28 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Sir Arthur 3

Chase 1

Watling 0

Oh go on you selective quoter of statistics - do the promotion one - you know you want to!! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Do you think we’ll get relegated this season? 

Well, you don't seriously think we'll stay up, do you? What with Delia's track record? Since when do Norwich City ever do relegation dogfights? Once they're in the bottom 3 they stay there. I can think of only one successful relegation dogfight - Stringer 87-88 when they were bottom at Christmas and finished 14th. Flecky.

9 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Well, you don't seriously think we'll stay up, do you? What with Delia's track record? Since when do Norwich City ever do relegation dogfights? Once they're in the bottom 3 they stay there. I can think of only one successful relegation dogfight - Stringer 87-88 when they were bottom at Christmas and finished 14th. Flecky.

Our first season in the First Division with Saunders; the Roeder season when we were rock bottom when he took over...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Our first season in the First Division with Saunders; the Roeder season when we were rock bottom when he took over...

We also made a decent fight of it under Worthington, albeit ultimately unsuccessfully. Outside the bottom 3 on the final day despite a winless opening 13 games.

Ok, the final day capitulation was spectacular but we were even unfortunate in that game. Well, until half time. 😉

It's all gone quiet.

I spoke too soon about Vinnie..

I expect there's some furious wikiing going on as I type...

Edited by nutty nigel

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Chase managed to get 3 PL season's before he left us hurtling towards the third tier.

Someone should have got on Wikipedia here. 

45 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

I know Lakey fancies us to upset the odds on Saturday but are you hopeful of a point or three? 

Fact is our current owners aren’t really doing anything very different to what Chase did in terms of the “model” but it’s somehow rebranded as revolutionary and viewed entirely differently because it’s Delia and the transfer fees are bigger. Emperors new clothes and all that. 

On 19/10/2021 at 16:45, Uncle Fred said:

Look at the points total the worst in club history may be a more accurate assessment of why people are moaning 

What an end of the bell thread 

I think you  have spelled Fred  wrong.

11 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I know Lakey fancies us to upset the odds on Saturday but are you hopeful of a point or three? 

No, I'm going to the bookies for Chelsea win - Lukaku to score 5 - since when do Canary defences handle monsters like that? Benteke, etc.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Fact is our current owners aren’t really doing anything very different to what Chase did in terms of the “model” but it’s somehow rebranded as revolutionary and viewed entirely differently because it’s Delia and the transfer fees are bigger. Emperors new clothes and all that. 

Indeed - Colney had a hydrotherapy pool when Chase built it. It was subsequently switched off by Delia and is now being reintroduced by Delia, yet rebranded as cutting edge.

9 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Indeed - Colney had a hydrotherapy pool when Chase built it. It was subsequently switched off by Delia and is now being reintroduced by Delia, yet rebranded as cutting edge.

Really Vinnie? You sure about that?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I can confirm this we had a paddling pool from Argos and a pipe attached to an oxygen tank for the bubbles

true story 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Absolutely - you can check out all the ECN/Archant archives if you want.

The fact that you post this proves you really have no clue about football....... or probably anything else for that matter.

17 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Absolutely - you can check out all the ECN/Archant archives if you want.

So when were they actually turned off?

On 20/10/2021 at 11:09, king canary said:

In which case why can Brentford or Sheffield United do it?

Is that the Sheffield United currently sitting 17th in the Chumps?

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

Yes but that isn't the discussion is it? The discussion is about why we're improving on paper but getting worse results on the pitch and struggling to compete in the Premier League. Sheffield United aren't doing well this season but they have done something we've struggled to do in recent years- sustain a Premier League stay for more than one season.

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

It's the red and white stripes. They're interchangeable. Just don't mention Sunderland...

I suppose if you ignore all the dramatic changes in the footballing landscape for the past 30 years you're probably spot on.

Agree. The PR department at Carrow Road has been monumentally successful in convincing a whole generation of fans that selling players and replacing with cheaper alternatives is

1. Something new and is now call self sustaining or self funding and not something done by either previous owners or many other clubs

2. not prudence but morally superior in a world of grubby money and unfair advantage 

3. a long term plan as the academy will continue to churn out players and the cheaper replacements will continue to work out better than the originals, just look at Emi!

4. And finally, and this perhaps the best, that self funding is a choice, the correct choice put in place because there is no other option, but still a wonderful plan we have chosen to follow, although there’s no other choice

Chase made the club run on player trading profits, he failed to replace players at critical times leaving the squad thin, he brought us close to bankruptcy. This is absolutely no different to what the current ownership has done.