rock bus

Cantwell - where does he/do we go from here

Just now, Google Bot said:

And not 100% pork either. lol

Incidentally,  despite my location  , I have a Melton Mowbray  Pork pie in the fridge,  that will soon be left on the side to come to room temp,  I will then devour it with Colmans Mustard. I am reasonably certain  that I will be eating exactly  what is written on the labels.

2 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Cheers, I honestly  think that if there was a problem  between him and Todd, DF would  have been far less protective  of him this last few weeks. 

But you can't stop some people from negative speculation,  to the point  where they convince  themselves  that they are right 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

I sweeny  what you did there  Grandado. There are them that swear by a bit of long pig. 

The obsession with Todd's hair is bizarre.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Says more about Uncle Freddo than it does about Todd.

• Like 1

Reading Twitter this afternoon as what has been going on gets clearer I do think it is in everyone’s interest that there is a parting of ways in January 

Edited by Uncle Fred

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

It’s not that particular poster’s only obsession!!

36 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Reading Twitter this afternoon as what has been going on gets clearer I do think it is in everyone’s interest that there is a parting of ways in January 

What’s been said ?

1 hour ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

No idea what is Going on but i hope it gets sorted out and Todd is back playing 

Edited by norfolkngood

I think you have to trust Farke on this one.

Even with allowances being made for anyone’s  personal problems, it does not mean that the person might not still be showing a questionable attitude or that there aren’t still some issues being resolved.

I just don’t think we know enough about what’s going on behind the scenes to really judge properly. Farke does and tbf, doesn’t seem like an overly harsh or bad manager, so I would trust him to make a good judgement on it.

Edited by Jambomo

19 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Farke’s comments are a little strange aren’t they in the context of this absence due to supposed “personal reasons.” They make it sound as if he has question marks over his commitment rather than someone coming back from an enforced absence.

The two could well be linked. If his personal issues are severe it may manifest itself in ways that look like a lack of commitment.

11 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Exactly, and his chances of a decent move.

I still think a good few Premier League clubs would have him in their squads, but not at the price we were asking.

If NCFC want to run down his value to next to nothing then this is the best way of doing it.

Hopefully this latest cryptic 'tweet' is a positive one and we'll quickly see him back in the first team. We need an in-form Todd playing asap.

• Like 1

The worrying signs for me are if he's sitting alone in the stands and Farke is talking about him in the same way he spoke about Leitner two years ago. 

We should concentrate on what he can do on the pitch and how to get the best out of him. Several players have had poor games and retained their places.This recovery time after injury has not applied to everyone, Gibson and Hanley were not match fit at the start of the season. 

Was it fair to Cantwell to put a £40M price on his head? More than Emi, and we justified his sale by claiming "he wanted to leave" Why are we playing players who cost under £10M in preference to someone we value at £40M? Either way we are missing out on someone with great ability who can perform at this level, in games like Brighton and Burnley he could have made a big difference. 

I don't think it's just todd. Messers dowell, rashica, tzolis.....is Mr farke a good 'man Manager'? I don't know. All I know is, whichever formation is played we need creative players who can transition quickly and hopefully play a pass, but, all of them seem frozen out. The bedding in time does not wash with me. Your good enough your in. Yes a long season to go, but, time is ticking

14 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

I don't think it's just todd. Messers dowell, rashica, tzolis.....is Mr farke a good 'man Manager'? I don't know. All I know is, whichever formation is played we need creative players who can transition quickly and hopefully play a pass, but, all of them seem frozen out. The bedding in time does not wash with me. Your good enough your in. Yes a long season to go, but, time is ticking

Add Sorensen to that list  he has done little wrong when he has played

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

I think one of the challenges there has always been with Farke and squad management is that if you are in the team you play a lot, but if you are out of it then your opportunities to play are very limited. He doesn’t really rotate the squad a great deal (if we win or draw he tends to pick the same team) and doesn’t generally (although he’s started to a bit more as we’ve struggled) make subs early. Your opportunities to play your way into the starting line up are very limited.

• Like 2

On 19/10/2021 at 11:34, TeemuVanBasten said:

Cut our losses and sell in January.

He seems too high maintenance and unreliable, short contract length as well.

Newcastle might fancy him? 

Who knows, we got away with selling two, at overpriced fee’s before.

they even have more cash to waste now!

And Todd not training (at least with the 1st team squad while the press were in attendance) today... 

32 minutes ago, Surfer said:

And Todd not training (at least with the 1st team squad while the press were in attendance) today... 

That's a strange one and worrying, expect it almost forces Farke to provide more details at the press conference tomorrow.

It rather smacks of a disciplinary matter. Leitner and Trybull had fallen out of favour at their previous clubs and it was Farke who took a gamble to get them back on the road again. I would suspect then that if this was the case one way of dealing with a player who steps out of line is to keep him out of line. Not all players are the model professional (R Martin) as we saw with Oliveira. And with another two years (almost) there is time for the club to impose their will. Accepting that none of us know what the current problem is, we do know this is not the first time there have been problems with Cantwell