Lowest scoring teams in Premier League history

1st. Derby County - 20 goals

2nd. Sunderland - 21 goals

3rd. Huddersfield - 22 goals

4th. Norwich - 26 goals

5th Sunderland - 26 goals

6th Middlesbrough - 27 goals

7th. Aston Villa - 27 goals

Got a bad feeling we might be serious contenders to beat this record this season? 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Two unbeaten and here's comes the positivity

Draw every game 0-0 for the rest of the season that that would probably only deliver 18th.

Brighton for me was a decent performance but we displayed a woefully inadequate cutting edge. If Pukki and Sargent don't find their shooting boots then we're down, and that is realism. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

4th. Norwich - 26 goals

Got a bad feeling we might be serious contenders to beat this record this season? 

At last - a League we can be top of. 😅  (other than the Championship of course). 

• Haha 1

2 clean sheets running. 

I'll take us getting to only 18 or 19 goals if a lot of them are 1-0 wins 😉

We're basically defensive stalwarts at this point.

I smell a solid 45 point haul.

Disclaimer: I actually don't. 

• Like 1

"1-0 to the Norwich". Doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "1-0 to the Ars-e-nal". We need another syllable to make it scan.

I'm disappointed at the lack of "hope I'm wrong" in these miserablist threads nowadays. Up your game lads. 

2 in 8. That's on target for 9 for the season (I've rounded down instead of up as that shows us in even worse light, that's how we do it isn't it?) and would mean that we were more than twice as bad as widely acknowledged worst team in Premier League history, Derby County. 

Sleepwalking to even further acceptance of mediocrity, or we would be if we could reach the heady heights of mediocre.

We need more Tiggers and fewer Eeyores around here. 🙂

It's still hard to see where the goals are coming from at the moment, but hopefully soon it'll click and we'll be able to look but at threads like this and laugh, or cry into our cornflakes. 

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

It's still hard to see where the goals are coming from at the moment, but hopefully soon it'll click and we'll be able to look but at threads like this and laugh, or cry into our cornflakes. 

But those cornflakes aren't as big and strong as all the other teams cornflakes . 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

It's still hard to see where the goals are coming from at the moment

I can understand this thinking after a match like Burnley where we didn't really create, but at the weekend we showed plenty of threat and should've came away with 3 points and a few goals to boot.

So for me, it's clear where the goals are going to come from.  If we aren't creating is when it's time to worry.

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

4th. Norwich - 26 goals

Aren’t Sheffield United from last season joint top with Derby?.

Palace only scored 33 in the 2013-14 season and finished 11th. We just need to worry about scoring more than the opposition rather than how many we score at this rate. Palace had a lot of 1-0 wins when they finally got going that season.

Edited by KernowCanary

39 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Aren’t Sheffield United from last season joint top with Derby?.

Palace only scored 33 in the 2013-14 season and finished 11th. We just need to worry about scoring more than the opposition rather than how many we score at this rate. Palace had a lot of 1-0 wins when they finally got going that season.

Palace, Bolton under Allardyce and Stoke under Pulis have all been well known 1-0 merchants.

But none of them appear on my list, so must have scored more goals than we give them credit for. 

Looks like you are correct about Sheffield United.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

I can understand this thinking after a match like Burnley where we didn't really create, but at the weekend we showed plenty of threat and should've came away with 3 points and a few goals to boot.

So for me, it's clear where the goals are going to come from.  If we aren't creating is when it's time to worry.

I agree to some extent, and it was certainly a step in the right direction. Had either of those two chances for Sargent fallen for Pukki instead, I'm sure he would have scored at least one of the two

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

I agree to some extent, and it was certainly a step in the right direction. Had either of those two chances for Sargent fallen for Pukki instead, I'm sure he would have scored at least one of the two

Even Pukki hit the side netting instead of scoring in that game! Given his nicely deflected opening goal against Bournemouth, Tzolis appears to possess a fortuitous finishing touch. When you have a golden player like that, surely you play him? I doubt he'd fail to get the ball over the line in a wide-open goal like Sargent did. Probably do it blindfolded...

PS: Thinking ahead, when Tzolis scores, will we hear the kitchen staff celebrating by smashing plates in Delias Restaurant? 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Even Pukki hit the side netting instead of scoring in that game! Given his nicely deflected opening goal against Bournemouth, Tzolis appears to possess a fortuitous finishing touch. When you have a golden player like that, surely you play him? I doubt he'd fail to get the ball over the line in a wide-open goal like Sargent did. Probably do it blindfolded...

PS: Thinking ahead, when Tzolis scores, will we hear the kitchen staff celebrating by smashing plates in Delias Restaurant? 🙂

Yeah, only problem with that is his luck appeared to expire when he stole the ball from Idah and then missed his penalty

• Like 1

Goals are a pipe dream, we need to work on shots on target first

If we ever score again I will have no idea how you are meant to act it’s been so long 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

If we ever score again I will have no idea how you are meant to act it’s been so long 

Don't forget even if we do score you still have the hope of VAR😉

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

You shout "Well played sir. Give the Oiks a damn good thrashing".

• Haha 1

I'm just waiting for Farke's 'Goals are not everything' in his book of self justification for failure.