Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Finance deal rumour

From a source close to the top level of the club...

Hux will sign today having started talk early this morning.

Citeh will pay Hux contract off for now

NCFC will reimburse Hux contract shortfall by

1. using cash coming from any subsequent promotion
2. as part payment of a transfer fee from the sale of Rob Green to Citeh if we are not promoted - Greenos contract is up the following summer and we cant afford to let him go free a la Kents/Marshall; he needs, nay deserves premiership footie.

Sounds like prudent financing to me to fund our best ever prospect of promotion...

With all respect Zipper, we''ve had people on here before saying "sources say..." we are keeping Crouch was one of them. No-one can know the outcome of talks that haven''t completed yet. Wigan are now armed, not only with Dave Whelan''s cash but the Horsfield cash and are now rumoured to be about to steam in and match DHs current 20k a week wages. Given his pesky agent, i don''t think he won''t at least consider that and hear what they have to say. It''s a tough one for DH - live somewhere nice where all his family are happy and play in front of 24,000 or live up near Wigan and play in front of 9,000 but for double the money. This is gonna test NWs powers of persuasion to the max! We know he''s good, but is he that good!? If DH lines up in time for the derby i''ll be very surprised and NW should be given the freedom of Norwich if he pulls it off!

I would love it if you are right, but have just watched an interview with nw and he said for Hucks to play sunday the fa would have to have the money by lunchtime today.

Sticking my neck out I would say that Wigan are whistling in the dark. The sale of Horseface was not a means of funding Huckerby''s purchase as it had been ongoing before all the stuff about Huckerby blew up.

As someone above said 9000 crowds aren''t going to sustain a promotion challenge or survival in the Premiership. With Blackburn, Bolton, Everton, Liverpool and the two Manchester''s all within 15 miles it would be foolish to believe that crowds of 20,000 could be found on a regular basis - so tying themselves to a £20k, 3 year contract would seem a bit unrealistic given the knock on effect on the rest of the squad.

There''s been any number of these runty little northern clubs coming up shouting the odds then finding they can''t meet the costs and eventually sliding back - Bury, Burnley, Barnsley, Bradford, Preston, Stockport.............. oh yes we won the FA Cup before thefirst world war or some such tosh.

Bit like the delusions of grandeur the small rural market town in the a**e end of nowhere below us always come up with.

"We''re everyone''s 2nd favourite club, won four world cups, all cockneys, biggest ground in the country blah blah " whereas in reality they are dismissed by the rest of football as a bunch of unworldly rustics.

Tractor boys, eh ? Yeh sure, the east end of London is reknowned for it''s obssessional love of farmyard hardware I don''t think.

Wigan have as much chance of getting Huckerby as we have of getting five minutes worth of unbiased comment from Alan Brazil - both of whom are about to get their hopes stuffed a lot sooner than any of Bernard Mathew''s finest.

Good stuff Master Green. You are forgetting Dave Whelan however. He is the owner of the JJB empire and will be able to bank role DHs contract out of his back pocket. But I hope you''re right!

No disrespect taken A1.

I was just passing on a snippet of info I had heard from a usually reliable source very close to the senior boards members at the club - it was sold as rumour and not passed off as fact. As it transpires the optomism was misplaced...

Bit in the paper today about how Wigan''s Paul Jewell is bemoaning the fact that players don''t want to go on loan or join to perform in front of crowds of 8000 - Jason Roberts, Bobby Zamora, Brett Omerod, Nicky Forster have all said no.

Back to the lower leagues soon methinks for our clog and flat cap wearing, mill working, pig''s trotter munching hopefuls.

Joined no doubt in a few seasons by the straw chewers down the A140

Almost makes you want to shed a tear, well almost

Why is your source at the top level in the club telling you that he will sign today when he obviously hasnt! Perhaps you could tell them that speading rumours which aren''t true is very unproffessional!!

agree with the fact greeno deserves prem footy but think some premiership bids may appear in january and we will do well to hang on to him. your theory about hucks putting pen to paper today was out though! i just keep having this re-occouring vision of megson making an 11th hour deal that hux''s agent feels is too good to resist!! hope i''m wrong