TeemuVanBasten

Would Steve Bruce be more likely to keep us up?

Perhaps the only thing more depressing than installing Steve Bruce as manager is the realisation that he probably wouldn’t come here.

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

57 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Perhaps the only thing more depressing than installing Steve Bruce as manager is the realisation that he probably wouldn’t come here.

Presumably he doesn't like clubs that do actually win the odd trophy now and again 😮

2 hours ago, C.I.D said:

Presumably he doesn't like clubs that do actually win the odd trophy now and again 😮

Think the guy has plenty of promotion trophies but rather than add another relegation to his CV would spend the rest of the season spending his dismissal money on a beach somewhere,.. probably. You are correct however in that even if we brought a manager in to save us from relegation and that manager failed, we would most likely give them a shot at the championship trophy next season. Rightly or wrongly the patience of our board is quite unique.

I have just spent 3 minutes trying to say "scraping the barrel" in a Geordie accent. Still can't quite get it though.

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I'd rather have one of these Bruce's 

“That’s going to cause a little confusion “.

On 18/10/2021 at 10:15, hogesar said:

He's had more money and a better squad to work with and with an easier fixture list has amassed a whole 1 point more. Jesus wept.

I’m sure he is after watching that. 

On 18/10/2021 at 10:50, AJ said:

I'd rather have Farke, at least he knows the championship for next season...

I think Bruce has at least as many if not more promotions from the championship on his cv than Farke and has kept teams up in multiple seasons

I’d worry that Newcastle don’t seem that well organised and “at it” at times, so why would it be any different with him in charge here?

On 18/10/2021 at 14:45, birchfest said:

If you wanted to take a massive regressive step backwards. He cant get a team with players like Wilson, St Maiximan etc going, how and why would he do any better, and how could he be trusted to play younger players when we see Jamal on the bench week after week for them.

Its a NO from me.

Yes Bruce can’t get players going despite keeping Newcastle up time and time again yet Farke can right? 

Oh and don’t forget the magical football we’re seeing this season which is so much better and different from Newcastle right?

The reality is that Steve Bruce has had more success than Farke as a manager and his track record suggests he would be better suited to keep us up.

6 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I’d worry that Newcastle don’t seem that well organised and “at it” at times, so why would it be any different with him in charge here?

How many teams have been relegated under Bruce?

3 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Yes Bruce can’t get players going despite keeping Newcastle up time and time again yet Farke can right? 

Oh and don’t forget the magical football we’re seeing this season which is so much better and different from Newcastle right?

The reality is that Steve Bruce has had more success than Farke as a manager and his track record suggests he would be better suited to keep us up.

out of your mind if you think Bruce is the answer. I was polite before, I will be blunt now. Horrible idea. clueless.

Even if he was the answer - which he isn’t- why would he come? He just made a fortune to enjoy in retirement - and I can’t see many established managers fancying taking us over at present especially with nothing to spend in January 

24 minutes ago, birchfest said:

out of your mind if you think Bruce is the answer. I was polite before, I will be blunt now. Horrible idea. clueless.

No you’re right. Steve Bruce with all his promotions and countless seasons that he’s kept teams up is clueless. Farke has all the answers though! Oh and the football… 

Talk about clueless 

1 minute ago, BigGrantsTash said:

No you’re right. Steve Bruce with all his promotions and countless seasons that he’s kept teams up is clueless. Farke has all the answers though! Oh and the football… 

Talk about clueless 

indeed, you are clueless. we don't need to talk about it anymore.

Just now, birchfest said:

indeed, you are clueless. we don't need to talk about it anymore.

I am you’re right. I completely underestimate how much the faux moral high ground you boys think you get for having a great manager like Farke does for your insecurities.

4 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Even if he was the answer - which he isn’t- why would he come? He just made a fortune to enjoy in retirement - and I can’t see many established managers fancying taking us over at present especially with nothing to spend in January 

I doubt Paul Lambert needed the money when he took the Ipswich job, although the having no money to spend in January point is valid.

4 hours ago, birchfest said:

Promoted to Prem with Birmingham, kept them up four years, relegated but then came straight back up.

Then did two seasons at Wigan, keeping them in the Prem for both years (including an 11th place finish (their most common finish was 17th under Whelans ownership!)

Then did two seasons at Sunderland, keeping them up both years. They finished 10th in 2011 under him which was their highest top flight finish since 2001 and hasn't been bettered since. 

Then went to Hull, got them promoted to the Prem, and survived their first season. Went down second season but got them back up at first attempt.

Took Villa job, lost in play-off finals. Probably first job where he'd underachieved.

Then two years at Newcastle, finishing in safe mid-table positions.

So what on earth are you on about with "clueless", he kept Wigan, Sunderland, Hull and Newcastle up in this league, rectified both of his relegations at first time of asking, bet Wigan, Sunderland and Hull all wish they'd kept hold of him.

There is no active manager out there which a better record of keeping lesser clubs in the Premier League.