TIL 1010

Just Paper Talk Or Has It Got Legs ?

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

What is the answer then? Rupp and McLean haven’t been very good either, but we are ok to go ahead with them.

Lees-Melou, Normann and Cantwell would be my midfield 3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

So 1 good game against decent opposition then? 

He's not the answer for us, get him shipped back and get a striker on loan instead. 

So you can moan that we didn't get another DM ?

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

So you can moan that we didn't get another DM ?

Where have I moaned about that? 

Where have I moaned about that? 

Did I say you had?  I was merely serving up a suggestion for a new whinge, do pardon me. 

Would like to see Gilmour getting a go playing in a more advanced role, there is a quality through ball on him and I think we could do with that, I think there could be a potential partnership with Pukki too as that’s what Teemu thrives on, but regardless it’s way too soon to write him off (like all of the new players), and I won’t be joining in getting on the kids case.

i think he is a Good player at Chelsea but he has better players given him the ball and protecting him etc

but like others said not what we need he can not play his style of football in a struggling team

24 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Did I say you had?  I was merely serving up a suggestion for a new whinge, do pardon me. 

Erm OK, strange comments if you don't mind me saying then Corky old boy? 

If we can get a couple of wins and breed some confidence & momentum, he may well win a starting spot here in the near future. He needs to displace one of PLM & McLean and keep ahead of Rupp in the pecking order. I think DF was correct to bring in Rupp ahead of Gilmour yesterday in the context of Normann running out of steam. PLM has form with fading towards the end of games so bringing in Gilmour yesterday could have left us exposed through the middle where one goal would most likely nick it. 

I haven't clicked on the above link, but it does seem obvious that he would go elsewhere in January if he's not getting game time here. There is obvious talent & potential there, but I'm not sure we can afford to start him at this juncture. If Normann can stay fit and continue to turn in consistently impressive performances along with PLM getting fully accustomed to the EPL tempo, perhaps he might oust McLean at some point? I don't see how he could fit in supporting Pukki in place of Sargent either in this formation, for much the same reasons as his current 'benching.' 

I get that he was up against it during the first few games, but our midfield has looked more competitive without him. Has he been the one sacrificed for the extra CB?

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

If we can get a couple of wins and breed some confidence & momentum, he may well win a starting spot here in the near future. He needs to displace one of PLM & McLean and keep ahead of Rupp in the pecking order. I think DF was correct to bring in Rupp ahead of Gilmour yesterday in the context of Normann running out of steam. PLM has form with fading towards the end of games so bringing in Gilmour yesterday could have left us exposed through the middle where one goal would most likely nick it. 

I haven't clicked on the above link, but it does seem obvious that he would go elsewhere in January if he's not getting game time here. There is obvious talent & potential there, but I'm not sure we can afford to start him at this juncture. If Normann can stay fit and continue to turn in consistently impressive performances along with PLM getting fully accustomed to the EPL tempo, perhaps he might oust McLean at some point? I don't see how he could fit in supporting Pukki in place of Sargent either in this formation, for much the same reasons as his current 'benching.' 

I get that he was up against it during the first few games, but our midfield has looked more competitive without him. Has he been the one sacrificed for the extra CB?

It was Rupp losing the ball just outside the box that precipitated Maupay missing his sitter. Would have cost us the game.

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

It was Rupp losing the ball just outside the box that precipitated Maupay missing his sitter. Would have cost us the game.

True enough with the benefit of hindsight, it did cross my mind. My point was that I understood DF's decision at the time given the context. Rupp is fairly limited at this level but he does generally bring a bit of solidity around the middle. I take your point though.

• Like 1

Erm OK, strange comments if you don't mind me saying then Corky old boy? 

Say  whatevs,  like I said  it was just a suggestion.  For varietys  sake.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Has Cantwell ever played central midfield? 

In a 3-5-2 he'd be playing the higher of the 3, almost a 10. 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

In a 3-5-2 he'd be playing the higher of the 3, almost a 10. 

Not really how our 3 have been playing. I’d definitely try him there. But it’s not his position.

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Not really how our 3 have been playing. I’d definitely try him there. But it’s not his position.

He's got the best attributes out of him, McLean, Dowell  Rupp or Gilmour to play there, especially if you allow him a certain licence. Can't be any worse than McLean 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

He's got the best attributes out of him, McLean, Dowell  Rupp or Gilmour to play there, especially if you allow him a certain licence. Can't be any worse than McLean 🤷‍♂️

I agree on the McLean part. Always thought Sorensen could do a job, but he has gone AWOL. Probably fell Out with Farke 

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

21 hours ago, pete said:

Just the latest to get the Farke cold shoulder after Drmic, Leitner, Todd and Sorensen Stubborn attitude needs to be better man management.  

TBF, you have a grand total of sod all evidence that Farke has “cold shouldered” Todd or Jacob.