TIL 1010

Just Paper Talk Or Has It Got Legs ?

Stopped reading that tripe when they mentioned if we deserve to be in the PL.

We won the championship comfortably, we sell to buy, we nurture young talent, we look for raw hungry players and we play an attractive style of football. Yes we f***king deserve to be in the PL.

• Thanks 2

That article is unreadable on my phone with the amount of page breaks and adverts. 

However it wouldn't shock me if he was recalled in January if he can't break back into the first team, Chelsea wont want him sitting on the bench and we may want to use the Premier League loan spot elsewhere. 

Needs must I suppose.

Is there another PL first team he would get into? I'm not so sure and possibly he may have benefitted from a season in the Champs.

On a side not PLM had his best game in the centre yesterday.

January is three months away and so, so much can change in that time. Look how our starting lineup and formation has changed since the start of the season, which was only two months ago.

Having said that, Gilmour is effectively our fifth choice central midfielder at the moment so it would probably be in the best interests of Chelsea, Gilmour and ourselves to cut the loan short in January if that's still the case. He's clearly a talented player but not quite what we need right now.

If things continue in this vain and Gilmour continues to get little to no game time then yeah I reckon there is a very good chance he will be recalled. 

They will want to send him somewhere else. I reckon a championship club if it does happen. 

I do hope he comes good here though. 

It’s surely a complete no brainier that if he isn’t playing for us he’ll go back to Chelsea - it’ll suit him, his club and us, so it doesn’t even need a story.  But I also think he’ll be playing regularly for us by then so it probably won’t happen.

unfortunately can see his return unless he gets more game time. certainly not as useful as Skipp

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

Stopped reading that tripe when they mentioned if we deserve to be in the PL.

We won the championship comfortably, we sell to buy, we nurture young talent, we look for raw hungry players and we play an attractive style of football. Yes we f***king deserve to be in the PL.

Which game have we played attractive football this season, do enlighten us please

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Which game have we played attractive football this season, do enlighten us please

Do enlighten us as to where I said this season please

Not being funny I wouldn't care if it was true. It's all well and good playing well in a couple of games for a side with world class players around you, but he's been beyond tripe for us. He's too weak for a relegation battle. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not being funny I wouldn't care if it was true. It's all well and good playing well in a couple of games for a side with world class players around you, but he's been beyond tripe for us. He's too weak for a relegation battle. 

Does come across like one of those players that will only look decent in a top six side playing alongside good players

29 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Do enlighten us as to where I said this season please

Your quote was we play attractive football wasn’t it? Not we played attractive football.

surely saying we play refers to how it is now?

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Does come across like one of those players that will only look decent in a top six side playing alongside good players

Although he looks decent for Scotland which doesn’t really fit that narrative. I’d suggest he’d look good in our new three man midfield if Farke ever lets him on the pitch. 

• Like 1

I suspect somebody took one look his face yesterday when he was warming up and came up with this, like a slapped @rse it was!

9 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Although he looks decent for Scotland which doesn’t really fit that narrative. I’d suggest he’d look good in our new three man midfield if Farke ever lets him on the pitch. 

Not having to play top prem sides for Scotland though is he?

9 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Yeah. Playing against the mights of Faroe Isles and Moldova 

4 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Motm vs England

So 1 good game against decent opposition then? 

He's not the answer for us, get him shipped back and get a striker on loan instead. 

Hopefully it does. He appears like the Emperors new clothes to me. Everyone rates him because everyone rates him. I've not seen anything to justify the hype. Not terrible but certainly not good enough to demand a start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

So 1 good game against decent opposition then? 

He's not the answer for us, get him shipped back and get a striker on loan instead. 

What is the answer then? Rupp and McLean haven’t been very good either, but we are ok to go ahead with them.

Wouldn't surprise me at all tbh and it will be a smack on the wrists for Farke and won't help our cause it getting quality loans in the future.

Clearly down the pecking order to Rupp and McLean so me may as well use the opportunity to free up a loan spot get a striker in, if allowed to.

Just the latest to get the Farke cold shoulder after Drmic, Leitner, Todd and Sorensen Stubborn attitude needs to be better man management.  

• Haha 1