Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

There is a solution to our bad start....

......beat Chelsea. 

It would change the whole outlook of the season, give us a belief that we can get points anywhere and set us up for the next few weeks. When we beat Man City last time, we went to Burnley with a weak team and struggled through injuries.  That is not yhe case now and a win next week would really set us on a good path and give pundits something else to say about us. 

Tough ask, yes, but can it be done?  Yes. absolutely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

......beat Chelsea. 

It would change the whole outlook of the season, give us a belief that we can get points anywhere and set us up for the next few weeks. When we beat Man City last time, we went to Burnley with a weak team and struggled through injuries.  That is not yhe case now and a win next week would really set us on a good path and give pundits something else to say about us. 

When are you going to return from cloud cuckoo land?

You really think we are capable of beating Chelsea when we’ve scored TWO goals in 8 games and have players who can’t score in front of an open goal?

And you wonder why people ridicule you 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

There’s no flies on you Lakey, beating Chelsea would be huge and lift spirits massively. The only problem is we have about a 6 per cent chance of doing so. 

There’s trying to stay positive then there is just delusion. We’d probably be better off claiming a coronavirus outbreak and forfeiting the game in all honesty. Two goals this season, none of which, sorry, neither of which have come in an away game, points to us not even being able to cling to having a punchers chance frankly. 

We had enough clear cut chances yesterday to win easily and temporally move out of the bottom 3

All squandered 

Of course, why didn't anyone think about that?

It's almost like we could have used this same "solution" to beat Liverpool, Man City, Leicester, Arsenal, Watford, Everton, Burnley and Brighton?

But what a genius plan and solution!

Edited by alex_ncfc

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

......beat Chelsea. 

What an unbelievably pointless thread . “What would be great is if we could beat Chelsea”.

If only any else had thought of that . 

Trawling through this sort of guff makes this message board harder to use than it needs to be . 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

......beat Chelsea. 

I like it! Top v bottom  you know it’s gonna happen.  
Seriously though Chelsea are in a false position. If it hadn’t been for Mendy’s heroics yesterday they’d have been on the end of a hiding. Tuchel is coming under a bit of pressure which could help us if we stick to our recent dour and dogged approach. 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

There’s no flies on you Lakey, beating Chelsea would be huge and lift spirits massively. The only problem is we have about a 6 per cent chance of doing so. 

6% seems optimistic.

Came in expecting something ridiculous rather than a well reasoned solution…wasn’t disappointed.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Let’s be greedy and beat Chelsea then Leeds. 6 points in the bag and sitting pretty in the mini league. 

Well let me tell you this . If we beat Chelsea we will have 3 more points than if we lose . 
Hard to believe I know . You are lucky to have a genius like me around to point these things out . 

I will have a pint of whatever you are drinking Lakey but i will decline one of those extra long filterless fags you clearly smoke.

• Haha 1

Just now, 1902 said:

6% seems optimistic.

We must be around 16/1 to win so roughly 6%. Play like we did yesterday (which wasn’t bad 2nd half) should keep Chelsea down to 3 or 4 goals. 

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

What an unbelievably pointless thread . “What would be great is if we could beat Chelsea”.

If only any else had thought of that . 

Trawling through this sort of guff makes this message board harder to use than it needs to be . 

Makes a change from trawling through all the guff about how we are already relegated, that Delia should sell to a stinking rich investor. How we should stop the cautious approach and play * insert creative/forward player. Our transfer business is rubbish. Farke is clueless etc. Now all that stuff is pointless as it is painfully apparent what our shortcomings are in this league. So why dwell on it? Nice to see there are still people with hope out there for a change. 

On 17/10/2021 at 13:25, TIL 1010 said:

I will have a pint of whatever you are drinking Lakey but i will decline one of those extra long filterless fags you clearly smoke.

A healthy breakfast enjoyed up in Cumbria this morning. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Clever Farke said:

Makes a change from trawling through all the guff about how we are already relegated, that Delia should sell to a stinking rich investor. How we should stop the cautious approach and play * insert creative/forward player. Our transfer business is rubbish. Farke is clueless etc. Now all that stuff is pointless as it is painfully apparent what our shortcomings are in this league. So why dwell on it? Nice to see there are still people with hope out there for a change. 

Yikes . Now you come to mention it there really is a lot of guff on here . Thanks for succinctly summarising it . I don’t need to read anything else this season. 
Toodle pip. 

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Yikes . Now you come to mention it there really is a lot of guff on here . Thanks for succinctly summarising it . I don’t need to read anything else this season. 
Toodle pip. 

All football forums are grim when a team is losing.

Apart from TWTD, now that's just hilarious.

This is all very well, but the same poster will tell you that it’s a free hit and nothing else was expected if we get smashed 4-0. 

I can’t see us winning a single game this season. I genuinely fear that could happen. Yesterday was as pi$$ poor as ever. The 2 real chances gifted by massive mistakes from a team who clearly aren’t going to finish anywhere near where they are at present and we still looked clueless in front of goal. 

THE PLAYERS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

To be fair, we've just had the perfect dress rehearsal. Chelsea will undoubtedly go all out attack. Brighton nearly came unstuck by overcommitting players forwards.

If we stick with the 8 at the back, we might get a chance or two on the break. A 1-0 win is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Edited by Petriix

I can't be bothered to look at their fixtures but is there any chance they'll field a weakened team because of a Champions League game the following week?

If we go there and park the bus and stink the place out and Chelsea have an off day, we might get a point.

I'd put more money on us going 10 games without a win tbh. 

If we knew the result betyourlifeaway Ltd. would not be making obscene amounts of money. There is always a chance. It might be the hope that kills, but it's also the surprise wins that are the sweetest. 

43 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can't be bothered to look at their fixtures but is there any chance they'll field a weakened team because of a Champions League game the following week?

If we go there and park the bus and stink the place out and Chelsea have an off day, we might get a point.

I'd put more money on us going 10 games without a win tbh. 

Home to Malmö next Wednesday, unfortunately 

22 hours ago, lake district canary said:

......beat Chelsea. 

Take no notice, Lakey. Just remember the very same people who will laugh at your ‘unrealistic’ optimism ironically probably still throw money away on Lottery tickets on the basis that they think they might win what really is the near on absolute impossible. Chelsea are hardly in amazing form at the moment, so it’d be about right that our first win of the season would be a tight 1-0 win via Pukki at the Bridge, that’s why most of us love the footie 👍

• Like 1