Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Brentford vs Chelsea - wow

Just finished watching the Brentford Chelsea game and wow - Chelsea were hanging on by their fingernails and Brentford looked like they were an  established premier league club.

Something our chaps should take note of - full on attack! As for Chelsea, they seemed delighted to hang on to that 1-0 scoreline, so with our attack force, there's plenty to look forward to next weekend - 🤪

Brentford Play fast direct football , get the ball in the area quickly ,Create chances , 

it must be the way they are set up and tactics from head coach / Manager

it shows what you can get out of lesser players playing as a team 

we are miles away  

How many points did they take today then?

There approach is certainly admirable, but IMO they are the Sheffield United of the 21-22 season; momentum and bravery will take them a certain distance but they will be found out eventually.

Regarding the subject of Watford. Can we discuss the distinct argument and possibility why the football club Norwich city are not the football club Watford?

19 minutes ago, Ian said:

How many points did they take today then?

There approach is certainly admirable, but IMO they are the Sheffield United of the 21-22 season; momentum and bravery will take them a certain distance but they will be found out eventually.

You mean like we've been 'found out' at this level since Project Restart?   

6 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

You mean like we've been 'found out' at this level since Project Restart?   

Yes, it definitely has parallels with our previous season in this league for sure.

Probably why Farke has decided to try and adapt to this level.

25 minutes ago, shaunieboy77 said:

Cross after cross creating problems for Chelsea. Unlucky not to get something from the game. 

Shame our crossing is so abysmal and/or that there’s no one to get on the end of it anyway.  
That kind of game does seem to be Chelsea’s way under Tuchel,  though - fast free flowing and attacking don’t always seem to be their ‘thing’, but they win a lot.

Edited by Branston Pickle

We easily have the players to do what Brentford are doing, we just don't put them on the pitch for some reason.

Ironically, today's ultra-defensive 5-3-2 would be a great system against Chelsea. We might snatch an unlikely 0-0. Against Brighton we should be playing fearless attacking football.

I do wonder if slowly the results will start to change for them, I watched and fair play they went for it, but at the same time if Werner wasn't so pants at finishing then Chelsea could have been out of sight. I could easily see them slowly start to see that 'lucky' streak go and then it will be a test of character if they will be willing to keep that style going after, for example, 3 losses on the bounce. 

I really hope we lose in the same style as Brentford. Ohhh Brentford....💕      

Weirdos.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Herman said:

I really hope we lose in the same style as Brentford. Ohhh Brentford....💕      

Weirdos.

Let's just give them 15th place now, they deserve it. Love to watch Brentford lose almost as much as I hate to watch Norwich draw

19 minutes ago, Ian said:

Let's just give them 15th place now, they deserve it. Love to watch Brentford lose almost as much as I hate to watch Norwich draw

😀

They fall down the stairs far more elegantly than we do......

On 17/10/2021 at 08:07, Hairy Canary said:

Anyone notice Ajer didn’t start in either of the last two games. No sign of being injured that I could see. 

He’s been out with a hamstring injury. On the bench for the Chelsea game.

• Thanks 1

I think the difference is they are coming out and giving it a good go. I wish we'd see that level of fight from our players, we've maybe seen it twice this season against Leicester and in patches on Saturday. Need to be seeing it every game

Brentford have more points than the current bottom 3 put together. It will take a dramatic turn of events for one to overtake them.

2nd season syndrome who knows, but I wish we could worry about that.

Bit of an odd angle, but I remember the first time we were promoted to the top tier back in 1972. We started really well and were up near the top of the table at this point. Pundits were rather embarrassed to have to pose the possibility of us getting into Europe. Unfortunately it didn't last and we struggled after that. Time to mention Shankly's 'not a sprint, but a marathon' quote perhaps?

Edited by Yelloow Since 72