Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Well that was cack

Boring, crap, dull, uninspiring. Nothing to be pleased about. So we drew. Yet another game without scoring. And yet another home game where the manager made zero attempt to affect that. We went out to draw. That’s not football as it should be. I’d rather lose and feel we went for it. What earthly good is 1 point at home against Brighton to us. Where do we expect to get 3 point from?

Edited by Hardhouse44

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

You obviously didn't watch it today.

Just on the train home from the game now. 

"I’d rather lose and feel we went for it"

I wouldn't and that mentality completely baffles me. 18/19 wasn't fun was it? I'd rather see us fight and compete than meekly let the opposition play through us, constantly give away soft goals, lose every midfield battle, lose every header, get bullied and spanked off the pitch by trying to play insane, idealistic football with a team of small, slow players constantly giving the ball away with daft, lackadaisical flicks and an unnecessary amount of short sideways passes. 

Against the dross in the Championship it works fine, at the top level it completely falls apart at every level with the quality of player we can afford and that's not an opinion

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Boring, crap, dull, uninspiring. Nothing to be pleased about. So we drew. Yet another game without scoring. And yet another home game where the manager made zero attempt to affect that. We went out to draw. That’s not football as it should be. I’d rather lose and feel we went for it. What earthly good is 1 point at home against Brighton to us. Where do we expect to get 3 point from?

Again. He did not set out to draw.  The amount of chances we had to win the game might be a clue for you.  But then you would know that…if you had been to the game.  Safe journey home. 
I think there might be folk happy if we played with 4 strikers and lost 10-0. ‘At least we ‘ad a goo bor’! 

9 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Just on the train home from the game now. 

Then you don’t understand football and the context of our season so far.

4 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Bringing on Rupp was a strange one for me. The game was not crying out for that change. 

Normann was cramping up, that was the problem.

• Like 1

How can you call that boring?  So you were at the game?  Big deal, so was I at Burnley and that wasn't boring either.  Two good fighting performances with players clearly giving their all, stopped the rot, two clean sheets and something to build on. 

It's as if people think we should turn from losers to winners in an instant. I've got news for you  - it ain't that easy!  We now have a platform, we can go to Chelsea with some belief and knowledge we can play a bit - and create chances - and with a bit of luck get a goal or two.

So get used to it. It isn't going to happen overnight.......remember when everyone was calling out how rubbish it all was in Farke's second season? Well that took a while to get going, tough battles to get even a point like at Ipswich, but it was the ground work which led on to better things....much better things. 

It was a point, we were in the match to the end and we move on.  See the bigger picture!

• Like 1

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

Then you don’t understand football and the context of our season so far.

Our football is not good enough for this league. We will go down rock bottom. And it’s boring and predictable to watch. 

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Normann was cramping up, that was the problem.

So bring on a creative player and go for it. What use is that point. Every point only takes us further away from survival. 

Edited by Hardhouse44

13 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

More shots than Brighton. The same number of shots on, including the 2 clearest for us. What that says is that you are talking out of your ****

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Who said 

Fuçk you cüNt. I’ve been to more city games than you’ve had hot fućking diners. If you’re on the Norwich to Lowestoft train now shout out and I’ll re-educate you about how things are. 

Go support the scum. They need your kind of positivity 🤣

Just now, Hardhouse44 said:

So bring on a creative layer and go for it. 

You're saying a box-to-box sort in Rupp, replacing an all-rounder (who was cramping up) in Normann isn't going for it?

Throwing Rashica on for Sargent was already pretty attack-minded as Rashica doesn't have Sargent's workrate (no disgrace there, Sargent really does put himself about). So, you need another hard worker somewhere, and Rupp provides that in both directions.

1 minute ago, Clever Farke said:

More shots than Brighton. The same number of shots on, including the 2 clearest for us. What that says is that you are talking out of your ****

So what!  We can make a more shots than Brighton dvd at the end of the season and sell that. 

1 minute ago, Clever Farke said:

Careful, he fancies himself as a bit of a hard nut methinks. He'll offer to "re-educate" you soon.

I quite enjoyed it really, awful finishing but much more competitive as a team. Well done on finding a way to use rude words on here though; really impressive.

So what!  We can make a more shots than Brighton dvd at the end of the season and sell that. 

Always 👀 on the bright side of life 🎶

Just now, Clever Farke said:

Is he not a creative player? You said it. Out of your depth now? 

So you want to win the game because you’re at home and desperate for the points. You take of a defensive minded player and bring on another defensive minded player who is absolutely out of his depth at this level. That’s not trying to win the game. Sometime you need to change your approach to change the out come!

The OP is what’s boring, not the match today.

Thankfully you have no say in what happens at the club or on the pitch.

So you want to win the game because you’re at home and desperate for the points. You take of a defensive minded player and bring on another defensive minded player who is absolutely out of his depth at this level. That’s not trying to win the game. Sometime you need to change your approach to change the out come!

You mean like Farke changing his tried and tested system over the last two games?

100% you would be the exact character who would be bleating if Farke made attacking changes and we lost 1-0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1