Sign in to follow this  
Orly

2 Game unbeaten run

Time to get on the hype-train Ladies & Gentlemen.

Qualification for europe, here we come!

PS - jokes aside, is not to be sniffed at, even if the 3 points were there for us today.

Had we been told we’d have two games unbeaten 4 weeks ago most of us would have leapt out of our seats for it. I don’t care if it’s boring, I don’t care if it’s ugly, if it means we are tough to beat, it gives our defence confidence, it gives us a platform to build on. Otbc 

• Like 1

2 points from the last 2 games. Granted, Chelsea at Stamford Bridge will be a much harder match, but at least we've got a semblance of defensive solidity going and also that Kabak's gelling more with the rest of the back four. Sargent's work-rate helps out a lot as well as they can get reset behind him a little easier when not in possession.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

2 points from the last 2 games. Granted, Chelsea at Stamford Bridge will be a much harder match, but at least we've got a semblance of defensive solidity going and also that Kabak's gelling more with the rest of the back four. Sargent's work-rate helps out a lot as well as they can get reset behind him a little easier when not in possession.

If I’m honest I don’t recall Kabak making a big mistake all game. Gibson, Hanley and Rupp all had notable mistakes which led to Brighton attacks but Kabak I thought looked like a wall in defence. Great player 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TESCO said:

If I’m honest I don’t recall Kabak making a big mistake all game. Gibson, Hanley and Rupp all had notable mistakes which led to Brighton attacks but Kabak I thought looked like a wall in defence. Great player 

He looks like he always on the verge of making a huge mistake to me. I find him quite sloppy. 

12 hours ago, TESCO said:

Well I agree Tesco. He is improving every game and is now miles ahead of Gibson in my eyes at least. He is also the only one of the three centre backs who is prepared to carry the ball forward out of defence rather than pass it sidewards or long which is vital to the way we play.

8 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Well I agree Tesco. He is improving every game and is now miles ahead of Gibson in my eyes at least. He is also the only one of the three centre backs who is prepared to carry the ball forward out of defence rather than pass it sidewards or long which is vital to the way we play.

Gibson can 100% make progressive moves with the ball rather than sideways or long. I think the only question on Gibson is athletic / speed in naure, ball playing ability surely can't be in question? Hanley, not so much.

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

Gibson can 100% make progressive moves with the ball rather than sideways or long. I think the only question on Gibson is athletic / speed in naure, ball playing ability surely can't be in question? Hanley, not so much.

Yes fair point ATG but I feel Gibson will carry the ball forward into space if it’s there where as Kabak will actually take it past players. I know it’s an extreme example but his run forward against Burnley (?) is a case in point. 

On 17/10/2021 at 06:40, NFN FC said:

He looks like he always on the verge of making a huge mistake to me. I find him quite sloppy. 

I don't really mind if everything he does looks uncomfortable if it gets the job done 😂

19 minutes ago, TESCO said:

I don't really mind if everything he does looks uncomfortable if it gets the job done 😂

Exactly. As long as he never goes over the verge, it’s getting the job done. Not the best example I admit, but Whittaker used to get a lot of stick about being like Bambi on ice, but he could carry the ball forward pretty effectively.

Edited by Nuff Said

29 minutes ago, TESCO said:

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Exactly. As long as he never goes over the verge, it’s getting the job done. Not the best example I admit, but Whittaker used to get a lot of stick about being like Bambi on ice, but he could carry the ball forward pretty effectively.

I hope you're both right. I just have a sneaky suspicion he'll be sent off soon enough and we already struggle with 11 on the pitch

It's about small steps, most of us expect to lose on Saturday but if we can regroup and get a win and a draw from the two games after that it's one defeat in five, a platform to build on. Its going to be a hard slog this year but 17th isn't beyond us IMO. Yes my glass is half full.