Sign in to follow this  
Don’t be Krul

Jeff Stelling shut your noise

Berating VAR official for not giving penalty. Sounds like it was, but would he have been so vocal had we been denied by VAR? About time the luck ran our way for once so shut your cakehole Stelling et al

He went on about it being a clear penalty but the  lady following the game didn’t think there was a touch until they showed the slow motion replays. Thus there was not a clear and obvious error by the referee so VAR rightly called it no penalty. 
To make Sterling’s comments even worse was they were criticising VAR earlier for showing referees slow motion replays of incidents rather than real time replays. So it would seem Ok to use them if it’s Norwich on the receiving end but not otherwise. Typical of the current state of past it punditry.

• Like 1

He's about four years beyond his retirement age. Uses to be a good presenter but bought into his own hype. If he was half as good at his job as he thinks he is he'd be decent. I stopped watching that Saturday afternoon middle-aged sticky biscuit session years ago. Barely above TalkSport in their insight.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

He went on about it being a clear penalty but the  lady following the game didn’t think there was a touch until they showed the slow motion replays. Thus there was not a clear and obvious error by the referee so VAR rightly called it no penalty. 
To make Sterling’s comments even worse was they were criticising VAR earlier for showing referees slow motion replays of incidents rather than real time replays. So it would seem Ok to use them if it’s Norwich on the receiving end but not otherwise. Typical of the current state of past it punditry.

even though there was 'contact', he took another stride then dived on the floor

• Like 1

Also he and his panel of failed managers and avarage players  absolutley slagged us off for not playing Gilmour , and that Chelsea should take him back. They clearly never watch our matches and are going by Gilmours preformances for Scotland against crap international teams.

Luckily, he isn't doing VAR. An incident like that is only about opinion. The ref didn't think it was. VAR didn't think he made a mistake.

From the replays I have seen, there was contact but no foul. If we are going to give penalties every time there is "contact", then lets get a few ballet dancers up front.

13 minutes ago, Baracouda said:

even though there was 'contact', he took another stride then dived on the floor

He realised he had taken too heavy a touch and dived.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Never a penalty 😂😂

I agree, krul touched maupay foot, he takes another step on that foot what was touched then goes down. He sees 2 city shirts and think it's better to throw himself on the floor, what I remember of it 

I’ve not seen one match report saying it was a pen, so I’ll take those + the referee’s opinions, over a senile old **** on Sky any day of the week.

49 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

It wasn’t a penalty for me but it certainly would have been given by Var two seasons ago when we were last here as there was contact 

Maybe. Still not a pen though, contact doesn't always mean it's a foul.

They don't know the rules, just shouting 'there was contact' doesn't work.

Mike Riley, the head of the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), has revealed that officials will push back on a more forensic approach to decision-making, meaning fewer penalties and fouls will be awarded for minimal contact

• Like 1

MOTD didn't reference the incident at all.  Its a Sky driven conspiracy!  Or BBC ensuring VAR doesn't get criticised?  🤷‍♂️