Herman

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread*****

Enjoyed the game, crowd really got going, definitely plenty to build on…….like erm….how to take a set piece

15 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

If we play like this we won’t get annihilated by anyone. We might draw 0-0 though 🧐

Chelsea next...

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So what are you saying? All we can hope for is 0-0? The game was summed up for me in the last minute when Gibson couldn't pass the ball properly and gave Giannoulis an impossible ball that ran out of play. Simply not good enough.

I'm saying the quality of our players was the issue not the tactical approach or formation. What you've highlighted was a quality issue. 

No, we can hope for more, but Brighton are better than us, so 0-0 isn't a bad result. We can only afford 10m quality players and young loan players, that's the reason why we have to set up to counter the opposition. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Enjoyed the game, crowd really got going, definitely plenty to build on…….like erm….how to take a set piece

Did sound very loud especially in the second half. Best rendition of OTBC I have heard for ages. And decent of them to give Sargent a bit of applause when he left the pitch.

14 minutes ago, Olano said:

Its all aboute prespective. We can celebrate that we Are in this leage.

Well suported club with some great players

But I onely 1 time in this last to games belived we would score. I think 12 points is more realistic then 20 points.

If Farke trusted his players then he would have gamled in the end.

If he had gambled and lost what would you be saying then? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

Trust me I would not complayin 🙂

If I ever do when we gamble, raimaind my and I Will Bay you a pint🙂

Edited by Olano

That’s two points definitely dropped due to an early contender for miss of the season and one of those games we were looking at being a possible first win of the season.

Played like a bunch of rabbits in the headlights, really need to desperately improve.

Edited by KernowCanary

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

100%. 

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm saying the quality of our players was the issue not the tactical approach or formation. What you've highlighted was a quality issue. 

No, we can hope for more, but Brighton are better than us, so 0-0 isn't a bad result. We can only afford 10m quality players and young loan players, that's the reason why we have to set up to counter the opposition. 

So if the new players are not good enough as they didn't even start, then where do we go from here?

Are you really saying Brighton were better than us today? Forget previous results. Second half we were better. But that doesn't make it a good game.

And we cannot have it both ways. We want to be in the EPL but cry the poor tale because we can only afford £10M players.

5 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

How is changing things a gamble? You are saying he went out to draw at best.

Coaches see things during a game and change it because of the opposition. And despite all their possession, 8 goal Brighton were toothless up front.

Personally I though Gibson could have come off with 20 minutes to go and we could have pressed a defence that handed us two open goals.

• Like 1

Sargent worked tirelessly yet again. Disappointed he didn't score 1 of his 2 chances. That's the difference in this league. He has been playing well, not like he's missed absolute sitters

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

It must be said that PLM was bloody superb today.

Agere 100 prosent.

At the end of the day it's a point and a clean sheet. However feel it's 2 points dropped with 4 one on ones and an open goal. Luckily Maupay misses a sitter and we can at least celebrate a point.

Desperately need a goal scorer though, that open goal from Sargent was simply appalling.

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How is changing things a gamble? You are saying he went out to draw at best.

Coaches see things during a game and change it because of the opposition. And despite all their possession, 8 goal Brighton were toothless up front.

Personally I though Gibson could have come off with 20 minutes to go and we could have pressed a defence that handed us two open goals.

No obviously I’m not saying he went out to draw at best. We created enough chances to have won. Despite 3 at the back. But if you don’t take your chances make sure at least you don’t lose the game. 
Brighton are decent, even beloved Brentford lost at home to them. I just think if we’d taken one out of defense we would’ve handed the game to Brighton late on. 

9 minutes ago, Olano said:

Agere 100 prosent.

We can agree on that. His best game so far. Even if his shooting was a bit off. Some of his through balls were sublime. 

32 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Sargent worked tirelessly yet again. Disappointed he didn't score 1 of his 2 chances. That's the difference in this league. He has been playing well, not like he's missed absolute sitters

So an open goal is not an absolute sitter? 🤣🤣🤣

Re the penalty incident, the pundits have quickly forgotten this,

Mike Riley, the head of the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), has revealed that officials will push back on a more forensic approach to decision-making, meaning fewer penalties and fouls will be awarded for minimal contact

36 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

A professional footballer at any level would expect to score the open goal. He’s massively under hit it and it probably wouldn’t have got to the goal even if the defender wasn’t there to clear. It’s an absolute sitter 

11 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So an open goal is not an absolute sitter? 🤣🤣🤣

Not from 20 yards In my book, ok it was an open goal but he was hitting the target. An absolute sitter to me is about 3 yards out.

6 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

A professional footballer at any level would expect to score the open goal. He’s massively under hit it and it probably wouldn’t have got to the goal even if the defender wasn’t there to clear. It’s an absolute sitter 

We all have different views buddy

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Not from 20 yards In my book, ok it was an open goal but he was hitting the target. An absolute sitter to me is about 3 yards out.

I'm not even sure it was hitting the target. It was a shocker and he won't get many easier chances than that.

Corner of the penalty box, pretty much. Not the easiest open goal you'll ever see. Shame, as he put good pressure on to get that chance in the first place.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

That is daft. It was a completely open goal. Everyone says a penalty shouldn't be missed and that has a keeper to stop it. He should have scored and there is no excuse.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Did sound very loud especially in the second half. Best rendition of OTBC I have heard for ages. And decent of them to give Sargent a bit of applause when he left the pitch.

Most I think really appreciated the work done by Sargent today, left nothing on the pitch, not even a goal.