Herman

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread*****

Surprised at the surprise about this formation and team; Farke was always going to stick with what got us a point at Burnley.

Only possible change was going to be Cantwell in.

I'm going for a sneaky 1-0 City win.

OTBC

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Surprised at the surprise about this formation and team; Farke was always going to stick with what got us a point at Burnley.

Only possible change was going to be Cantwell in.

I'm going for a sneaky 1-0 City win.

OTBC

These were two games we could realistically targeted wins this and Burnley and we have gone 5 atb in both that looked devoid of any attacking threat against Burnley. I really hope it changes today I am desperate for it to, but I don't see it.

42 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It's a team designed to stay in the game, with presumably the idea that Tzolis or Rashica come on to provide more attacking threat in the last 20. But that is dependent on not going behind early 😬.

If you know you have a set up that can keep you in the game, then that's the set up you move to once your attacking players have made the goals. 

• Like 1

Wasn’t going say, but I hate 5 at the back, too negative, yes we got a point against Burnley with this, but there’s little threat, it looks like we haven’t got any speed this to counter! Just invite too much pressure! Much prefer to be playing with pace on the wings and not play three in midfield wen we have three at the back!

Still I’m not a manager just a fan!

This has been dire so far. Brighton playing the same formation, but look at the position of their full backs compared to ours. 

53 minutes ago, komakino said:

A very negative poster, even if we were top of the Premier League. 

Fixed that for you.

Starting to come in to it a bit now which is nice to see. Glad the ref got the yellow card out straight away for that.

Edited by Jsim1986

27 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

If you know you have a set up that can keep you in the game, then that's the set up you move to once your attacking players have made the goals. 

Which is pointless if the attacking line-up leaves you 2-0 down because you've put out a side that's too lightweight in the middle of the park.

Kabak really needs to calm down, that's a needless yellow. Ombadalie must be wondering why he isnt getting this chance.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

I thought it was. It would have been at the other end ?

Behave Corky, Maupay didn't decide to start falling over until he was in the back row of the river end 🙄

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I thought it was. It would have been at the other end ?

Not for me. I thought the Krul one last week against Burnley was a definite pen for them that we got away with. This one, no chance.

Just because you touch someone, that doesn't make it a foul. It's a contact sport, you are allowed to make contact, you are not allowed to foul him. Edit - and there is zero chance that the contact was enough for him to go over. Zero.

Edited by All the Germans

Manager is just so far out of his depth it’s embarrassing, hope he’s gone soon . At least let’s go down trying to win a game .

• Haha 1

Thought it was impossible to pick a midfield without creativity and defensive solidity. We’ve achieved it though. 

We don't look anywhere near a Premier league side, we don't even look like a decent championship one right now.